TSV(R) Preview
92 Members and 13334 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Ohhhhhh so soft and silky teddy bear!

Started 1291923650.663 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1292013247.92 by NiteStar

I had purchased two of Dennis Basso's faux fur teddy bears (one in camel and one in chocolate) for myself. They came yesterday and they weren't 5 minutes out of the box and I knew I had to have them in every color! So this morning I ordered the grey, plum and black one for me and then ordered 4 more on top of that (one for each of my 4 grandchildren). This is the softest, silkiest, most decadent faux fur I have ever felt. I had been eyeing these bears since last year when they were first presented and this year I decided I had to order a couple and see for myself if the 79 5-star reviews were warranted. To me....this deserves 10 stars! So glad I ordered all my others early early this morning since now there are only 2 colors left. For reference, the item number is H19441.

Page 1 of 1
Krimpette1291924201.29710170 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Got them last year. Couldn't resist ordering every color! My original intent was to give three of them to my nephew's little triplets. Well, I didn't get to see them last year (we live about 250 miles away from each other), so they now adorn my living room and bedroom. I'm sure I'll see the triplets sometime next year. However, the mood just might have passed for giving away these darling teddy bears!!!!{#emotions_dlg.blush}

ETA: By the way - I used the cover of one of them as a throw pillow cover! Fits perfectly!!!!! And looks lovely!

Last edited on 12/9/2010

Last edited on 12/9/2010

NiteStar1291925619.3872303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

funtoscrap.........that sounds like a wonderful idea about the cover cause it's just as soft as the bear!! What size pillow did you use? Thanks! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

kiddo1291925728.5910263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006

I ordered this last December. Mine came with incomplete stitching in a couple of places.

The incomplete stitching was at least 3 inches on each side of the bear.

Back - it went. Defective.

So, check the seams on your bears.

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

NiteStar1291926435.7932303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

scribo....the stitching on the two bears I rec'd. yesterday is fine, but I'll be sure and check the others when they come. But if they do for some reason need stitching.....there's no way I'm sending them back since they are down to only two colors remaining! LOL I'll just stitch them up myself! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Krimpette1291926639.6910170 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

NiteStar: I "swiped" the pillow form from another covered pillow that I had. I believe the size is standard - something like 12 x 12 or 13 x 13. The bear cover fits perfectly and even has a velcro strip at the open end. Yummy soft!!!!!!!

NiteStar1291928025.7172303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

Thanks funtoscrap! I'll have to check out the size of my throw pillows on the sofa when I get home. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Krimpette1291928239.09710170 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

You're very welcome!{#emotions_dlg.smile}

kiddo1291928466.49710263 PostsRegistered 12/6/2006
On 12/9/2010 NiteStar said:

scribo....the stitching on the two bears I rec'd. yesterday is fine, but I'll be sure and check the others when they come. But if they do for some reason need stitching.....there's no way I'm sending them back since they are down to only two colors remaining! LOL I'll just stitch them up myself! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Glad you checked, Nite Star.

I'd have tried to stich those spots of missed stitching on the bear that I had.

Except -- first and foremost -- I barely even passed 8th Grade Sewing class which I, along with every other girl in our county's public school district, was required to pass in order to pass the 8th grade on to the 9th grade. I'm not kidding. I could NOT get the two required darts (the ones on the front of the chest) small enough to fit my own perfectly flat front.

It's an emotional thing that caused me too much stress to even try to imagine being able to do it.

Glad you're comfortable with fixing any stitches that need it. I do hope your other bears are completely fine.

It IS nice material used to make those bears.

Oh. The bear that I got was the black one. I couldn't figure out what to do with the case that came with it. Just goes to show how little I know about textile products! Tee hee!

ETA -- Though, about 30 years later, I did pick up counted cross stitch! Probably more as my raging against the machine, kind of thing. I'd be darned if I'd let that ancient trauma of getting a "D" in Sewing class - no matter how desperately I tried - keep me from doing something in that category of life.

Though.. I've finished only a couple of crossstitch products. I have a couple sitting around here still unfinished. I like to do it. Just haven't picked those projects back up again.

If it could be possible to put a pair of stitching bars INSIDE that bear so that I could freely cross-stitch to correct those incomplete seams, that would be different. But the seams were split.. showing the contents of the bear that was still affixed in some way to the underside of the material. In any case, as clumsily as I'm describing it here, take my word for it that cross-stitching the defect was not the solution.

Last edited on 12/9/2010

Last edited on 12/9/2010

Be kind; Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
----
Invite Jesus to POSSESS your heart. (And your mind, your thoughts, your actions, your words, your dreams, your plans.)

NiteStar1291929314.1772303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

scribo.....you made me laugh. But not in a mean way! I was laughing at you describing your experience with sewing class. I took Home Economics for 2 years in high school and I agree, it isn't easy! But I finally did master pretty much everything except making decent looking button holes and putting in a zipper straight! LOL After I learned to sew, I made almost all my clothes for school and if they required a button hole or a zipper, my mom would do that part for me. My least favorite part was cutting out the pattern and I also hated the handwork, i.e., hemming. I haven't made anything from scratch in many, many years, but do still perform repair work on clothing if needed.

Baxjaxmom1291930258.8672508 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I am soooooo disappointed!!! I saw your post and was not aware Dennis Basso had teddy bears and I have not watched any of his shows that have apparently been on today. I have collected stuffed toys, particularly teddy bears, for years. I immediately went online to see them and wanted to get one of several, if not all, colors and especially the "eggplant" color. All that is left is gray and black! I have those coming, but was sad to learn there was no wait list for the remaining colors!!! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

I guess that will teach me to be more aware next year to watch for them.

NiteStar1291930377.942303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

Keep checking back! Sometimes people cancel orders for one reason or another and/or they don't send their check in, and items pop back in and out of inventory when this happens. So don't give up yet!

NiteStar1292011427.3832303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

Baxjaxmom.........I just saw that the camel colored bear has popped back into inventory!

NiteStar1292013247.922303 PostsRegistered 12/8/2004

okay.........someone snatched it up cause the camel bear is no longer available! Can't wait to get my 5 that I ordered.....the grandkids are going to love them!

Page 1 of 1