Keurig Offer
143 Members and 12147 Guests Online

In the Garden

Spray N Grow on HSN now?

Started 1297418044.707 in In the Garden | Last reply 1300768274.65 by LuvLife

While channel surfing yesterday I noticed an HSN Lawn and Garden promo featuring that Spray N Grow micronutrient liquid and the older man that used to present it for many many years on QVC. Just suprised me, that's all. Guess we won't be seeing him on the Q anymore this Spring with all those AMAZING With Spray N Grow and Without pictures.

I have used this with pretty good results on most of my garden flowers the past 6 or 7 years now. HSN's price is $17.95/bottle compared to the $19.95 I always paid at QVC.

"The morning breeze has secrets to tell you, don't go back to sleep." - Rumi

Page 1 of 2
JMINNY1297444984.0572233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

Really????? I can't believe QVC would get rid of "spray n grow" when they always say during the presentations, close to a million bottles sold, and that it is the best selling garden product "ever".....If it is on HSN I will be very upset, as I order this product like crazy....{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

I am a WEN girl, a Geller girl, a Mallinista, and proud of it!!!

stilltamn8r1297445103.80713953 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006So Cal

That is my all time favorite garden product.... well rootblast is a close second..

Jeanne R1297448530.4174788 PostsRegistered 7/5/2010

of course, i love it but why qvc gonna get rid of it?

purrmom1297448636.1673399 PostsRegistered 5/27/2010Mid-MO

Maybe they want to market to people who don't get QVC.

JustJazzmom1297449629.96727808 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Maybe Spray and Grow contract was finished with QVC and they were able to negotiate a better deal with HSN?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

JMINNY1297449827.0932233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

I looked it up on HSN and yes, it's there, with some sprayers also-If QVC made the choice to get rid of them-they're crazy....it was my favorite garden product, and as someone who really does not order from HSN-I am really upset-QVC's price was good...I will have to order direct from spray n grow now...{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.

stilltamn8r1297450888.99713953 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006So Cal

I couldhave sworn I saw this at a brick and mortar store- someplace thatI was really surprised by- Maybe Rite Aid or another drug store?

rustynail11297451792.381664 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010East Central Illinois

I just checked what I have on hand in my basement. I bought the 20 ounce bottle for years at QVC for $19.95 HSN is selling the 16 ounce smaller bottle for $17.95. Hmmmm.

donnalona1297619616.717862 PostsRegistered 7/6/2005Long Island, NY

I've been buying his product directly from his site the past few years mainly because doing that I've developed a relationship with the company. I've had many spray guns replaced by them due to malfunction for free even many months later and that's why I but it from them. They have me on file and any problems or concerns about their product they make good on it and since it's family owned they are wonderful folks to deal with. Although the Q introduced me to this wonderful product they wouldn't fix my spray gun they directed me to the company itself and that's why I stick with them directly.

chihuahuaX31297958018.33349 PostsRegistered 5/8/2010

Thanks for the info!

JMINNY1298057139.0172233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

SO.......-I see that in carolyn's garden blog, that roberta's is coming out with a new product called "spray and flourish" this sunday....Hmmmm, sounds like a knock-off of the "spray n grow" to me.....sorry, but I think it's terrible to knock-off a very popular product that made QVC alot of money over the years...i will continue to buy spray n grow elsewhere....not interested in Robertas knock-off.....

straitgirl1298234218.7221434 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I am still using my bottle of spray n grow from several years ago. Love it for my houseplants.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

rustynail11298234493.051664 PostsRegistered 12/14/2010East Central Illinois
On 2/18/2011 JMINNY said:

SO.......-I see that in carolyn's garden blog, that roberta's is coming out with a new product called "spray and flourish" this sunday....Hmmmm, sounds like a knock-off of the "spray n grow" to me.....sorry, but I think it's terrible to knock-off a very popular product that made QVC alot of money over the years...i will continue to buy spray n grow elsewhere....not interested in Robertas knock-off.....

ITA JMINNY, I saw a promo last night for "Spray and Flourish" and gosh, I hate to use this word that my nieces and nephews use because I am 52, but here goes....WHATEVER.

I will stick with Spray N Grow. I have had great results. Why fix it if it ain't broke.

JMINNY1298240097.932233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 2/20/2011 Rustynail said:
On 2/18/2011 JMINNY said:

ITA JMINNY, I saw a promo last night for "Spray and Flourish" and gosh, I hate to use this word that my nieces and nephews use because I am 52, but here goes....WHATEVER.

I will stick with Spray N Grow. I have had great results. Why fix it if it ain't broke.

