New Holiday Decor
73 Members and 16708 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

RBS Window

Started 1307648726.553 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1307656618.08 by balogna
replies

Anyone heard of this brand before? I need replacement for the living room window, the construction company use RBS windows. I heard of Pella, Anderson, America craftsman, but never heard of RBS. TIA.

Page 1 of 1
gardenman1307653697.1917087 PostsRegistered 6/30/2005Southern New Jersey

RBS windows are made by Richards Buidling Supply and they're used throughout the midwest. I suspect they're perfectly good windows. I wouldn't pay a premium for them, but they're probably okay windows. If your builder insists on using RBS windows, then it's likely he's getting a kickback from the supplier. Chances are he'll be given an invoice to present to you showing one price, but he'll then get a refund/kickback from RBS for using their windows. It's not an uncommon practice for a supplier to reimburse a contractor for using products from them.

Fly! Eagles! Fly!

balogna1307656618.081207 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Michigan
On 6/9/2011 gardenman said:

RBS windows are made by Richards Buidling Supply and they're used throughout the midwest. I suspect they're perfectly good windows. I wouldn't pay a premium for them, but they're probably okay windows. If your builder insists on using RBS windows, then it's likely he's getting a kickback from the supplier. Chances are he'll be given an invoice to present to you showing one price, but he'll then get a refund/kickback from RBS for using their windows. It's not an uncommon practice for a supplier to reimburse a contractor for using products from them.

Thanks for the reply. I have another builder recommended Polar Seal, and he is able to convert the picture window to two double hung windows, the price is little bit higher that the other one.

Page 1 of 1