TSV(R) Preview
101 Members and 10186 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Anyone try "My Pillow"?

Started 1324485489.78 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1357421715.143 by nomless

Just caught the tail end of an infomercial this morning and I'm wondering if anyone here has bought them.

I'm a pillow fiend...buy new ones at least once a year...don't care for down or feather but I've used them and I just get tired of the fluffing. I've had cheap and expensive and cannot say that any have been perfect.

Any experience/opinions welcome.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 5
depglass1324496462.2324103 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I am using memory foam. You don't have to replace them once a year like the poly fill. Wish I could convert DH, his side of the bed is all lumpy and he won't let me switch. I don't know how he stands it.

Witchy Wom­an1324501499.0072698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

Is it possible this is a NEW infomercial and no one has seen it.....? Can't be!

They are pricey but I know I've spent a fortune on pillows in the past years....so....I'll bump this up hoping someone will respond.

rednpurple1324502694.12710496 PostsRegistered 6/19/2008NY

Never heard of "MY PILLOW". Is it on the AS SEEN ON TV website?

rednpurple1324502694.51710496 PostsRegistered 6/19/2008NY

Never heard of "MY PILLOW". Is it on the AS SEEN ON TV website?

Avelon1324503562.16199 PostsRegistered 4/4/2006

My DH has watched this infomercial many times and I have told him just wait til BB&B get them in and we can use a 20% coupon. BB&B always get the "as seen on TV" products in and have a whole section in the store set aside for the products.

GemNBeauty­Madness1324504261.84213 PostsRegistered 11/23/2008

I've purchased a small travel size pillow from My Pillow, Witchy Woman. Unfortunately, it doesn't suit my needs, and I do have neck issues (along with getting headaches by having too much pressure on the back of my head and neck). I have found it uncomfortable. I need a supportive pillow, but yet it still has to be soft. This feels lumpy to me.

It may just be that it is a smaller size and a larger size may have the weight distributed differently. Wish I could be more helpful, since it is not the full/regular size pillow, it may not feel the same. I don't want to steer you in the wrong direction. Hopefully someone will post that does have the full size.

Last edited on 12/21/2011

Last edited on 12/21/2011

Witchy Wom­an1324507353.382698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

They have a website and I assume it's been around for a bit. I rarely watch the infomercials, but happen to catch the end of this one this morning and...as luck would have it...3 weeks ago I had purchased yet another pair of pillows (cheap and from Sam's) that were already giving out....my last set was expensive, but a year later, they are breaking down....so, I'm in the market again...it's a never ending quest!

http://www.mypillow.com/

G&B Madness: Thanks for your feedback....it does help...these are pricey pillows...kingsize is $90....so I think I'll just wait a bit before purchasing.

mima1324670111.2714528 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS

I have this pillow and it is the best thing I have ever used! I am also a pillow hound. There is only one huge drawback. It stinks like chemicals for a couple weeks or more. I used it anyway and it didn't bother me. But if you put your nose near the pillow when it is new, it stinks.

I have the smaller one. I bought it about a month ago I think, and the smell is gone now. I got mine in the store. I see they are sold out online.

The smell is well worth getting past.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.as!?SKU=131354

Mima

ChxRule1326824156.381 PostsRegistered 1/17/2012

I bought one after seeing the infomercial and so far I like it! My back is not as tight in the morning, I hardly have any pain now but I've only slept on it for a few weeks. I get monthly migraines and when I got one last week it was less severe and went aware quicker - not sure if this is due to the pillow or if it was just less intense this month. It's comfortable and they say there is a money back guarantee so if I need to I can send it back.

maggiemay1326834234.19784 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

This weekend I caught the tail end of a radio interview with the founder of My Pillow. I believe that if you enter "Laura" or "Facebook" into the promo code box on their website, you get a 20% or 25% discount.

