TSV(R) Preview
33 Members and 10664 Guests Online

For the Home Talk

scentsationals.com (Scentsy-type melters)

Started 1285022116.31 in For the Home Talk | Last reply 1285978471.227 by Tgbtg

Holy cow! After reading a post from mallemo earlier today, I went to this website to check it out. They had holiday melters and wax cubes that I have not found at Wal-Mart or Hobby Lobby, yet. Starting this month (September), they are having a melter and wax cube of the month (slight discount on each). They had other scents that my Wal-Mart is not carrying yet.

The wax cubes are $2.99--$1 more than at Wal-Mart. I bought the ones I couldn't purchase locally: Gingerbread Man, Peanut Brittle, Caramel Popcorn, Peach Cobbler, and Lemon Chiffon.

Then I went to the holiday melter section. I got in trouble there. The melters are $17.99--$3 more than at Wal-Mart. I got the Harvest and Santa. I couldn't even wait to see if one of these was the melter of the month for October-December. lol At any rate, if you order $50, S&H is free, and there is no tax.

I also saw where Scentsationals is on Facebook. Lots of discussion going on there about their product.

Happy shopping, everyone!

Page 1 of 2
Idacat1285022319.3834707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

I wouldn't buy these wax melts without the ability to "sniff" them first.

Some have almost no scent even when not warmed.

Tgbtg1285022828.057484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
On 9/20/2010 Idacat said:

I wouldn't buy these wax melts without the ability to "sniff" them first.

Some have almost no scent even when not warmed.

Ida, from what I gathered on Facebook, the bakery scents are wonderful. Many people are posting about their experiences with Scentsationals. All will have more scent when heated as the fragranced oils are released. At any rate, a few of us on the boards have tried some of the scents (mostly bakery) and have been pleased. The warmers are cute if one is not interested in the wax cubes.

dryheat1285023021.837242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007

luvmyboston - The warmers are very nice. I picked up the Acorn one at Walmart today. Much bigger than I expected and very well made. I'm hoping my Walmart will have the holiday ones too - love the Santa.

The wax melts sound yummy - please give a review when you try them out. I bought the spice cake at Walmart and it is great. Also ordered from Walmart.com the Grandma's Harvest assortment - can't wait to get them.

SpaGal1285023149.363112 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

See the other threads on cute wax warmers and Scentsy threads. I'm very pleased with my purchase of Scentsationals warmer and wax melts.

Tgbtg1285024184.357484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
On 9/20/2010 dryheat said:

luvmyboston - The warmers are very nice. I picked up the Acorn one at Walmart today. Much bigger than I expected and very well made. I'm hoping my Walmart will have the holiday ones too - love the Santa.

The wax melts sound yummy - please give a review when you try them out. I bought the spice cake at Walmart and it is great. Also ordered from Walmart.com the Grandma's Harvest assortment - can't wait to get them.

dryheat, go to the website in the title of this thread: scentsationals.com

On that website, you can see (and order) the holiday melters: fall (Pumpkin Patch and Harvest) and Christmas (Santa, snowman, and chimney).

I will be more than happy to give updates on the scents I try and hope others will do the same! :)

mallemo1285031619.9879957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

Looks like hobbylobby.com has 21 of the Scentsationasl scents for $3.99 just in case anyone wants to take a look.

luvmyboston...Thanks for the info. Since Scentsationals makes the Better Homes and Gardens brand for WalMart, I'm assuming they must be good also, since I've had very good results with the BH&G brand that I purchased from WalMart.

Tgbtg1285037227.693484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
On 9/20/2010 mallemo said:

Looks like hobbylobby.com has 21 of the Scentsationasl scents for $3.99 just in case anyone wants to take a look.

luvmyboston...Thanks for the info. Since Scentsationals makes the Better Homes and Gardens brand for WalMart, I'm assuming they must be good also, since I've had very good results with the BH&G brand that I purchased from WalMart.

I have both BH&G and Scentsationals wax cubes and they melt at the same rate and have the same scent throw even though they're different scents. I only have the BH&G pumpkin melter, but both brands of wax melt completely in answer to an earlier query you had.

mallemo1285044025.359957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/20/2010 luvmyboston said:
On 9/20/2010 mallemo said:

I have both BH&G and Scentsationals wax cubes and they melt at the same rate and have the same scent throw even though they're different scents. I only have the BH&G pumpkin melter, but both brands of wax melt completely in answer to an earlier query you had.

