Fall Fashion Days
142 Members and 13999 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Professor Amos

Started 1275540318.763 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1275671177.283 by onlineshopr
replies

Has anyone used this drain cleaner? It is a TS on HSN today. Does it really melt hair?

Thank you all in advance!

Page 1 of 1
MrsT1275581579.1672028 PostsRegistered 5/17/2008

I came here searching for that answer, too! I noticed that when reading the info for it, it gives information on how to use it for dishwashers...and then further down says it's not for use in dishwashers, garbage disposal, and toilets. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

SuzyBailey1275581712.2475348 PostsRegistered 6/17/2007NEW YORK, NEW YORK

I bought it about a year ago and used it in the kitchen and bathroom sinks. My husband who is a plumber was going to kill me!!!!!!!!!!!!! It did not work first thing and I'm husband said it will destroy the pipes with continued use. He made me dump the second bottle. LOL.

"This Ain't Tennessee, and He Ain't You". Janie Fricke

MrsT1275586959.122028 PostsRegistered 5/17/2008

Thanks for replying! You just saved me $24.95 plus s/h. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

kiddo1275590837.19310263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006

I bought it as the two 32-ounce bottles when it was a TS back in November. It was $24.95 plus s/h (and any tax).

This stuff is GREAT!!

The first time I used it.. I waited overnight before flushing it with the hot water. Happy dance!!! Happy dance!!! Happy dance!!!

Follow the instructions. Pour only 6 to 8 ounces (that would be one-fourth to one-third of the 32-ounce bottle) into the drain. Wait 15 to 30 minutes.. or, if a backed up clog, wait overnight. Then flush it out thoroughly with hot water.

Since the cause of the clogs I've been getting are due to hair buildup... and the thickness from shampoo and hair conditioner that builds up... I've been rationing myself with my two bottles, but even so, I've used up one whole bottle and am half-way through my second bottle. Not bad, though.. since I've been using this successfully since early November!!

It's STILL tons cheaper than what you buy in the store. Especially because I'd be using one bottle of the store-bought drainers.. which was the amount each bottle said to use. And the next day have to go out and buy another bottle to ultimately overcome that clog. At 10 bucks a pop.. that adds up!!

So, today I ordered the 64 ounce bottle. For the same $24.95 as the two 32-ounce bottles cost me back in November.

Today, as the TS it includes also a pack of 12 Total Drain Maintenance Tablets. You crush one tablet into water.. then pour that water into either your dishwasher, garbage disposal, or toilet to clear out any clogs there.

I don't have any clogs that I'd need to address for the dishwasher, disposal, or toilet. But, I figure, since these are MAINTENANCE tablets.. and so NOT meant to clear out a clog that you already have but to PREVENT the buildup that ultimately results in a clog.. well.. why not.

Last edited on 6/3/2010

Last edited on 6/3/2010

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

nolimitsho­pping1275591088.4874221 PostsRegistered 11/7/2006

Yep. This stuff is great! I ordered 2 of the TSV's. I, too, wait 15 minutes and then rinse with hot water. I don't know if it melts hair, as I don't have clear pipes. I do know it works, though....better than anything I have ever tried, including commercial products!

"Don't mistake my kindness for weakness. I am kind to everyone, but when someone is unkind to me, weak is not what you are going to remember about me"-Al Capone

kiddo1275591489.82310263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 6/3/2010 nolimitshopping said:

Yep. This stuff is great! I ordered 2 of the TSV's. I, too, wait 15 minutes and then rinse with hot water. I don't know if it melts hair, as I don't have clear pipes. I do know it works, though....better than anything I have ever tried, including commercial products!

Yes. This stuff DOES dissolve hair in the drain!!

I can deal with build up from shampoo lather and conditioner lather... and other "dirt" what showering with soap delivers via water into the drain...

it's the HAIR that has been my nemesis!

I'd been buying and using the 10-minute drain cleaner from Zep. Sure, it works. But you go through a LOT of it at once. And it really works on ONLY hair clogging up your drain. Zep does it better than the other brands.. even the brands that are foam.

Doesn't do a THING to get rid of the other "things" that clog drains.. like the aforementioned buildup of shampoo lather and condtioner lather.

Below my bath counter I had been having to keep Zep's 10-minute hair remover along with various brands and types (gel?!? foam?1?) hoping against hope that THIS time the drain would clear out completely!

Pretty crazy-making. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

So, you can see why I was SO relieved to have "discovered" Professor Amos' draining product!!! Happy dance!! Happy dance!!!! Happy dance!!!!!!!!

Last edited on 6/3/2010

Last edited on 6/3/2010

----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

kiddo1275591850.0110263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 6/3/2010 nolimitshopping said:

I ordered it on Auto Delivery.

Like the Q, you can reschedule the dates of Auto Delivery. I think...

And if once you try it, it doesn't do as promised.. send it back as "defective."

Even if it DOES do as promised.. and you still don't want to keep it on hand.. return it and you're out only the return cost. That channel always supplies a pre-paid return UPS (United Parcel Service) label for us to use.

Not a third-party postal service "slow boat" label like the one that the Q provides for returns.

In any case, at least you'd have used it for the same price as one "dose" of any other brand's drainer.

If you order it Auto Delivery, you can cancel the Auto Delivery at the same time as you return the first shipment.

No brainer, methinks.

Picture - classroom chat. fotosearch - search stock photos, pictures, images, and photo clipart

Last edited on 6/3/2010

Last edited on 6/3/2010

----

onlineshopr1275671177.2833714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005

scribo,

Thanks for the info you shared. I'm giving this stuff a shot. What do I have to lose except return shipping? I've spent more than this on local stuff with no results. My problem is some blockage down past the U trap under the kitchen sink. I think it's grease, food, etc. Not necessarily hair. Since I'm new to HSN, can you tell me if their return policy is like QVC's, meaning, I can use this product, and if not satisfied, return the mostly empty container? Thanks!

Page 1 of 1