Last edited on 1/17/2012

Last edited on 1/17/2012

Hope5161326851214.7772195 PostsRegistered 6/29/2009Virginia

After I saw this thread, I went to the My Pillow website tonight and ordered one. The order page had a place to enter a promo code so I called the customer service number and asked for a code. They told me to use "mypillow" and it worked!!! I think it was 20% off. Hope I like it.

Last edited on 1/17/2012

Last edited on 1/17/2012

Witchy Wom­an1327176372.8272698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005
On 1/17/2012 Hope516 said:

After I saw this thread, I went to the My Pillow website tonight and ordered one. The order page had a place to enter a promo code so I called the customer service number and asked for a code. They told me to use "mypillow" and it worked!!! I think it was 20% off. Hope I like it.

Last edited on 1/17/2012

Thanks for posting this....I finally ordered two king-size and that code helped me quite a bit....

Two pillows I picked up at Sam's not more than a month ago are already showing sighs of going flat....So, I decided I would try these....

Like you, I hope I like them. Please post back after yours arrives....

Thanks.

babs1327178759.7631006 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

I love my My Pillow! I ordered the full-size 'green' level of support. Did not go with the Ladies Version; ordered by their clothes-size chart. Looking at that, I saw that the levels of support went up according to size. That made sense to me; broader shoulders/more support. With neck & spine issues, that's important.

I've used Sobakawas, down, memory foam, Tony Little's. This one beats all! It arrived flat as a pancake, & the instructions said to throw it in a warm dryer for 10-15 minutes. Did that, & I couldn't believe the difference! It fluffed up beautifully! It doesn't get hot like others, the support is wonderful; I think it's a great pillow. Soft & fluffy, yet firm support. In my opinion, well worth the money.

Hope you enjoy as I do!

babs :-)

lollypoppe1327179027.28717 PostsRegistered 1/19/2012
On 12/21/2011 Witchy Woman said:

Is it possible this is a NEW infomercial and no one has seen it.....? Can't be!

They are pricey but I know I've spent a fortune on pillows in the past years....so....I'll bump this up hoping someone will respond.

he really is everywhere! I've seen the commercial a lot, and didn't care for it the first time or so

he's also on the radio late at night, and live on wabc-am on Sunday afternoons some times

he has an interesting story, and i do want to try the pillow

he's also very charitable to the troops, i think

lollypoppe1327179234.40717 PostsRegistered 1/19/2012

my favorite so far has been tony little's from hsn

babs1327196343.181006 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

lollypoppe ~ the Tony Little's was fine; I've enjoyed mine. However, though it can be washed, he says to air-dry. That's simply not practical here in the NE, & my thoughts are that it would take forever to dry. The instructions for the My Pillow say to 'machine wash using cold or warm water on the regular cycle (not delicate). Use any detergent (about half). It is best to put two pillows in the washer to balance the load. For one pillow, you can balance the load with 3-4 bath towels. No fabric softener. Double spin cycle for faster drying. Tumble dry on MED/HIGH HEAT. Don't use any types of dryer balls or fabric softeners. Expect the drying cycle to take approximately 1 hour, and don't be concerned about over drying.'

With my My Pillow, I received a card for $30 off another purchase of $100 or more (to use by April 30) from their site.

Hope & Witchy Woman ~ I'll be looking forward to your reviews! They're very well-made *&* are made in the USA!

babs :-)

Witchy Wom­an1327250584.092698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

My order went in yesterday and I'm really hoping I like them.....as I mentioned, I repurchase pillows often because I'm something of a clean freak and.....they all seem to lose their poof....and I've had just about ever kind of pillow you can imagine.

