142 Members and 10533 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Birkenstock TSV

Started 1279253659.563 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1279385934.003 by Dakotah

Who's getting it? What color?

I was going to pass - until I saw it!

Page 1 of 1
SchoolPsych1279254163.183243 PostsRegistered 8/21/2007

I'm not so sure about this one. I think it looks too pastel for me. I'm not sure how long it will look new. I am tough on my Birks and wear them everywhere. They just might not look too pretty after a while.

beach-mom1279254619.829490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/15/2010 SchoolPsych said:

I'm not so sure about this one. I think it looks too pastel for me. I'm not sure how long it will look new. I am tough on my Birks and wear them everywhere. They just might not look too pretty after a while.

I REALLY don't need another pair! But I love the look of seersucker. And these look so much like it! Smile

Pepper221279254752.85311663 PostsRegistered 10/31/2007small town, Ohio

Right now, I have the lavender pair in my cart. I need to read more to see if the straps are cloth or what....

Ok I went back & read it...I'm new to Birkenstock so I don't always understand the language....

I also like the hot pick thong type Birkenstock but some of the reviews arent good. So not sure if I should take a chance.

Which one should I pick???

Last edited on 7/15/2010

Last edited on 7/15/2010

miser1279255097.61721 PostsRegistered 12/30/2007FL

I think I will pass as not sure about the colored footbed. The way the regular bed stains from our feet, don't think those colored footbeds will look nice very long.

beach-mom1279255343.519490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/15/2010 Pepper22 said:

Right now, I have the lavender pair in my cart. I need to read more to see if the straps are cloth or what....

Ok I went back & read it...I'm new to Birkenstock so I don't always understand the language....

I also like the hot pick thong type Birkenstock but some of the reviews arent good. So not sure if I should take a chance.

Last edited on 7/15/2010

I have so many. I can tell you Birkenstock is the original brand and usually is a little more expensive than the others. The pebble grain leather is terrific. I do have that. It's really supple. I've been wearing these for over 20 years and I just got my first thong style last time QVC had the shows on. I like them, but I'm still adjusting. Most people I know who wear the thong just love it. In fact, most of my friends who wear them prefer the thong. Smile

DaisyRose1279255373.11111 PostsRegistered 11/10/2007

I will pass because it's a double strap but if it came in a single narrow strap I would most definitely get a couple different colors because the colors are great and the pin striping very unusual. I notice there are some new single strap styles so I will definitely get something out of that group. I wish Shawn would talk more about the shoes she is presenting and less about what is coming up in the next hour - I also notice she is busy creating her flip phrases and the Birk girl has to correct her from time to time because she is giving incorrect information about the shoes so that kind of scares me to buy anything because when it arrives it isn't what she said it would be and I am stuck paying for the return postage. Maybe another host will be more conscientious about the facts on the shoes later in the day.

Nightowlz1279255774.319399 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I wish they had the soft footbed so I could try those. I don't have any of them yet. They are cute. I like all the pastel colors for summer.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

beach-mom1279255846.5579490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/15/2010 nightowlz said:

I wish they had the soft footbed so I could try those. I don't have any of them yet. They are cute. I like all the pastel colors for summer.

I have the soft footbed ones too. They're great! But I just love - and wear - them all! Smile

winamac1279279689.1919053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana

I think they are cute, but I'm not getting them.

I, too, prefer the softer footbed, but the colors are pretty!

scotttie1279283042.8735754 PostsRegistered 6/15/2006

Hi Win,

I just ordered the blue. I tried to resist for 3 days (got the preview email on them).

Sigh. I just can't resist the price and the style. The 2 strap is my standard!

Mrs Doubtfire: 'He was quite fond of the drink. It was the drink that killed him.'
Miranda: 'How awful. He was an alcoholic?'
Mrs Doubtfire: 'No, he was hit by a Guinness truck.'
Robin Williams --1951-2014

LipstickDi­va1279287724.11337470 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

It's a pass for me. I really only like the birks with the white heel. Actually, I think I like Birks until I get them home. I have 2 pair in my closet right now that I wore 1 time each.

We have a new resale shop in my area that is going to get both my Birks. Maybe someone else can get some use out of them.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

beach-mom1279288499.1879490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

I just ordered the blue. I tried to resist, but every time I watched the video. . ! Smile

fallsnow561279304608.0671194 PostsRegistered 8/12/2008
On 7/15/2010 Pepper22 said:

Last edited on 7/15/2010

I love the hot pick style and have two! One in white and one in brown. I am trying to be strong and not order another pair, but that price is great. And I can always use another pair:) Someone talk me out of this!

The great thing is you can try these and send back if they don't work for you. If you were to buy these at a store they may not take them back after 30 days especially if they have started to "mold" to your foot bed.

