Labor Day Weekend Clearance
43 Members and 8996 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

ELECTRIC FIREPLACES

Started 1316699429.063 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1316739840.92 by annabellethecat
replies

On the QVC homepage is a link to all the different heaters and fireplaces QVC has in stock - the duraflame one that looks like a woodburning stove that we own is there - they have gone up quite a bit in price from when we bought ours years ago - but for anyone who doesn't have a real fireplace or who could use a little help for their heat pump on a very cold morning these are a lovely thing to buy. We even took ours to florida and last winter on some mornings when we had gotten cold enough to have a frost we did use the heater feature - other wise we just put the "flame" on and it was pretty to watch - it was right next to our Christmas tree as well.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

Page 1 of 1
stevieb1316706547.79728216 PostsRegistered 11/4/2007

I've had an electric stove and then fireplace for several years and I too love them. Depending on the model you get, it isn't a great resource for heat in a larger space, but does help. And, if you don't have a fireplace, although the 'look' isn't extremely convincing, again depending on the one you choose, it is a nice approximation. Those that are purchasing make sure of what you're buying though. There are those that actually burn some sort of gel fuel and those that are purely electric. I didn't want to have to deal with fuel, so opted for the electric models.

DogMom1316738388.57485 PostsRegistered 4/21/2010

I have an electric fireplace in my office at work. LOVE it! I have had it almost 4 years now. All my co-workers love it too. I just love the ambiance of it - especially at work!

annabellet­hecat1316739840.81713695 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
I have a huge real fireplace in my rec room. This is a big house where my late husband and I raised 3daughters. Now I live here with Jack, the fearless cat! I bought a huge electric fireplace where I spend most of my time now, the family room. I haven't made a real fire since my husband died, 7 years ago. I bought my fireplace at Lowes Home Appliance. They are a large chain. It looks exactly like a beautiful real fireplace. Iy can blow out tremendous heat. It can have a flame or no flame. It isu wonderful, and way larger than any QVC or HSN sells. It costs around $500 - $600. It is well worth it.

Page 1 of 1