I recycle the old ones to my husband's family for the dogs......However, they always puzzle why I want to give perfectly good pillows to the dog beds and often, end up using them for themselves! I do insist they put them in the dog beds....but after I leave the house, who knows.{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Yikes....

violann1328106432.63712723 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I'm not too sure how I should order size for the regular pillow, but I really love the body pillow, especially if it stays as plump as the advertising says it does. Last edited on 2/1/2012

Last edited on 2/1/2012

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

onlineshopr1328109007.53714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005
On 1/21/2012 babs said:

I love my My Pillow! I ordered the full-size 'green' level of support. Did not go with the Ladies Version; ordered by their clothes-size chart. Looking at that, I saw that the levels of support went up according to size. That made sense to me; broader shoulders/more support. With neck & spine issues, that's important...

babs, what type of pillow did you sleep most comfortably on prior to getting your My Pillow? I ask because you ordered "up" from white (ladies) whereas I was thinking I would need to order "down" a level to yellow. Not because I'm petite or small, but because I prefer down pillows and small flat pillows--can't stand firm or large pillows--will wake up with a sore neck! The website mentions that those accustomed to down and feather pillows must order down a level from what level the chart recommends. I'm 5'6", and even at my slimmest, I never wear below a medium top, and large through the shoulders is the most comfortable.

cocowillie, Will you please address the above? I'd also like to know what happens to the pillows that are returned by customers? The biggest drawback to ordering pillows is not knowing where they've been, IMHO.

fbm2lsm1328118464.2672599 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010

I saw these in Carlotte NC this fall at a Christmas show and have regretted not buying the king size matress topper. Our matress is good but we both suffer preassure point pain from time to time but I try not to be an impulsive shopper but in this case I wish that I had given in to impulse!

Rember if You are going to be dumb You had better be tough

Witchy Wom­an1328119867.222698 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

Mine has arrived, but have not had time to get it on my bed! The weather has been very warm here the last few days and I've just been doing other things.

As soon as I try it out, I'll post back....{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

NiteStar1328132415.642312 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

depglass.........I have to side with your hubby......I HATE memory foam pillows! Love the mattress toppers, but hate the pillows! I purchased six pillows about 7 years ago from an on-line site this is no more. But what I purchased is the same pillows I used back in the early 60s when I was small........they are foam rubber pillows. NOT memory foam...but foam rubber. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!

kathleenb1328143223.48239 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
We have purchased 15 of these pillows, I bought the first 2 at the Minnesota State Fair the first year they were there. I love them! I cannot tell the difference between the first one I bought, and the last-- they do not flatten out. I love that they are made in USA, are washable. They are pricey, but are so much better than those down pancakes some places sell for much more. Plus, there are discount codes of 20-25% in the paper all the time.

kathleenb1328143330.55239 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008
Forgot to say, they do not smell at all, but they can and should be washed. Also, no pillow cover recommended.

mima1328148223.7314528 PostsRegistered 10/19/2004KS
On 1/31/2012 cocowillie said:

As a sales rep for My Pillow I may sound a little biased, but this is the finest product of its kind. Our infomercial began airing early October, but My Pillow has been sold at trade shows nationwide since 2004. It is NOT available in any retail stores, so the post commenting on the smell with a link to Bed, Bath and Beyond was not the Original My Pillow, which is manufactured in Minnesota and is 100% US made. It is backed with a 10 year warranty of any defects, including going flat. It is machine washable and dryable and comes with 60 day money back guarantee if you do not it to your liking. For more info visit us at www.mypillow.com. Give us a try. We will not disappoint. If you wish to see pillows, check our "Places to Buy" link. We do 400 - 500 trade shows annually.

I'm so sorry, I didn't mean it was the SAME as the one it was posted about. I didn't realize it sounded like that until I re-read my post.

I meant I have "this" pillow, meaning the one I was linking to.

The one I posted about is not even touting that it is the same as "my pillow".

It was a total misunderstanding.

I just wanted to let people know about this pillow (that I bought) that it is wonderful too if you are looking for a great pillow locally.

I don't know why this is writing in italics???

BTW, the smell did go out of the pillow I purchased.

I am a pillow hound and after reading these posts I'd love to try "my pillow" even though I love the one I bought.

You are totally right that the one I bought is not the same. Thank you.

Last edited on 2/1/2012

Last edited on 2/1/2012

Mima

Page 1 of 5