I thought the same thing R.N....I was wondering why S & G would no longer be on QVC, when QVC was proud to announce during every presentation--over 750,000 bottles sold-and that it was QVC's best selling garden product ever....It didn't make sense...unless S & G chose to leave on their own....Now that I see they are on HSN, I know that's not the case...and when I saw Roberta's copied them, from the formulation, to the similar name, to the similar bottle--It made me so mad....I will NEVER, EVER order from them again...They disgust me.

Bird mama1298240220.3210140 PostsRegistered 3/24/2009Michigan

Can I use spray and grow on my evergreen bushes and pine trees?

~ bird ~

JMINNY1298241739.8672233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 2/20/2011 Bird mama said:

Can I use spray and grow on my evergreen bushes and pine trees?

Yes-you can use Spray n Grow on ANYTHING that grows-Flowers, trees, grass, houseplants, bulbs, seeds, etc....

DonnaQ1298242153.71472 PostsRegistered 7/23/2005

I guess I'll have to buy it from HSN.

JMINNY1298242288.0332233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.

By the way-Friday the 25th is their first presentation on HSN....or you can order directly from Spray N Grow's website, or from AMAZON.com....

Crafty Sus­an1298416341.5031 PostsRegistered 2/22/2011

It does appear that QVC has dumped spray-n-grow. I hope it gets into the stores, because I've had really bad luck with HSN. The new Roberta's product appears to be a little more expensive. Maybe there's a higher markup on it. There's a recession, ya know, and they have to make money.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

The difference between the Roberta's and the Spray-n-Grow, appears to be the addition of magnesium But, I have really hard water in Peoria, IL (meaning tons of calcium and magnesium) and I'm a little afraid my plants will OD on the magnesium. Anybody know?

JMINNY1298422704.1332233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 2/22/2011 Crafty Susan said:

It does appear that QVC has dumped spray-n-grow. I hope it gets into the stores, because I've had really bad luck with HSN. The new Roberta's product appears to be a little more expensive. Maybe there's a higher markup on it. There's a recession, ya know, and they have to make money.{#emotions_dlg.blush}

The difference between the Roberta's and the Spray-n-Grow, appears to be the addition of magnesium But, I have really hard water in Peoria, IL (meaning tons of calcium and magnesium) and I'm a little afraid my plants will OD on the magnesium. Anybody know?

why not just order it from AMAZON.COM or SPRAYNGROW.COM???

LifeLongGa­rdener1298504377.5671 PostsRegistered 2/23/2011

Yes, order directly from Spray-N-Grow in Texas. They're nice people, ship fast and have a great guarantee in case there's ever any problem.

Been using Spray-N-Grow for years on everything green in my yard with great results. I'll continue to buy directly from them.

It frosts me that some manufacturers think customers are so stupid that they'll confuse Spray-N-Grow with an unproven, faux product like Spray and Flourish and just buy anything. Robertas should know better.

JMINNY1298561685.8572233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 2/23/2011 LifeLongGardener said:

Yes, order directly from Spray-N-Grow in Texas. They're nice people, ship fast and have a great guarantee in case there's ever any problem.

Been using Spray-N-Grow for years on everything green in my yard with great results. I'll continue to buy directly from them.

It frosts me that some manufacturers think customers are so stupid that they'll confuse Spray-N-Grow with an unproven, faux product like Spray and Flourish and just buy anything. Robertas should know better.

I agree 100%....I will continue to buy Spray n Grow...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

frankentoes1298644579.8832 PostsRegistered 2/25/2011

I just bought my supply of SPRAY AND GROW for this season from HSN. If the Q stopped selling it for whatever reason, somebody should educate the host on QVC how to handle the NEW products and let Carolyn know its not nice to put down the previous product just to make her new product seem better. SHAME SHAME

smhr661298665797.812384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2010Laid Back and Mellow Small Town USA

I started using Miracle Grow Organic Choice food concentrate ( brown bottle ) and my outdoor flowers always double in size. Last summer, my impatients were the size of a small b ush. There is nothing like it..IMO.Wink

mature, dry, sensitive, makeup optional skin. keep it healthy with NIA24, MD Forte, physical sunscreen and Fancl cleanser.

JMINNY1298788604.1272233 PostsRegistered 7/6/2006N.Y.
On 2/25/2011 smhr66 said:

I started using Miracle Grow Organic Choice food concentrate ( brown bottle ) and my outdoor flowers always double in size. Last summer, my impatients were the size of a small b ush. There is nothing like it..IMO.Wink

That's a fertilizer...different product...

Page 1 of 2