PinkyPetun­ia1279306996.6034525 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004NJ

I'm not into light/pastel colors when it comes to Birkenstocks. It really limits the wearablilty as they will look out of place in autumn. Maybe in hot weather climates they would work but not in the northeast.

Maltesemom1279307175.5631 PostsRegistered 7/11/2010

Claudia, please get some size 42's in -- I have a larger size and it appears that qvc is only ordering up to size 41. Please, please please.

GreenEyedG­irl1279308442.472140 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

This will be my first pair. I've always wanted to try them, but thought they were kinda pricey. Had physical therapy recently and the dr. told me to wear them.

I chose the natural/beige color because I have alot of that color - brown capris, beige capris, lots of beige and brown blouses.

I'm a size 9 and I ordered a 40 - hope they fit!

I was reading some posters mention a softer footbed. Which particular styles have that? Anyone know?

Also, when you get them, do you just start wearing them, or is there some kind of preparation? I thought you were supposed to get them wet, so they'd mold to your foot, but I'm not sure if I dreamed that or heard it on the Q.

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

beach-mom1279309050.2039490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic
On 7/16/2010 GreenEyedGirl said:

This will be my first pair. I've always wanted to try them, but thought they were kinda pricey. Had physical therapy recently and the dr. told me to wear them.

I chose the natural/beige color because I have alot of that color - brown capris, beige capris, lots of beige and brown blouses.

I'm a size 9 and I ordered a 40 - hope they fit!

I was reading some posters mention a softer footbed. Which particular styles have that? Anyone know?

Also, when you get them, do you just start wearing them, or is there some kind of preparation? I thought you were supposed to get them wet, so they'd mold to your foot, but I'm not sure if I dreamed that or heard it on the Q.

You chose a nice one! I hope the 40 is OK. If you're a true 9, the 39 might have been a little better. But when you get them, Claudia recommends you have about 1/4 inch space at the front and back of the shoe. When you get them, take them out and flex them a little. Don't get them wet! Claudia recommends putting them on after your shower when your foot is a little moist. I've been lucky. I can wear them right out of the box! The soft footbed is one of the styles they have. I have about 4 of those. It has a little extra padding inserted in the footbed. If you put Birkenstock soft footbed in the search bar, some styles will come up. There is one new one this time - I don't know when they'll present it. Smile

Aragabymimi1279309187.44564 PostsRegistered 2/1/2009Long Beach, NY

I am going to pass also but I did buy a different pair A201225 in orange (on sale). The Arizona style fits me well.

GreenEyedG­irl1279309676.1572140 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland
On 7/16/2010 beach-mom said:

You chose a nice one! I hope the 40 is OK. If you're a true 9, the 39 might have been a little better. But when you get them, Claudia recommends you have about 1/4 inch space at the front and back of the shoe. When you get them, take them out and flex them a little. Don't get them wet! Claudia recommends putting them on after your shower when your foot is a little moist. I've been lucky. I can wear them right out of the box! The soft footbed is one of the styles they have. I have about 4 of those. It has a little extra padding inserted in the footbed. If you put Birkenstock soft footbed in the search bar, some styles will come up. There is one new one this time - I don't know when they'll present it. Smile

Thanks Beach-Mom! I KNEW I'd heard something about the shower - I was in the other room and half-heard it. And I wondered if I was supposed to wear them in the shower when I first got them! Thanks for clarifying!

I actually did order a pr. years ago (probably a TSV) - they were a Mary Jane style. I had ordered a 39 and they never fit - were too small, so I gave them to my sister. So I'm thinking the 40 should fit me. We'll see!

I will check out the soft footbed style - thanks for the info! Cool

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

beach-mom1279337004.199490 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

I think it's amazing how they sold out of the pink right away, and the other colors are just sitting there. Actually, I thought there would be more selling out. Some of the new styles are really cute. I think it would have made a difference if these were the TSV in April or May - at the START of summer. Maybe people are too concerned about the pastel colors right now? IDK - because I love Birks I ordered the blue ones and will wear them until late August probably. Smile

winamac1279368465.32319053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
On 7/16/2010 beammeupscottie said:

Hi Win,

I just ordered the blue. I tried to resist for 3 days (got the preview email on them).

Sigh. I just can't resist the price and the style. The 2 strap is my standard!

Hi scottie! I hope you are doing well. I think the blue are darling. I was good and passed, but I did like them!! They are very cute! I hope you love them!

Dakotah1279385934.003597 PostsRegistered 9/18/2007
On 7/16/2010 PinkyPetunia said:

I'm not into light/pastel colors when it comes to Birkenstocks. It really limits the wearablilty as they will look out of place in autumn. Maybe in hot weather climates they would work but not in the northeast.

I agree with PinkyPetunia on this one. However, I did order the black and white "Q" printed pair. I thought they were kind of neat and not TOO obvious. I wear lots of black and white, so these look perfect!

Page 1 of 1