Better Than Black Friday
111 Members and 16411 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Morning show with Jayne and Pat today

Started 1339173046.093 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1347311912.283 by msnicky

Did anyone notice how Rachel was practically pushing Pat out of the picture today? Several times the three of them were presenting item and Rachel stood next to clothes rack with poor Pat pushed to the end. Pat had the last laugh though. She told Rachel time for her to go back to Facebook area and the look on Pat's face said it all. Did anyone else tune in?

Page 1 of 5
kacee111339173795.83144 PostsRegistered 2/27/2006

I'm not quite sure about the dynamics between Pat & Jayne - sometimes it does look awkward and that Pat is pushed aside, but not sure if it's my imagination{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

pink dogwo­od1339174321.533223 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007

I used to love watching the Monday & Friday fashion shows with Pat (and whomever else shows up). I'm beginning to not like either of these shows now.

I really feel badly for Pat, she's been forced to play 2nd fiddle to Jayne and Rachel. I used to like Rachel too but not anymore. IMO she's as pushy as Jayne Brown is. Together these two just take over the show and have no respect for Pat who really IS the morning show every day of the week.

I really think the powers that be need to take a look at the Pat & Jayne duo and bring in someone else with Pat. We all know they read these boards and our opinions - it's time for a change!

california­momofthree1339174772.8535498 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

I agree that another person needs to be with Pat on Mon/Fri. I like Jayne a lot, but on her own, not with Pat because it seems she "runs her over", imo. Pat would be great with Linda Davies - they are both gracious ladies, imo or even Courtney Cason. Even though Susan is given a lot of grief on these boards sometimes, I enjoy the Thursday a.m. show because at least you can "feel" the respect between the two of them. Maybe even Sandra Bennet with Pat would be better. I really like Pat, even though we have nothing in common lol.

luvvy1339175277.273493 PostsRegistered 8/2/2007

I agree w/all the posts. Pat is so professional on her own or paired w/some of the other hosts, especially Dan Hughes. They are the morning show. Of course Dan can't do the fashion shows, but Pat could do it alone, altho I'm sure she wouldn't want to do 3 hrs by herself. It won't change, tho, because of the title of the show, but Rachel has GOT TO GO!

fluty1339175564.213814 PostsRegistered 2/16/2007

yep! Agreement here!

lovestotea­ch1339175788.1115291 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

Agree. Agree. Agree. Agree. Jayne and Pat, even tho often Jayne seems more dominant, seem to have reached a comfortable "balance - off-balance" IMO. I am having trouble enduring Rachel and her intrusive guffaws and behavior inserted in-between the two. IMHO :)

Lovestoteach~ ~ ♥ ♥♥

lynnsy1339177735.0471028 PostsRegistered 8/29/2010

How about how in the kitchen with david facebook person sits up in control room. Sure there is enough room for one more body up there, take all facebooking up to the control room. At least they would only have one host job at a time!

house_cat1339180415.2738430 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

Oh, boy.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I really hate to jump in and do this, but I recorded it and watched half of it this morning and I think it was awful.

Rachel adds nothing to the morning show except another bunch of chatter and a cackle that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If they refuse to drop the FB baloney, they should at least limit the questions to fashion topics.

I always enjoyed Pat and Jayne, but I don't anymore. I don't know if it's because of the FB component, or because there are three of them now, or maybe it's just me.


>^..^< house cat

house_cat1339180480.6938430 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California
On 6/8/2012 lynnsy said:

How about how in the kitchen with david facebook person sits up in control room. Sure there is enough room for one more body up there, take all facebooking up to the control room. At least they would only have one host job at a time!


This is a good suggestion. I'm thinking she could do it from home.


>^..^< house cat

Dosey1339180635.263872 PostsRegistered 10/16/2010
On 6/8/2012 luvvy said:

I agree w/all the posts. Pat is so professional on her own or paired w/some of the other hosts, especially Dan Hughes. They are the morning show. Of course Dan can't do the fashion shows, but Pat could do it alone, altho I'm sure she wouldn't want to do 3 hrs by herself. It won't change, tho, because of the title of the show, but Rachel has GOT TO GO!

Oh my! I just had a vision of Dan doing a fashion show. That would be hysterical. I would watch!!

nantucket ­shore1339181263.8075662 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 6/8/2012 Dosey said:
On 6/8/2012 luvvy said:

I agree w/all the posts. Pat is so professional on her own or paired w/some of the other hosts, especially Dan Hughes. They are the morning show. Of course Dan can't do the fashion shows, but Pat could do it alone, altho I'm sure she wouldn't want to do 3 hrs by herself. It won't change, tho, because of the title of the show, but Rachel has GOT TO GO!

Oh my! I just had a vision of Dan doing a fashion show. That would be hysterical. I would watch!!


Problem with Dan doing a fashion show would be nothing but problems...he would say

"Ladies, I wouldn't let my wife be seen in this!"

"Ladies, I really wouldn't buy this until you're tall and slender, just the cut and style would add pounds to you."

"Ladies, I don't do the wash in the house but I would think this would shrink in the dryer"

"Ladies, my wife is middle age and this clothing item is more for someone in their 20's"

and the list would go on and on......................{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Perkup1339181935.946551 PostsRegistered 12/24/2008

Why not just let Jayne and Rachel do the whole thing and present nothing but Wiggle Jiggle Renee's designs? The three of them could totally destroy each other!

The whole thing is a train wreck. Let's move forward and put some of the newer hosts there. The new girl - I think her name is Kristen - is wonderful with fashion. I also like Nancy - the gal who comes on the morning train wreck sometimes as a presentor. She has shorter dark hair. Does a good job.