Thanks for answering that question. I'm assuming it's because the BH&G melters have a smaller dish than the Scentsy I have. I have 3 Scentsy melters. Two I purchased and one was a gift. The one that I have been using has a square dish that is pretty large and it has a raised area all along the inside. I doubt if 1 cube would even cover the bottom. I'll have to see if either of the other two that I have might be a better choice, size wise. Otherwise the 24 watt, two piece melter works just fine. In response to your original post, the Scentsationals website had some really cute seasonal melters. Loved the Snowman and the Harvest.

Last edited on 9/20/2010

Last edited on 9/20/2010

Tgbtg1285045370.6484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009

The Facebook Scentsationals Rep wrote tonight that the Santa, Snowman, and Chimney are only going to be available on their website except for Wal-Marts in two states--seems like it was Utah and ? Anyway, the rep said all the other states' Wal-Marts would get other melters that were "waaaaaaaay cute." (exact words)

mallemo1285071796.329957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

The Facebook Scentsationals Rep wrote tonight that the Santa, Snowman, and Chimney are only going to be available on their website except for Wal-Marts in two states--seems like it was Utah and ? Anyway, the rep said all the other states' Wal-Marts would get other melters that were "waaaaaaaay cute." (exact words)

luvmyboston...Thanks for that info. I don't have Facebook, but might have to get it to keep up!

Tgbtg1285375638.89484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009

I posted this on "cute wax melters" but wanted to post it on my original thread just because I'm so darn happy I discovered this company thanks to mallemo! I highly recommend scentsationals.com. I ordered from them late Monday afternoon, and received my order today (Friday). Everything was wrapped securely. If possible, the Harvest and Santa warmers are even cuter than are depicted online. Very, very happy with those. If I knew how to post a pic on this post, I would.

I "think" I will like the scents I ordered. I have discovered that you really can't tell what a scent will be like until it's melted. I don't detect a strong ginger smell in the Gingerbread Man cubes. I will be anxious to see what it is like when melted.

I have also discovered that I prefer Cinnamon Vanilla over Sizzlin' Cinnamon (husband is the opposite). I also prefer Scentsationals's Pineapple Cilantro over Scentsy's Havana Cabana.

Last edited on 9/24/2010

Last edited on 9/24/2010

mallemo1285377801.1039957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

luvmyboston...Glad you received your items and that you are pleased. This company was really a surprise to me too. I went to one of our WalMart stores today and this one had lots of the BH&G cubes in all 7 scents. I purchased the Apple Cider as I had not purchased that one last time. I did not get the Cinnamon Sticks as I'm not a huge Cinnamon only fan. I picked up 5 of the Pumpkin Pie Spice and 2 of the Warm Vanilla Creme. Before that I was in Hobby Lobby to check out the Scentsationals. They had several scents, but unlike Walmart's $2 price tag, theirs are $3.99. I got Blueberry Muffin, Cinnamon & Brown Sugar, and Winter Pine. They have the exact same scents on their website as they do in the store. I am using one cube of the Pumpkin Pie Spice tonight and it fills my entire house. Can't believe it really. Wow is all I can say!

Tgbtg1285379585.73484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009

I cannot tell any difference in the scent throw of the Scentsationals vs. Scentsy. I think each company probably has some scents that, by nature, are not as strong. And you can't beat Wal-Mart's price. That's why I have so many of them! ;) Please post your thoughts on Cinnamon and Brown Sugar and Winter Pine. Oh...and be prepared for your house to smell like you've baked blueberry muffins!

Idacat1285441603.7434707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

I went to WalMart Thursday and found that ours is discontinuing this line entirely.

They also had none of the BHG branded Scentsationals or melters; the department manager said the seasonal (fall) stuff is all in and she had heard nothing about them.

Phooey !! It's a good thing I love Scentsy and know my rep well.

Idacat1285460210.3174707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

I'm betting the other state is Idaho.

Our store is closing out the entire Scentsationals line; they have left only a few generic burners and wax in a couple of wierd scents ("Spa",,awful). It will not be replaced with BHG branded burners and wax.

Scentsy is an Idaho company, founded by two young moms who worked out of their garages in Boise. While it is new outside of Utah and Idaho, it is an institution here and many of us have used it for years, including myself and just about everyone I know in either state.

