Shoes & Handbags Offers
34 Members and 9388 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

The Lisa Robertson Show?

Started 1341767913.31 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1341888931.57 by baby burns

What did y'all think of the Lisa Robertson Show? I didn't care for the format, but I really love to hear her suggestions on how to wear clothing - the "tricks" to make you look taller, skinnier, etc. I think she has some really good fashion tips but the show was just kinda blah for me. It seemed a bit flat.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I'm curious about everyone's opinion but PLEASE keep your comments NICE and don't get sidetracked about how she looks/acts/talks, whatever.

Page 1 of 2
catprincess1341768041.6132365 PostsRegistered 4/9/2007Rocky Mountains

I only watched it once and found it kind of boring! I like Lisa and I am glad she ended the show and did not drag iton and on! I love your quote Cat!

brii1341768102.26322594 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008

I didn't care for it.

It's only on hiatus for the summer, I thought.

star8261341768460.90312387 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

I did watch and didn't care for the format or the "BIG SHOW"...

Really don't understand why the Q played this up as such a big deal.

"Fashions with Lisa" would have still fit the bill or even PMStyle 2.

She's talented and I'm mot knocking her, just don't get the big build up for a show that had her name on it.

Have to say, expected much more from a show billed as "TLRS". It's not her fault it's what the QPTB wanted.

Hope they fix the format.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

Cat From TN1341770351.123492 PostsRegistered 4/17/2012State of Confusion
On 7/8/2012 star826 said:

She's talented and I'm mot knocking her, just don't get the big build up for a show that had her name on it.

Have to say, expected much more from a show billed as "TLRS". It's not her fault it's what the QPTB wanted.

I agree. Like I said before, she has a lot of helpful information on style, and I get that she was trying to concentrate on an entire "look", but it just doesn't work for me. Plus - she way too serious and I love it when she jokes around. I think the show is on hiatus for the summer, and I hope they work out something a little . . . more exciting? Don't exactly know what it needs, but it does need something.

culebra1341770937.8632357 PostsRegistered 3/22/2005

I either dvr'd or watched The Lisa Robertson Show each week. I liked the fact that Lisa and QVC devoted 1 hour per week to their more upscale stuff. Lisa's style suggestion were great and helpful. I intend to watch it when it returns.

imaclothes­hog1341771018.79721499 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

Thumbs down for me, I didn't like it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

She just yammers on about the same stuff she does in PMS, only the set has chandeliers and her name plastered everywhere.

It should be about the clothes, not about Lisa and that show was just a showcase for her and that is really old and tired.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

star8261341771529.38712387 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 7/8/2012 Cat From TN said:
On 7/8/2012 star826 said:

I agree. Like I said before, she has a lot of helpful information on style, and I get that she was trying to concentrate on an entire "look", but it just doesn't work for me. Plus - she way too serious and I love it when she jokes around. I think the show is on hiatus for the summer, and I hope they work out something a little . . . more exciting? Don't exactly know what it needs, but it does need something.

Hi Cat~ One thing many people forget is that there are pro stylists on staff at the Q and they style her PMStyle shows, so I believe they also style her "TLRS" items... She might have final say. but she's not the stylist from start to end IMHO. The Q needs to sell their items and you know she mainly wears her higher end personal apparel... Hence the "GILI" line made to copy her more expensive pieces the QPTB think the Q shoppers want.

She's a sales professional with a love for fashion, jewelry and art along with home decorating.

I think she should have her own show on the Style network or HGTV, but I doubt she make the big money she now makes as the top female host on the Q.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

sweetpea531341772308.8174062 PostsRegistered 10/16/2011

I enjoyed the show and will watch again when it comes back.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.......

puppies4me1341772603.383369 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011

I think it is unnecessary. The clothing on there seemed higher priced.

I didn't see the sense. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Geller Girl

'Nothing tastes as good as thin feels'

GinaV241341772663.6734447 PostsRegistered 7/23/2010

I was disappointed in the content of the show. I had expected it to be far more interesting than it was. I thought it would be more fun but instead we had Amy fawning over her as her social media/interviewer and Lisa sounding very bossy with directing people where and how to stand.

I wanted to know how the outfits were styled, since I think Lisa presents items very well, but overall the show simply didn't excite me.

hulagirl1341774091.4777011 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I watched it just to see what all the fanfare was about......the "tips" I heard was nothing new......just same stuff in the mags....imo, it was just a showcase for the Q Queen.

yorkiegirl11341774419.537256 PostsRegistered 2/16/2007

i enjoyed it. it was an opportunity to see some new stylists, some new fashions, and some new ideas. some of the clothes presented from the gili line were pieces of clothing i had seen lisa wear on air and wondered where she got them, so when she had them copied for the show and available for purchase at a knock-off price, i thought the idea was kinda cool. and i liked what i got, too. the idea of having a look styled from head to toe was a good idea, whether you liked the look or not. seeing how the models style outfits is one of the reasons i watch (and buy from) qvc. looking forward to the return of the show next time around.

namealread­ytaken1341779892.6877690 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009

the best program at QVC

then next is the diamonique show with nancy

third is any jewelry show with antonella

winamac11341780538.31730434 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

It was ok. I thought most of the items were very overpriced on the show, and her gili items were so underwhelming. I think I liked one of the gili items, but I didn't buy it. Most of the gili items were too cropped, and the material was a bit cheap.

