Guaranteed Delivery
95 Members and 17440 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Haven't Decorated for Fall Yet

Started 1317844998.293 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1318162716.413 by SweetPea8

I love decorating for fall and look forward to it as much if not more than Christmas decorating. I love the cooler weather when we can open up the house. The smells and colors of fall are my favorite all year long. But, I haven't decorated one drop. I did put up a fall decoration on my front door. My mom got sick in late August and was in the hospital over a week. I've been taking her to Doctor's visits, sometimes two a week. Going to the pharmacy for her. She's not driving yet so I take her to the grocery store and to lunch when she wants. I've been helping my mom and dad by doing their laundry and cooking two or three times a week for them. I'm a stay at home mom and my son is in school so I'm able to help out. My parents are such good people and have always done so much for me. I don't mind at all helping them now. My husband had surgery last week and is still not doing well from that. My son came home from school one day this week with two hurt fingers where another boy had closed a cabinet door on them. They weren't broken, just red and sore. My oldest dog is 17 1/2 and has cancer. He's too old for treatment and right now is getting around and eating well. It just lays heavy in my mind as well. I'm tired all of the time and my house is a wreck. I figure by the time I get everything in order fall will be gone and here will be Christmas.

I'm sorry for my pity party but I just needed to vent. Thank you for reading.

Page 1 of 1
fbm2lsm1317845539.9372599 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010

Sounds like your plate is full! I have been in a similar situation, and what got me though was lots of prayer, I certainly could not bear those burdens alone. Also my friends and a little red wine helped too{#emotions_dlg.blushing}. I will pray that God will keep you in the palm of his hand. I love fall too. If possible invite a friend over and let her help you, or just forget about decorating this year, it will be time for Christmas decorations before you know it! Don't forget to take care of yourself.

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Rember if You are going to be dumb You had better be tough

FastDogWal­ker21317845912.3271686 PostsRegistered 1/18/2007

Sorry to hear about all of the "stuff" going on in your life right now. Try to take care of yourself, too, as you are taking care of your family! Hope things lighten up a bit for you soon.

JusMe1317849057.972102 PostsRegistered 3/26/2008~* oHIo *~

You are doing a wonderful thing by caring so well for your loved ones... they are blessed to have you. Stay strong. And remember, if you need to vent some more- we're here for ya!

Hope everybody gets well soon!!

Hoovermom1317851290.1572520 PostsRegistered 7/12/2007

Blessings to you ((((Duke Mom)))). Sometimes life takes over and things that we love to do and are accustomed to doing get pushed to the back of the line. You are really doing the most important thing by taking such good care of your parents, husband, son and dog. Maybe you could decorate one area of your home with your decorations and let the rest go. Take care of yourself also during this trying time. I know they appreciate you so much.

tatz1317857270.5176626 PostsRegistered 11/2/2010.....Kentucky

Dear DukeMom......you are a very special lady, honey don't give the decorating a second thought, I am certain you are like a lot of us women, we like our house so, so......and then the Holidays come along and we think we must decorate, and then we have to remove and put away the decor., a lot of work invovled but not necessary to do.....come here any time you need to vent, or say hello, we are here for you dear....love tatz

......formerly k dash
......not a tatz artist
......no tatz on me

Witchy Wom­an1317861267.822785 PostsRegistered 12/17/2005

As someone who has spent time caring for my parents I know how overwhelming it can become....sometimes we just long for something ordinary like decorating for the seasons....we want to surround ourself with the wonderful serenity of our favorite things....

You have a lot going on.....and I cannot imagine dealing with all of those things at once....but someone we find a way to manage.....All your favorite things will be there again when you have time.....

Take care of yourself in all of this too....and think of how much your parents appreciate what you are able to do....that is what you will remember...not that you didn't get your decorations up.....

Try to give yourself a little me time if you can....

Buck-i-Nana1317861573.628241 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio

No need to apologize for venting! Sometimes just being able to spill it in a place like this where nobody's feeling can get hurt is the best medicine. You've got a lot on your plate, and I can only imagine how tired you must get. Do take a little time for yourself every day and make sure you eat well and perhaps add some stress formula vitamins to your regimen.

