TSV(R) Preview
89 Members and 13190 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Breezies TSV

Started 1283439398.89 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1283828060.133 by bonnielu

The whole Breezies thing is such a joke. Doesn't anyone realize how overpriced these bras are? You can go to Macy's or Kohl's when bras are on sale, use your extra percent off coupon, and get a great bra for less than half the price of these. I've made the mistake of buying Breezies before, and the underwire poked through within a few weeks. And the straps are very thin. And the discussion during the presentations are disgusting - "you don't want the whole world to know that you're cold." But, again, at least I won't be buying anything today. Then there's the little ad showing how to measure your bra size. Just a little scary. Am I the only one who finds the Breezies ladies a little strange?

Page 1 of 2
coffeeaddi­ct771283439896.5531348 PostsRegistered 8/30/2006my happy place

Well I think the price is actually nice. I normally buy Chantelle and they are 80+ per item. I am a 34DD/32E and that size is difficult to find. You cant walk into Kohls and find any smaller bands with larger cups.

Bungo1283440090.5073220 PostsRegistered 6/20/2006

Me!! At one time-years ago--when she was wearing all that false hair I wondered if she had lost her real hair to illness. The best bra I have found is a Fruit of the Loom all cotton at Walmart for $7.00. I wear a D cup and it fits well and is comfortable. The TSV looks to me like the straps would fall down.

I may never pass this way again.

queendiva1283440694.3173200 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

I just tossed out every Breezies bra I owned. Hate the underwire, inconsistent fit and quality.

molisa1283440912.8171160 PostsRegistered 8/25/2010Missouri
On 9/2/2010 coffeeaddict77 said:

Well I think the price is actually nice. I normally buy Chantelle and they are 80+ per item. I am a 34DD/32E and that size is difficult to find. You cant walk into Kohls and find any smaller bands with larger cups.

I agree. I am a size 6 but wear a 38D and you can not just walk into macy's or kohl's and get that cup size on a small band. I struggle to find well made bras that actually fit and though these are not my favorite the price is very reasonable. I guess it depends on what your needs are.

Kathleen1283441773.97311890 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

Personally, I don't think the price or quality are bad at all. I'm perfectly satisfied with the bras I've purchased. I don't have wires poking out, the straps are wide enough for me, the bands are comfortable.

I think if I had any complaint at all it's that on some of the bras, the strap length adjustment is in the back, and I would prefer it were in the front. But it's not only Breezies that are designed that way.

I'm sure you can find bras priced lower if that's your goal.

Last edited on 9/2/2010

Last edited on 9/2/2010

lovestodan­ce1283442360.024801 PostsRegistered 6/12/2006

I have never ordered any of the Breezie Bra's. I have been tempted but i am hard to fit.

Do usually buy my bra's at Kohls. Picked up two of the vanity fair wire free Body Superior Support. They fit great. One in white,& one in light beige. Wish they came in cream or off white shade.

I did get them in 40C,fit is good with a little extra room for comfort. Love the stretch straps. They don't dig into your shoulders like some others do. Gives me a wonderful shape as well.

Just angry at myself for purchasing them in the past in the D cup. I really thought i needed that cup,but had too much gap.

Had a lumpectomy on one breast so bra cups don't always work for me.

These were on sale 30% off regular price.

Have a draw full of bra's,and think i will stick to this brand,and style.

lovestodance

coffeeaddi­ct771283442871.4171348 PostsRegistered 8/30/2006my happy place
On 9/2/2010 molisa said:

I agree. I am a size 6 but wear a 38D and you can not just walk into macy's or kohl's and get that cup size on a small band. I struggle to find well made bras that actually fit and though these are not my favorite the price is very reasonable. I guess it depends on what your needs are.

Yes :) I am excited to try this style I love the colors and look! I was hoping to get the brighter colors but went with the pink/grey because they were sold out before I ordered!

millieshops1283443641.43314192 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

"You can buy a bra for much less at Kohls or Macy's" I know many of the sales lines used by hosts and vendors irritate some. So do posters' lines. NO - I can't buy a bra for less at Kohl's or Macy's. I can't even buy any bra there. Not for any price. Nor am I ordering a Breezies bra. But don't assume I don't know there are far less expensive bras available than the ones I buy.

I'm not doubting that OP can buy her bras elsewhere and be happy, but she should not assume that her bra would work for me. In fact, I'd be thrilled if I could buy one bra for what today's 2 cost. I haven't had a bra for less than $100 for several years now. Some of us are challenged and the Breezies lady doesn't come close to lifting or containing us. Kohls is even worse for my body.

cjmcp1283444218.6231566 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Texas

The only time I ordered Breezies bras I couldn't send them back fast enough. Most uncomfortable bra I've ever worn. And I MUST try bras on. I cannot order by a size chart. When I go into a store to buy bras I may try on a dozen different ones before I find one to fit properly. Different styles, different brands, even different styles within the same brand will fit different. I may be a 40D in one, a 40DD in one and a 42D in another. And in some styles I may never find one to fit right. And I agree, with sales and coupons I can usually find something for much less than the TSV price.

colson1283444468.9577428 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007East Coast

I must say, nothing beats the lift you get from a good Chantelle!

avey1283445019.1771202 PostsRegistered 2/22/2010TN

This brand I think is a good value. Many good bras are so expensive. I was at Dillards not long ago and walked away from $50.00 bras and up. I bought a TSV set and found a couple of clearance bras.

Avey

RedConvert­ibleGirl1283445211.0313033 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

$25 each. What's so bad about that price? Nothing. It's an excellent price. I wouldn't be able to find a decent bra for that price. A friend of mine loves her Breezies, it's all she'll wear.

