Guaranteed Delivery
110 Members and 19076 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

The Country House Catalog - Cute - but Watch Prices!

Started 1318076187.49 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1318526170.15 by SPURT
replies

Looking through my The Country House catalog, I couldn't believe these price differences. If I decide to order from them, I'll shop around first! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Country House Snowman w/Candy Cane: $34.99

Terry's Village Snowman w/Candy Cane: $15.00

Country House Snowman w/Children: $39.99

Valerie's 3-pc (Get all 3!) Frosted Children Snow Scenes $39.76- same snowman as above

Page 1 of 1
SPURT1318087525.9837411 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009

I love Country House catalogs and will purchase the more unique things from them but I always explore other online shops too. It was funny because my sister saw a clock that she wanted for her birthday in Country House, it was an iron clock with a bird sitting on top, very cute. Country House was sold out but I found it on Ebay, exact same clock for cheaper price even shipping was cheaper.

I do love Terry's Village good prices, good quality and excellent customer service. I have quite a few things and they still look like new have held up well.

Be careful if you shop at Collections Etc. their stuff is very cheap looking in person, not the same as it it pictured online or in their catalog, and not the same quality as Terry's Village.

Last edited on 10/8/2011

Last edited on 10/8/2011

GO SPURS GO! SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

carol-lamb1318100389.037538 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Wow - those are some price differences. I have shopped at the Country House several times over the years. I will check around before I order again.

Texas Barb­ie1318171213.7333523 PostsRegistered 12/7/2006Spring, Texas

I simply love The Country House items. That said, the prices make me crazy! I know which clock with bird that you are speaking of. It is in my Wish List. They are unyielding in their prices--few sales, no coupons and you either pay their price or just move on. It upsets me sometimes but that is their prerogative. I have frequently found their items elsewhere for $20-30 less. Happy day!

sarpy1318173453.1671614 PostsRegistered 6/29/2006

Terry's Village is in Omaha where I live. They don't have a B&M Store, but their quality is very good. I have ordered from them before.

SPURT1318526170.127411 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009
On 10/9/2011 Texas Barbie said:

I simply love The Country House items. That said, the prices make me crazy! I know which clock with bird that you are speaking of. It is in my Wish List. They are unyielding in their prices--few sales, no coupons and you either pay their price or just move on. It upsets me sometimes but that is their prerogative. I have frequently found their items elsewhere for $20-30 less. Happy day!

Hi Texas Barbie,

You make a good point, yep no coupons or discounts for returning customers, you wonder how they stay in business, guess because their poducts were so unique, but other companies are coming on board with similar items now so hopefully in the future because of the competition maybe Country House will offer more customer friendly pricing. Bayberry Cove has similar type vintage seasonal/holiday items, some reasonable some pricey.

My sis has that clock on her fireplace mantel and I got her the metal birds that matched the clock she added some greenery and a couple other items, looks so nice. Try Ebay for the clock, but one amusing thing on Ebay, while someone offered it for less than the Country House price, someone else had the exact same clock and tried to pass it off as an "antique" and was offering it at triple the price.

GO SPURS GO! SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

Page 1 of 1