The other items were usually very overpriced, and it was very hard to read the description of the items when they showed the "total look".

I thought she did a great job on the show , as always, but it wasn't much different from any other show.

Plus, except for a few items, I don't think she'd have worn any of the gili items off of QVC. The one jacket with the tie pulled in the front and looked way too tight on her.

The only LRS shows that I liked were the 2 that had Lisa Rinna on them.

Last edited on 7/8/2012

Last edited on 7/8/2012

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

Beejene1341780741.5971635 PostsRegistered 12/26/2011New York, New York
On 7/8/2012 Amphitrite said:

Thumbs down for me, I didn't like it.{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

She just yammers on about the same stuff she does in PMS, only the set has chandeliers and her name plastered everywhere.

It should be about the clothes, not about Lisa and that show was just a showcase for her and that is really old and tired.

I agree and found the entire thing boring. I do 99% of my shopping in the high end department stores and botiques. Since I live in NY and have been into fashion my entire life we have everything here. I periodically will pick something up on the Q i.e. an Isaac cardigan or LCNY leather jacket and boat neck tee to wear with my jeans but the majority of my shopping is usually for the cosmetics and beautify products that i like.

I didn't find one thing on her show somthing I would wear. I also find everything she says about fashion, what looks good and what doesn't just common sense and things I have followed my entire life.

As said, lets just stop making the show about Lisa, she is not a stylist and put the focus on good quality garments at those prices. I can go to Lord and Taylor's or NOrdstroms when they are having a "sale" and get fabulous designer closing, handbags etc for close to the prices the Q is asking for on the LR Show.

winamac11341780883.4530434 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Lisa is an excellent host, but I'd never take fashion advice from her. She needs some fashion advice.{#emotions_dlg.scared}

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

graceandme­rcy1341785103.054054 PostsRegistered 6/22/2010

I can't watch Lisa..

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."

- Philo of Alexandria, a Jewish Philosopher

depglass1341788687.1823719 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

Well, I don't live anywhere near New York and I can't afford high end boutiques. I appreciate QVC's attempt to bring us something a little upscale from D&C. Unfortunately, its a very bad time slot for me. DH gets his pick on Friday night since he's gone so much.

Cat From TN1341789327.06492 PostsRegistered 4/17/2012State of Confusion
On 7/8/2012 yorkiegirl1 said:

i enjoyed it. it was an opportunity to see some new stylists, some new fashions, and some new ideas. some of the clothes presented from the gili line were pieces of clothing i had seen lisa wear on air and wondered where she got them, so when she had them copied for the show and available for purchase at a knock-off price, i thought the idea was kinda cool. and i liked what i got, too. the idea of having a look styled from head to toe was a good idea, whether you liked the look or not. seeing how the models style outfits is one of the reasons i watch (and buy from) qvc. looking forward to the return of the show next time around.

Maybe that what the show needs - selling just her GILI line. I see a lot of questions about what she's wearing since she rarely wears QVC cloths (unless she's presenting them). Yeah, they should focus on that! You're BRILLIANT!

MarthaStew­ardess1341789530.787240 PostsRegistered 11/14/2006

I didn't care for her show at all. I thought there was way to much hype over nothing special. I don't think Lisa is one that I'd take fashion or beauty advice from. I didn't care for the format of the show and also the graphics were not done well. I also didn't care that the host wore the "real" thing, but was pushing the "knock-offs" (that did have differences) to the rest of us. Besides, if it's something she's had and then they are now making copies of it, then it's not exactly the new, hot thing in fashion.

I don't think that QVC's programming should be about the hosts. They are not the stars....the merchandise should be. Anything sold in that show should have been sold in any QVC clothing show.

DebbieDD1341790564.028109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004

I never seemed to be home when it was on so dvr'd and fast forwarded through much of it when I got around to watching. Nothing special in general though I do have to say that I purchased and LOVE the GILI lace blouse--very much like a $2000 blouse I tried on but couldn't get. Not the same, of course, but close enough to satisfy the "need".

KatCat11341791948.55716842 PostsRegistered 7/21/2011

I think I watched it twice and not all the way through. It's suppose to be coming back in August, I believe. I never heard any tricks or tips but I would enjoy that part. I thought that more higher priced items were featured on the show.

pupcakes1341803549.2321296 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

She needs fashion & makeup advice.

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

sugarflake1341862147.9571824 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007

OH! that thing.

sugarflake1341862309.8271824 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007
On 7/8/2012 MarthaStewardess said:

I didn't care for her show at all. I thought there was way to much hype over nothing special. I don't think Lisa is one that I'd take fashion or beauty advice from. I didn't care for the format of the show and also the graphics were not done well. I also didn't care that the host wore the "real" thing, but was pushing the "knock-offs" (that did have differences) to the rest of us. Besides, if it's something she's had and then they are now making copies of it, then it's not exactly the new, hot thing in fashion.

I don't think that QVC's programming should be about the hosts. They are not the stars....the merchandise should be. Anything sold in that show should have been sold in any QVC clothing show.

It should definitely NOT be about the hosts. What is going on....ANYWAY! ???????????????????

Page 1 of 2