As far as Chantelle goes? The only one I bought I returned because it was just too uncomfortable, I couldn't wait to get it off after wearing it. Pretty, but that was all - and way too expensive and it was a lace cup so that meant no modesty and showing through clothes.

These Breezies look beautiful, but I don't wear bras that have lace on the cups for the reasons stated above. I'd love to try them someday, but need to have some SMOOTH cups and coverage.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

orange1283445995.8432987 PostsRegistered 12/29/2005
On 9/2/2010 RedConvertibleGirl said:

$25 each. What's so bad about that price? Nothing. It's an excellent price. I wouldn't be able to find a decent bra for that price. A friend of mine loves her Breezies, it's all she'll wear.

As far as Chantelle goes? The only one I bought I returned because it was just too uncomfortable, I couldn't wait to get it off after wearing it. Pretty, but that was all - and way too expensive and it was a lace cup so that meant no modesty and showing through clothes.

These Breezies look beautiful, but I don't wear bras that have lace on the cups for the reasons stated above. I'd love to try them someday, but need to have some SMOOTH cups and coverage.

Hi Red! Just wanted to share - if you're looking for smooth cups try the Le Mystere brand. They have some nice choices.

As for the TSV I did buy it in the berry/turquoise colors because they looked different. Also this particular style reminds me of a Wacoal style I had a while back that I liked. I purchased a Breezies TSV last year that did NOT work at all for me - the lace was scratchy around the band so back it went. I'll try these out - $25 per bra is a very good price for those of us who need good support!

Smile

violann1283452874.2811379 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

There's only one style of Breezies bras that I can't wear and I only had one. Some of mine have lasted a very long time with no problems. I ordered this TSV and will cull out any of my older ones that aren't doing the job and throw them away.

I love ultimair and haven't found it anywhere except in Breezies. That's reason enough for me to keep buying them.

Love to re­ad1283454325.671681 PostsRegistered 11/3/2008Southern Indiana

It's also hard to find a larger band size with smaller cups, which is the issue I face. I've tried to find an acceptable bra at Kohls and other departments stores in my area, but never have any luck. I found my holy grail bra from Breezies several years ago and have 6 of them. Unfortunately, they no longer produce that style and I'm in need of new bras. I'm trying the TSV, hoping that they'll be a good substitute. They do look quite a bit like the style that fits me so well, so I'm hoping for the best.

QisBEST1283463512.0917 PostsRegistered 4/28/2005

They had another bra A67128 that came out about a year ago (at least it seems like just a year ago) that is very similar to the TSV today. It was the first bra I found that really fit and was very comfortable. I have looked all over most department stores, Kohl's, Dillards, Belk, Nordstrom, etc., and could not find another one that fits nearly as well as this one and was sad when it was discontinued. Here's hoping they have ironed out the little flaws in this new design and it will be a big success. Anyway, I'm excited about this bra and am looking forward to receiving mine.

We are all different and know what makes us comfortable and uncomfortable and not everyone is going to like what we like, but it's always good to share opinions both positive and negative.

Peggs1283464374.973399 PostsRegistered 11/22/2005Erie County, PA
On 9/2/2010 Bungo said:

Me!! At one time-years ago--when she was wearing all that false hair I wondered if she had lost her real hair to illness. The best bra I have found is a Fruit of the Loom all cotton at Walmart for $7.00. I wear a D cup and it fits well and is comfortable. The TSV looks to me like the straps would fall down.

Bungo - I've been wearing the exact same bra for years. Very comfortable - love it. $7.00

isaboo1283482345.451681 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Texas

I was just wondering how many of you change your bras every 6 months? That is what these ladies are saying. ?????

MalteseMom­ma1283484081.337289 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006Formally Corgimom

BRAS ,BRAS and more BRAS......Still no black brieezie cotton briefs {#emotions_dlg.angry}

When you reach the end of your rope,you will find the hem of His garment

Luvmycats1283486018.3173800 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

THe reviews on these items are just 'okay" at best. I don't think any of their items have a 5 star rating. I don't know why QVC doesn't offer another line.

Luvmycats1283486058.493800 PostsRegistered 8/15/2007

Ps. Good bras can easily start at $75-

devalen1283491588.9289 PostsRegistered 7/16/2005

I don't think the price is out of line but try as I may, I keep trying Breezies and keep sending them back. Very inconsistent in their sizing. Some fit tight, some fit loose and the cup differs from style to style in terms of fit. I really wanted the convenience of finding a bra I could order online. I am going to make this my last purchase as I think it may be time to give up.

buddylou1283498870.984778 PostsRegistered 4/24/2007

The only Breezies bra that I found I like is A94493. It is really comfortable and offers a lot of support. I love the cotton content in it. Wink

pansy pal1283514226.71350 PostsRegistered 10/4/2007

Re Breezies - I gave all of my bras and panties away because they made me very itchy.I couldn't wear any of them due to the Ultimair.I am a 40D so I need support. I found some at Lane Bryant that I will not be without. Their bras fit me perfectly .If anyone is looking for good bras their line is called Cacique .They have underwires and wire free.

Buttercups1283527834.0774093 PostsRegistered 5/15/2007

No doubt the Breezies work well for some... for me the fabric was so irritating to my skin that I had to get help from my derm w/ lesions that grew as a result of the chafing underneath. But Q offers the Lipo in a Box GO2bra, and I got one -- actually I got it somewhere else as Q did not have my size -- and it's great. Reason I got one is the reviews were fantastic, unlike Breezies. Just another idea for those on the hunt for the HG bra. ;D

I'm appalled, appalled to find that sanctimony is going on here.

Page 1 of 2