ETA - one of the great things about fall is that you can be patient and mother nature will do some perfect decorating for you! Those sites and smells should be able to put a smile on your face.

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Last edited on 10/5/2011

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

rosehill1317870555.5333422 PostsRegistered 10/30/2007

{{Duke Mom}} You are one of the very sweetest posters here. Life's throwing some stuff at you for sure, right now. I hope all of your family members get well and start feeling better soon. Your house can wait. You must be exhausted. Don't feel bad. My house was decorated for fall the first week of Sept. last year. I have done nothing yet this year, so don't be so hard on yourself. When things beyond our control start happening, we do the best we can do. There are things going on in my life that I don't like, either, and I am doing the best I can do. Decorating for the moment, has taken a back seat, and that's okay.

I'm sorry about your doggie having cancer. Our pets are most certainly members of our families, and seeing them sick is heartbreaking. Please check back in with us and let us know how you are doing. I don't post as much as I used to, either. But I do check in now and then. Take care, dear Duke Mom.

Just Plain­ Crazy1317872488.4035401 PostsRegistered 7/22/2009

DukeMom,

My thoughts are with you for all you are dealing with at this time. I agree with the others, don't worry about the decorating. You need to take care of yourself. You have been dealt a lot all at once and hopefully everyone will start feeling better soon. Just take care of yourself so you can be there for all that need you. You are such a loving caring person and I am sure so very appreciated for what you do each and every day. Hugs.

Rosehill,

I have missed seeing you on the boards lately. I don't get on as much as I use to but so enjoyed reading about you and your little granddaughter when I did get on. You take care of yourself also and I hope that all that is going on in your life turns around and you can get back to normal too. Hugs to you.

JPC

onlineshopr1317912060.4833714 PostsRegistered 6/12/2005

duke mom, you've really been having it rough lately. I hope things improve for you soon. Maybe you could put just a couple of your favorite Fall decorations out, just for you! Put something on or near the door you use most going to and from all those errands. Just something simple. Forget the wrecked house. Hang in there!

stevieb1317914057.1331832 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

Easier said than done, it sounds like, but if there's anyway possible for you to tuck away a half day just for you, to try to relax and put up the decorations you so enjoy, it might make the other, truly significant challenges, a bit easier to manage. Maybe you can 'steal' a weekday until early afternoon while your son is at school, to do just that and then focus upon your obligations later in the day.

duke mom1317961557.931442 PostsRegistered 7/12/2009

My Mom's been put back in the Hospital. We went for a Doctor's appointment this morning and he didn't like what he saw, sent us to the Emergency Room, and they found somethings that needed to be attended to. She'll be there for a couple of days.

Thank you all so very much for your kind words and thoughts.

JoElla1317999792.85310552 PostsRegistered 8/6/2006Texas

Oh honey you have sooooo very much on your plate right now. Please remember, put your oxygen mask on first okay. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

SPURT1318000585.447417 PostsRegistered 1/5/2009

DukeMom

God Bless You and give you strength....I can empathize and sympathize sometimes it seems that everything is happening at once. My mom was in and out of the hospital so much I thought the hospital would start charging me rent.....and my 21 year old cat's health was failing and we love our pets they are also part of our family. You are not alone and it's good to vent.

My advice is please remember to take care of yourself too.

I will keep you and your family and your dog in my prayers.

GO SPURS GO! SAN ANTONIO SPURS 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to.

AuntG1318119545.8076618 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

When I read your post, I got to thinking about a book I just read by the florist at the WH. She was so exhausted from Thanksgiving to Christmas that she couldn't pull together anything for her family. I'd skip the decorating this fall and concentrate on my own well-being.

SweetPea81318162716.383528 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

God Bless you and all you are doing! It sounds like you have not a minute to yourself, let alone to decorate. Positive thoughts and prayers to you and yours. Take care! Smile

May God grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you.

Page 1 of 1