Fashion Special Offers
47 Members and 12633 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

My review of the Target "wrinkle-free" sheets

Started 1278974521.613 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1279067321.153 by colson
replies

a couple days ago I posted about some wrinkle-free sheets that I found at Target well after washing them here's what I found....

not wrinkle-free...at least not like the Northern Nights wrinkle defense

I wouldn't say ironing is REALLY necessary, but in order to achieve 100% wrinkle-free and the silky feel you must iron

not as soft/silky feeling after washing as they feel in the original packing still nice though

still a really good value at only $20 for a twin set, but not for a master bedroom and probably not for a college kid who you know won't take the time or have the time to iron...hate to say it but invest the extra $$$ and get the NN wrinkle defense set instead

Page 1 of 1
ceekay1278976400.861399 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007

I purchased a set after reading about your find. I washed them today and will put them on the bed this coming weekend. Although not totally wrinkle free, they sure were a lot less wrinkled than regular cotton sheets coming out of the dryer. I think they feel just as soft but I guess sleeping on them will be the true test. Many of the top sheets for our bed have shrunk to the point where there is not too much to tuck in at the bottom. So, these will be the test for new sheets. We have one set of the NN Wrinkle Defense. They are wrinkle free but a little heavy for this time of year. I miss the old "percale" sheets. Lands End used to have the nicest easy care sheets. And so many sheets now feel so thick (guess that is the high thread count) and that is uncomfortable in hot weather. Guess I am low tech!

2muchshopp­ing1278977614.8374125 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006

I agree the Target sheets are alot more "wrinkle-free" than most regular sheets, but like I said not quite as much as the NN sets. I do think that the Target sheets are a great value though and I bet after ironing them they would be just perfect but I am just trying to get away from the whole ironing thing....must have the silky feel.

Marsha20031278989047.24248 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back and post about your experience. I guess I'll keep looking. There's no way I'm spending NN prices for a college-aged boy who will be living in a dorm. You know how that goes. Sheets get used as Halloween costumes, get stolen, get smushed in overloaded washers and dryers, etc.

Nightowlz1278991386.549217 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I bought a set of Canon brand 400 TC Egyptian Cotton sheets from Wal-Mart. They are soft & comfy like I like them. I had to find something. I bought the last Q TSV NN Egyptian Cotton sheets from & they started pilling after the first wash. I hate sleeping on those little balls. I wish Q would bring back the quality sheets they used to sell.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

colson1279067321.1537436 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast
On 7/12/2010 nightowlz said:

I bought a set of Canon brand 400 TC Egyptian Cotton sheets from Wal-Mart. They are soft & comfy like I like them. I had to find something. I bought the last Q TSV NN Egyptian Cotton sheets from & they started pilling after the first wash. I hate sleeping on those little balls. I wish Q would bring back the quality sheets they used to sell.

I am glad you said that - my first Northern Nights sheets were great and not too wrinkly at all. All of a sudden in the past year, the newer ones were ridiculous, and so I gave some away. I find that some of the 400 thread counts are better than the higher count ones, but the only way to get relatively easy care sheets are with Wrinkle Defense, and the 400 thread counts ones are virtually sold out and they are pushing the higher count versions. The Q is obsessed with the higher thread counts, which are not always better.

during the TSV, when pressed, they admitted they came out of the dryer wrinkled and gave the usual rap about putting them straight on the bed, etc.

I miss the older quality. I like smooth sateen and also note it is now difficult to find that option here as well. Sigh.

Page 1 of 1