New Holiday Decor
65 Members and 16627 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Slatkin Gingerbread House

Started 1315509649.163 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1316475148.46 by carol-lamb

Does anyone know whether there will be another Slatkin Gingerbread House on the upcoming Christmas shows?

I remember that he had a TSV last year and it sold out in a heartbeat.

Page 1 of 1
julidc1315518297.15133 PostsRegistered 9/11/2005

Sorry I have no idea if there's going to be another Slatkin Gingerbread House this year, though it'd be great to get one in another bldg shape. I missed out on the TSV version, but have the one with the multi colored "gumdrops" that was sold through Bath & Body Works. It displays nicely with my ceramic musical Hallmark Gingerbread cottage from a few years ago. :)

FallingSnow1315568037.663383 PostsRegistered 6/28/2008

Is this the Gingerbread House you are talking about?

or this one?

I got both of these. I know one of them came out on Sept 25th one year and Slatkin just so happens to have another show on Sept 25th of this year so maybe he will bring us another Gingerbread House. I know one of his Holiday Candles this year is Gingerbread so I am sure we must have some GB items coming from him whether it be from QVC or BBW.

OhioPamster1315569476.6234 PostsRegistered 9/9/2011
<h5>I seen them at the QVC outlet in Lancaster, PA the last week in July. They were 50% off. Maybe Slakin is making a new gingerbread house for this year.</h5>

turquoise ­blue1315582249.597214 PostsRegistered 1/14/2007

I hope they offer a new gingerbread house this year. I have both of the old ones and really like them!

kittykatkay1315609462.6223127 PostsRegistered 2/24/2011

I just got the one story gingerbread house and the polar bear with TWO - 14.5 oz. candles that came with each figurine around the first of July on clearance sale for around $27.00. They sold out fast when he brought them on the July 25 (CIJ) show and I'm glad I got mine early. I'm curious to see what he brings on September 25 also.

I love to laugh and dance......

julidc1315620692.077133 PostsRegistered 9/11/2005

Hi Fallingsnow,

I have the second GB house you've pictured, but with multi-colored gumdrops, instead of the red and green on the TSV version. I'd love to get the first house you pictured with the snowman at the corner too! Very cute! Can't wait to see if predictions about a new Slatkin GB house come true because I love the look and scent of gingerbread anything, that goes for my fav body scrub of all time too...Philosophy's Gingerbread Man! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

FallingSnow1315724757.95383 PostsRegistered 6/28/2008

julidc, I have been wanting to try that Philosphy Gingerbread Man for years but a lot of people say it smells like Ginger Ale which is not really what I am looking for. I wish I had gotten the one with multi-color gumdrops as well. The one with the snowman is a nice and large piece and when you turn it around it looks exactly the same except instead of a snowman there is a Christmas Tree. I am a bit Gingerbread obsessed lol

beewee1315742339.123270 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008

Fallingsnow I am sure you will love the smell of the Gingerbread man line. It is addictive. In the past few years there was a kit that included a tube of gingerbread lip gloss and it was NOT a good thing. Liked the color but not the taste. It went into the trash. I would not want to shower with that smell. But the Gingerbreadman is so wonderfull. They keep hinting on a body spritz and loation but have yet to see them. I really think you should give it a try..

Marsha20031315785038.6474571 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007
On 9/11/2011 FallingSnow said:

julidc, I have been wanting to try that Philosphy Gingerbread Man for years but a lot of people say it smells like Ginger Ale which is not really what I am looking for. I wish I had gotten the one with multi-color gumdrops as well. The one with the snowman is a nice and large piece and when you turn it around it looks exactly the same except instead of a snowman there is a Christmas Tree. I am a bit Gingerbread obsessed lol

If you expect Philosophy Gingerbread Man to smell like gingerbread with its notes of cinnamon and vanilla, you will be disappointed. It definitely smells more like ginger ale or fresh-cut ginger. I made that mistake.

julidc1315810360.453133 PostsRegistered 9/11/2005

Hi Fallingsnow,

I hear ya...LOL! :) I think I'm a bit gingerbread obsessed too. I love the look of gingerbread houses but don't like the idea of just baking and decorating them for display, rather than eating. But I my Slatkin house because it presents no diet danger, and I don't have to worry about what to do with a post-season stale structure. LOL! Now that I know there's another type, I'll need to keep an eye on eBay for it. ;)

Also Beewee and Marsha are both correct, the smell of the Gingerbread Man body scrub is more like fresh ginger, rather than gingerbread. But I swear it is the best thing ever for exfoliating rough, dry skin! I also love how invigorated I feel after using it. I haven't tried anything else in the Gingerbread Man line, but just used WEN for the first time and have fallen for the new seasonal Pumpkin scent. To me, it smells just like McCormick's Pumpkin Pie Spice, more gingery than pumpkin.

teathyme1315944002.8971107 PostsRegistered 2/28/2009
On 9/9/2011 FallingSnow said:

Is this the Gingerbread House you are talking about?

or this one?

I got both of these. I know one of them came out on Sept 25th one year and Slatkin just so happens to have another show on Sept 25th of this year so maybe he will bring us another Gingerbread House. I know one of his Holiday Candles this year is Gingerbread so I am sure we must have some GB items coming from him whether it be from QVC or BBW.

Yes, Falling Snow, it was the top one, and I missed it :-( But I did get the one on the bottom and it's really sweet. I hope he has another on the 25th, and there's always "the Bay."

usffan1315953821.25586 PostsRegistered 3/22/2009

Falling Snow The top house is also the one I want. I purchased Valerie's Peppermint trees to go with gingerbread house like the one you have on the bottom.

Karen m1316220509.271 PostsRegistered 9/16/2011

I must have bought a dozen of the second houses last year at the Christmas in July show! They were a gift to many and I didn't keep enough for myself! I've already received requests from friends and family that I give them another house candle from Slatkin this year as my gift. I called QVC and they told me they had no plans to make more, but that they'd let the powers that be know we really would love more gingerbread candle houses from Slatkin. I've looked everywhere on the net and on eBay without any success. I've got my dialing finger ready for the 25th!

carol-lamb1316475148.323538 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I wanted one of the two story Gingerbread houses last year, but I missed the presentation. I went on wait list right away and sadly, QVC canceled the wait list orders right before Christmas. :(

Page 1 of 1