New Holiday Decor
111 Members and 12040 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

Creamy Nutmeg Slatkin

Started 1286131345.15 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1286468844.3 by l_u_x_e

Just curious if there is any one out there who purchased a Creamy Nutmeg candle this year that can actually smell it once it is burning......

This scent is my favorite, and I have bought several 3 wicks this fall, but none of them scent the area.

Right now I have 2 burning ( kitchen & family room ), and nope, can't smell much of anything.

It makes me mad to hear Harry brag about his candles being the best, and having the scent strong till the end---- it's not true!

Page 1 of 1
Grade1Teach1286132483.41710264 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

I bought a Creamy Nutmeg candle last year and it didn't have scent either. It smells FANTASTIC in the jar, but that's where it ends.

The lack of scent in the Creamy Nutmeg candle has been a common complaint on here. I don't think you have a defective candle or anything - It just seems that's the way that one burns.

azgal1286135007.4131292 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007arizona

It's my favorite too. I have one 3 wick and one 1 wick from last year that has a great scent when burning. I bought two this year because I liked it so much. I haven't burned them yet. I hope it's not going to be bad. I'll have to try it today. I'll let you know.

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it. Abraham Lincoln

only shops­ online1286135042.5835562 PostsRegistered 10/17/2006

I'm still using my Creamy Nutmeg candles that I got with the Gingerbread House last year. They have been my favorite Slatkins so far, so I hope they haven't messed around with them. They have also been the only Slatkins I have purchased that haven't drowned.

But maybe it's just my sense of smell. I have a very delicate sense of smell, and most of the Slatkins are way too strong for me. If they haven't changed the candles, maybe I'm the only one who can smell them. {#emotions_dlg.crying} {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

bengals gal1286135278.2537514 PostsRegistered 3/30/2010

I have one and it smells good but the flame doesn't get very high. Is that what you called a drowning wick?

I'm bummed because I got it for my haunted house but it doesn't light it up.

Same happened with my B&BW midnight pomegrante!

I'm not going to trim the wicks anymore because everytime I do this happens! And note I only take a tiny bit off and it still happens!

University Of Bling Graduate....Class of 2011
I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me.~Selena Gomez

itsmetoo1286135282.541455 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006

julies - Sadly, I have to agree with you. I'm not getting much scent at all from my candles this year. They used to just fill the room with wonderful scent - now this year, nothing. I'm so disappointed because I used to just love the Slatkin candles.

ugabugaboo1286139977.08565 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Creamy Nutmeg is one of the lighter scents and I can never smell it in the candle form. I buy the oils for that one. Creamy Nutmeg is great in the oils. I think a lot of it depends on how sensitive your sense of smell is. Mine is not that sensitive. Some good candle scents with power are Vanilla Shortbread, Leaves, and Autumn Apple.

Last edited on 10/3/2010

Last edited on 10/3/2010

azgal1286141823.8071292 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007arizona

I've been burning it for about an hour now and it doesn't seem as strong but maybe that's because the wicks are drowning. I've never had this problem before this fall. I bought an autum apple and the wicks drowned. I retured it and the new one was ok.

The clerk brought out a letter from the company explaing why this could happen ( somrthing about the oils) and to keep burning it and it should correct itself. I told her I've been burning it every day since I bought it and it didn't correct itself.

We should be too big to take offense and too noble to give it. Abraham Lincoln

Kitty Galo­re1286221786.3131777 PostsRegistered 4/28/2009

I just picked up 2 creamy nutmeg as it is my favorite a week ago, I havent lite them yet, I sure hope there isnt a problem with them, if so back they go.....

qvcnewbieg­irl1286223145.4936051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
This may sound crazy, but the first time I lit creamy nutmeg, I couldn't smell it at all. I asked my hubby and he couldn't smell it either. Well the second time I burned it, we could both smell it and it was delicious!!! Go figure?! I noticed my candle has the thin wicks, but it doesn't have DWS...I guess I ended up lucky!!

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

Candlefrea­klady1286224421.96633 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007Southeast Tennessee
On 10/4/2010 qvcnewbiegirl said: This may sound crazy, but the first time I lit creamy nutmeg, I couldn't smell it at all. I asked my hubby and he couldn't smell it either. Well the second time I burned it, we could both smell it and it was delicious!!! Go figure?! I noticed my candle has the thin wicks, but it doesn't have DWS...I guess I ended up lucky!!

qvcnewbiegirl, that does not sound crazy to me, because I have been complaining about my Creamy Nutmeg not having any scent while burning either. I have burned it three times, and yesterday for the first time, I could actually smell it throughout my dining room and living room. I was really surprised. Makes me think they don't have the fragrance oil mixed in very well. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Hebrews 11
1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

qvcnewbieg­irl1286232384.736051 PostsRegistered 2/7/2009Denver, CO
On 10/4/2010 Candlefreaklady said:
On 10/4/2010 qvcnewbiegirl said: This may sound crazy, but the first time I lit creamy nutmeg, I couldn't smell it at all. I asked my hubby and he couldn't smell it either. Well the second time I burned it, we could both smell it and it was delicious!!! Go figure?! I noticed my candle has the thin wicks, but it doesn't have DWS...I guess I ended up lucky!!

qvcnewbiegirl, that does not sound crazy to me, because I have been complaining about my Creamy Nutmeg not having any scent while burning either. I have burned it three times, and yesterday for the first time, I could actually smell it throughout my dining room and living room. I was really surprised. Makes me think they don't have the fragrance oil mixed in very well. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I'm glad I'm not crazy...at least about that!! LOL!!

Candlefreaklady~thanks for not letting me be alone on this!!! I think you must be right about the mixing!!

The greatest thing~you'll ever learn~is just to love~and be loved in return.

l_u_x_e1286468844.31087 PostsRegistered 12/30/2008

Last edited on 3/11/2011

Last edited on 3/11/2011

Page 1 of 1