The Joy of Christmas
111 Members and 9533 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Which is better Sealy or Serta?

Started 1338191198.64 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1338263694.867 by Nightowlz

I am trying to purchase a mattress set and cannot decide on QVC Serta or HSN Sealy set. What do you think?

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

Page 1 of 1
violann1338211299.24712519 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I think I sleep much better on a mattress with NO springs, and since both of these have springs, I'd definitely choose neither one.

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

Shelbelle1338212640.434445 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have had both and much prefer my Serta.

autumnsuns­et1338212834.0632392 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

We bought a memory foam topper from qvc 3 months ago we liked it so much went back to qvc and bought the pedicsolutions memory foam mattress I would never go back to a inner spring mattress again.

Hubby has serious back problems and has had more then one back surgery and he has scoliosis of the spine and since he is sleeping on a memory foam bed he is sleeping so much better. Some people don't like memory foam beds but for us it was the right choice.

lovetosing1338215862.8576123 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006

Thank you for your help. I am going with what is in my budget right now. The serta is on ezpay as well as the sealy on HSN. I just cannot tell which is a better deal. HSN mattress is on right now on tv. It looks like when they sit on it it sinks in and does not look as high up as the Serta on QVc. Just not sure, still thinking. Thanks for your help.

In the end everything will be okay, if it is not it is not the end - Jason Castro

conlt1338219370.041821 PostsRegistered 5/22/2007

I would not buy a mattress from TV. You need to try them out in the store before you buy. Many have financing options.

colliegirls1338219716.5776176 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

The Beautyrest if my favorite for sure. We have tried every mattress with springs, cannot feel my husband move at all with this one, and lots of support, love it firm. I would never consider foam or the air mattress, cannot imagine they would last as long as our spring mattresses have. Lots of our friends have had issues with the air mattresses with adjustible firmness.

lovetosing1338245074.856123 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006
On 5/28/2012 colliegirls said:

The Beautyrest if my favorite for sure. We have tried every mattress with springs, cannot feel my husband move at all with this one, and lots of support, love it firm. I would never consider foam or the air mattress, cannot imagine they would last as long as our spring mattresses have. Lots of our friends have had issues with the air mattresses with adjustible firmness.

Did you see the one on HSN do you think it is a good one? Thanks.

Sunshine K­ate1338245952.1612110 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I didn't see the presentations, but I've had a couple of Sealy mattresses and wasn't impressed. Ours broke down (indentations) rather quickly. I paid a lot for it and won't buy another one.

We have a Select Comfort now and it's the best bed we have ever had in our entire life.

Respectfully ~
Kate

Norriesgir­ls1338246550.263281 PostsRegistered 11/13/2007Wayne, New Jersey
I am in the market for a new mattress also. It is a hard decision now with all the newer options. I am afraid the memory foam might tend to be hot when added to your body heat. I have a Spring Air and it is about ten years old. I think I want one with a pillow top now. Not too soft or too hard. I think it is best to try them out at a store.

sueinsf1338247235.952351 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I have never owned a Serta Perfect Sleeper but I've had Simmons Beautyrest and Sealy Posturpedic and prefer the Sealy. I've had my Sealy set over 15 years and been happy with it. If I were to look for a new mattress I might also consider Stearns & Foster.

I would suggest checking the reviews. I know ShopNBC also sells Serta. But I agree, you might want to go to a local store and test some out.

shorty1011338248155.747223 PostsRegistered 3/15/2008Louisiana
(Sorry about the typos. I can't edit very well on my IPhone.) I had a high end Sealy pillow-top and it caved in very bad in less than a year. So my husband and I decided to get a Sterns and Foster nonpillow-top. We thought that at the higher price this would be a much better mattress. It turned out to be as bad as bad as the Sealy. After 1.5 years the Sterns and Foster had two large indentions and a hill in the middle of our mattress. My husband has a bad back and has not slept well in months. It has gotten to the point that I can't sleep well either. (I have always been able to sleep any where. We are going to buy a memory foam next. I hope it is better than what we have now. Last edited on 5/28/2012

Last edited on 5/28/2012

Brinklii1338248552.43710278 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Northern WI

Go to a mattress store and try them out. They let you lie on them (not for hours, LOL!), but you can feel free to test them. What feels right to one person just isn't right for another.

A tongue has no bones, yet it is strong enough to break a heart. Be careful with your words.

arrianna1338255159.5535072 PostsRegistered 10/20/2010

I like my Sealy postuerpedic cushion firm. (not pillowtop)

occasional­ rain1338255918.10716908 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

Whether it's a Sealy or Serta, both have several different styles. Some are firmer, some softer, some pillow top...

Find out which styles HSN and QVC are offering then go to the store and look them over, try them out. There is no way to tell from just seeing them on tv.

Personally, I love the Memory Foam but I like to sink into my bed. I used to have a feather bed I liked, not as well as the Memory, but it had to be fluffed up all the time.

colliegirls1338257278.726176 PostsRegistered 5/13/2012

Lovetosing: I did not see that HSN presentation, mine is not a pillowtop, just firm. I bought ours at a mattress shop. Its good to lay on it to try it out before buying. I would recommend store shopping before thinking about buying from the TV, isn't the shipping cost high? I have also had Sterns and Foster, used to love them but our Beautyrest does not move when my husband moves.( If the bed stopped his snoring, my sleep would be perfect!!)

lovetosing1338262251.6736123 PostsRegistered 4/3/2006

Lovetosing: I did not see that HSN presentation, mine is not a pillowtop, just firm. I bought ours at a mattress shop. Its good to lay on it to try it out before buying. I would recommend store shopping before thinking about buying from the TV, isn't the shipping cost high? I have also had Sterns and Foster, used to love them but our Beautyrest does not move when my husband moves.( If the bed stopped his snoring, my sleep would be perfect!!)

I decided I am going with a Serta from QVC. I read the reviews and all 19 reviews are 5 star and the price is good with ezpay. I decided to go with it :)

Thanks everyone for all your comments.

Nightowlz1338263694.8679554 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 5/28/2012 lovetosing said:

I decided I am going with a Serta from QVC. I read the reviews and all 19 reviews are 5 star and the price is good with ezpay. I decided to go with it :)

Thanks everyone for all your comments.

I saw the presentation for both & think you will like the Serta from Q better. The Sealy HSN was showing looked pretty flimsy & sank when he sat on it. I thought about the Serta from Q but could not find out the coil count. I have been reading about the 100% all Natural Latex foam not the synthetic latex made with chemicals. It is supposed to be cool & not hot like memory foam. If it's the 100% Natural Latex is supposed to spring back after sleeping on it. Not suppose to get the hammocking or dips like pillow-top mattress's do. Natural Latex repels dust mites, is naturally anti-microbial & hypoallergenic. I don't know if the Serta that's infused with gel really keeps cool or not without trying it. I know memory foam absorbs your bodies heat & keeps it making it warm to sleep on. Nice in the winter not so nice in the summer.

Last edited on 5/28/2012

Last edited on 5/28/2012

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Page 1 of 1