Guaranteed Delivery
135 Members and 20020 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

What shoes to buy after bunion surgery?

Started 1276834090.193 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1276860883.09 by Visaqueen
replies

Just had my surgery a week ago. Won't be wearing shoes for a while but want to start thinking about some really good shoes that will keep my feet healthy. ( I do still have calluses on both feet). I have always worn cheaper shoes, and maybe that is why I started having problems. What are some really good shoes (any kind)?

Page 1 of 1
gidgetgoes­hawaiian1276855634.3710512 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Birkenstock, Born, Merrill. I just bought a pair of Pikolino's loafers that were very expensive, but are SO comfortable and and should last for a long time.

I hope your surgery went well!

Last edited on 6/18/2010

Last edited on 6/18/2010

LeapFrog1276859519.747722 PostsRegistered 2/27/2007Kent OH

My SIL had bunion surgery and swears by Clarks

Visaqueen1276860883.099245 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

I am a huge fan of Mephistos. They have some very pretty, fashionable styles that you would never know are engineered to be so comfortable. Mephistos have a special soft cushion in the sole of the shoe that never gets compressed. Expensive, but so worth it!

I have also had luck with Danskos and Naot. Naots have VERY comfortable cork soles. Dansko's are engineered to provide proper foot support, and came out with cute sandals and clogs (I love the ones with cut out flowers on top).

I am new to all of this, too, since I started having foot problems from long distance running. Looks like I am going to basically be a 10K girl and do other stuff for awhile, but these types of shoes make a big difference.

Oh, and I never go barefoot in my home. I wear UGG coquette slippers and they do the trick for me. The sole is VERY sturdy - some wear these out as regular shoes!

It is important to get a proper fit. I wear a 7 1/2 and often size up to an 8, or sometimes even a 9 if the shoe runs small. Do you have something like The Walking Company nearby? They have a large selection and can help find the right shoes that will help with your specific issues.

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

Page 1 of 1