TSV(R) Preview
51 Members and 14065 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

ELECTRIC FIREPLACES

Started 1316699429.063 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1316739840.92 by annabellethecat
replies

On the QVC homepage is a link to all the different heaters and fireplaces QVC has in stock - the duraflame one that looks like a woodburning stove that we own is there - they have gone up quite a bit in price from when we bought ours years ago - but for anyone who doesn't have a real fireplace or who could use a little help for their heat pump on a very cold morning these are a lovely thing to buy. We even took ours to florida and last winter on some mornings when we had gotten cold enough to have a frost we did use the heater feature - other wise we just put the "flame" on and it was pretty to watch - it was right next to our Christmas tree as well.

Page 1 of 1
stevieb1316706547.79725306 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I've had an electric stove and then fireplace for several years and I too love them. Depending on the model you get, it isn't a great resource for heat in a larger space, but does help. And, if you don't have a fireplace, although the 'look' isn't extremely convincing, again depending on the one you choose, it is a nice approximation. Those that are purchasing make sure of what you're buying though. There are those that actually burn some sort of gel fuel and those that are purely electric. I didn't want to have to deal with fuel, so opted for the electric models.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice and I should have my head examined...

DogMom1316738388.57478 PostsRegistered 4/21/2010

I have an electric fireplace in my office at work. LOVE it! I have had it almost 4 years now. All my co-workers love it too. I just love the ambiance of it - especially at work!

annabellet­hecat1316739840.81711365 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
I have a huge real fireplace in my rec room. This is a big house where my late husband and I raised 3daughters. Now I live here with Jack, the fearless cat! I bought a huge electric fireplace where I spend most of my time now, the family room. I haven't made a real fire since my husband died, 7 years ago. I bought my fireplace at Lowes Home Appliance. They are a large chain. It looks exactly like a beautiful real fireplace. Iy can blow out tremendous heat. It can have a flame or no flame. It isu wonderful, and way larger than any QVC or HSN sells. It costs around $500 - $600. It is well worth it.

Page 1 of 1