Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (REMEMBERING 9/11)

Good morning, shopping friends. I'm sure most of us remember what we were doing on 9/11 when hearing the horrible news. We can discuss fashion, etc. all we want but the reality is that events sometimes will take precedence and affect our lives for a much longer time than what fashion will.

I just returned a couple of hours ago from Hawaii. When I planned the trip, I didn't think of the date I would be returning and its significance. When 9-11 occured, I had just returned from Hawaii. Had our flight been scheduled to leave one day later on that trip, we would hace been grounded in Hawaii until air traffic was permitted again. Since that time, I travel with a sufficient back up of meds, etc. and make sure I have a high limit credit card with me just in case as well as cash. Should something happen that takes out power, card processing doesn't work well.

We were surrounded by luxury shopping if you consider Coach, Tiffany's, Prada, etc. We window shopped but didn't enter. We went for the scenery, culture, etc. and for the friends we have there....and a break from the routine. It is a shopping mecca for the Japanese and Australians as luxury items are far less expensive in Hawaii than in their countries.

It is now back to reality. Midnight is happy that I am home. It is now time to catch up on what is taking place on the boards, etc. It is interesting to note that the cable service for where we stayed did not feature any shopping channels; it did, however, feature what was available in the area.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.