I don't think Scentsationals can complete in these states where Scentsy is a "local legend".

I would have liked to try some of the Scentsationals bakery scents, but, oh well. We don't have Hobby Lobby either.

When they put Scentsationals in our WalMart they had a "live" demo going for several days. Frankly, I was not impressed, the scents they chose couldn't be smelled if you stuck your nose right up to the burner, but perhaps they have improved.

Idacat1285463390.5034707 PostsRegistered 7/26/2005Idaho !!!!

Well, they won't get my business.

Went to the site, picked out six flavors of wax, one of which was the monthly special.

At check out,,,almost ten dollars shipping UPS ground.

Geez, and folks think QVC is high !!

dryheat1285625580.893242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007

I tried the blueberry muffin scentsationals - the scent was too strong for my liking. I also tried the spice cake and oatmeal cookie - both of these I love.

Tgbtg1285625775.863484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
On 9/27/2010 dryheat said:

I tried the blueberry muffin scentsationals - the scent was too strong for my liking. I also tried the spice cake and oatmeal cookie - both of these I love.

dryheat, try using only half a cube of the Blueberry Muffin in your warmer. If it's still too strong, you might use a half cube of BM and a half cube of Vanilla Bean or Cupcake. HTH!

(I have Oatmeal Cookie melting right now....Mmmmm.....)

SpaGal1285625802.1273112 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010

You may want to experiment with the blueberry and adding some other scent. I love coconut but it's too strong so I combined with vanilla and the combo is wonderful. I have the blueberry for when I get tired of this, and am looking forward to getting the oatmeal cookie. Best part of these scents is they don't end up on the hips!

Tgbtg1285625825.257484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009

If anyone is interested, Scentsationals's Facebook rep posted this today:

ScentSationals Wickless Candles

ScentSationals just exceeded 10,000 "likes". THANK YOU! As a reward for helping us spread the word, we are offering a 20% DISCOUNT on ALL PRODUCTS for the FIRST TWO WEEKS of Oct. So, don't order anything now; save your money and wait until Oct 1st to enjoy a deep discount for yourself and your friends. And spread the word! Rumor has it that the Execs upstairs are already planning for the next benchmark of "likes."<small></small>

dryheat1285626294.66242 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007

Thanks for the tips on melting the blueberry with something else - I will definitely try that!

mallemo1285645044.8079957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

Thanks for the tips on melting the blueberry with something else - I will definitely try that!

I was not a huge fan of the Blueberry Muffin myself so I mixed it with Warm Vanilla Creme (BH&G) from WalMart. They worked well together.

Tgbtg1285693564.133484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009
On 9/27/2010 mallemo said:

I was not a huge fan of the Blueberry Muffin myself so I mixed it with Warm Vanilla Creme (BH&G) from WalMart. They worked well together.

mallemo, I'm sorry you were disappointed with the BM but am glad you found a way to use it. I thought a vanilla scent would be a good combo with it to weaken the throw. Glad it works. I am melting Caramel Popcorn right now, and it has shot to the top as one of my favorites.

mallemo1285810784.6039957 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/28/2010 luvmyboston said:
On 9/27/2010 mallemo said:

mallemo, I'm sorry you were disappointed with the BM but am glad you found a way to use it. I thought a vanilla scent would be a good combo with it to weaken the throw. Glad it works. I am melting Caramel Popcorn right now, and it has shot to the top as one of my favorites.

I thought the Caramel Popcorn sounded interesting so I'll try that one soon! I was not disappointed in the BM really. Not sure why it did not thrill me. I think we all have scents that we can take or leave and I guess that was one of them for me. It was not bad by any means and had a huge throw. Maybe just a little too "bakery" for me if that makes any sense at all! Not that I don't love bakeries because I do!!

Tgbtg1285814229.51484 PostsRegistered 6/2/2009

mallemo, I know what you mean. I am melting orange clove right now, and the scent is just "okay." The throw is adequate...certainly not overwhelming. The Scentsationals Facebook rep had suggested in an earlier post to melt a cupcake cube with it creating orange spice cupcake, so I think I may try that to see if I like it better.

I don't know if you saw it or not, but the FB rep said that they are introducing new scents on Friday, Oct. 1. I will be anxious to see what they introduce and to also see what additional scents and warmers the Wal-Marts will soon have.

Page 1 of 2