Rachel is okay when she's alone. Jayne is still borderline okay when she's alone. Both are suffering from Overactive Ego. But the whole concept of what QVC is doing with this morning fshion show is a disaster, and anyone who can say with a straight face that they really like it must not be listening. Pat is okay with Susan G, but she's losing her edge as evidenced by the constant repetition she now totally depends on. She's either intimidated, or just plain bored and definitely ineffective. She needs a break, and the viewers could certainly use one, too.

I think it's time for QVC to RETHINK, RETRAIN, AND REFRAIN from their new concepts of selling. If you're not watching, you're not buying!

Last edited on 6/8/2012

Last edited on 6/8/2012

SofiaLisa1339183022.34723 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006

I agree with all of the above the morning show just "feels" uncomfortable to watch and Rachel just does not seem genuine and real in her role. I don't enjoy watching anymore. It is just an odd group at this point. I do like Pat, though and wish she would not be stuck just repeating sizes available!

lynnsy1339183134.7831028 PostsRegistered 8/29/2010
On 6/8/2012 delilah_ said:
On 6/8/2012 lynnsy said:

How about how in the kitchen with david facebook person sits up in control room. Sure there is enough room for one more body up there, take all facebooking up to the control room. At least they would only have one host job at a time!


This is a good suggestion. I'm thinking she could do it from home.

All she would need to do is turn on her web cam and remote dial in. From HOME it could be.

nantucket ­shore1339184014.2735662 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007
On 6/8/2012 Perkup said:

Why not just let Jayne and Rachel do the whole thing and present nothing but Wiggle Jiggle Renee's designs? The three of them could totally destroy each other!

The whole thing is a train wreck. Let's move forward and put some of the newer hosts there. The new girl - I think her name is Kristen - is wonderful with fashion. I also like Nancy - the gal who comes on the morning train wreck sometimes as a presentor. She has shorter dark hair. Does a good job.

Rachel is okay when she's alone. Jayne is still borderline okay when she's alone. Both are suffering from Overactive Ego. But the whole concept of what QVC is doing with this morning fshion show is a disaster, and anyone who can say with a straight face that they really like it must not be listening. Pat is okay with Susan G, but she's losing her edge as evidenced by the constant repetition she now totally depends on. She's either intimidated, or just plain bored and definitely ineffective. She needs a break, and the viewers could certainly use one, too.

I think it's time for QVC to RETHINK, RETRAIN, AND REFRAIN from their new concepts of selling. If you're not watching, you're not buying!

Last edited on 6/8/2012

Many do watch though, the real question would be "would a revamp of hosts actually make the consumer buy more?" I personally can't remember the last time I was watching and actually bought the item on air.....my purchasing is actually off of the website, I look at what was presented and do searches from there.

coco141339184965.321119 PostsRegistered 6/19/2010
On 6/8/2012 delilah_ said:

Oh, boy.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I really hate to jump in and do this, but I recorded it and watched half of it this morning and I think it was awful.

Rachel adds nothing to the morning show except another bunch of chatter and a cackle that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If they refuse to drop the FB baloney, they should at least limit the questions to fashion topics.

I always enjoyed Pat and Jayne, but I don't anymore. I don't know if it's because of the FB component, or because there are three of them now, or maybe it's just me.

I so agree with you - especially about Rachel - awful - awful - awful

Sooner1339185571.8915437 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 6/8/2012 coco14 said:
On 6/8/2012 delilah_ said:

Oh, boy.

{#emotions_dlg.blush}

I really hate to jump in and do this, but I recorded it and watched half of it this morning and I think it was awful.

Rachel adds nothing to the morning show except another bunch of chatter and a cackle that makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

If they refuse to drop the FB baloney, they should at least limit the questions to fashion topics.

I always enjoyed Pat and Jayne, but I don't anymore. I don't know if it's because of the FB component, or because there are three of them now, or maybe it's just me.

I so agree with you - especially about Rachel - awful - awful - awful

I SWORE to myself I would not comment again about this but this morning was simply awful. Did you see the so-called presentation of the cargo shorts? It was all about Jane and Rachael, NOTHING much about the shorts. I wanted to order but there simply wasn't enough information for me to decide on them. You can go see the presentation if you like on the internet.

Rachael adds nothing but to gossip with Jane, and seems to care little about clothes. She would be better selling about anything else I think. I would LOVE to see either Monday or Friday with a clothing show with Linda Davies and/or either Pat and Mary Beth. I would really enjoy watching that version with real ladies, clothes for an ordinary life, and some intelligent discussion about the clothing and how they might be worn.

I am sick to death of trying to watch and being bombarded with the fascinating life and likes of Jayne Brown and some absurd tale about chasing her husband on a bicycle. I have NO idea what that was all about. Never had I encountered someone so stuck on themselves!

house_cat1339188092.1978430 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

Sooner, I think that's when I turned it off. There was one item when they went so far astray that Pat finally stopped them and brought the topic back to the clothes they were selling. I had a feeling someone said something in her ear... or maybe it was her common sense talking.


>^..^< house cat

Sooner1339188327.30315437 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 6/8/2012 delilah_ said:

Sooner, I think that's when I turned it off. There was one item when they went so far astray that Pat finally stopped them and brought the topic back to the clothes they were selling. I had a feeling someone said something in her ear... or maybe it was her common sense talking.

I got the same feeling that someone told them to rein it in. They totally ignored the clothing and the customers for at least 3 minutes or so of air time. And that's a LONG time of air time. I watched the "rerun" online before I posted this because I thought maybe I was making too much of it. It is really a train wreck or programming. I can't believe management lets this stuff go on.

Dosey1339188367.2473872 PostsRegistered 10/16/2010
On 6/8/2012 nantucket shore said:
On 6/8/2012 Dosey said:
On 6/8/2012 luvvy said:

I agree w/all the posts. Pat is so professional on her own or paired w/some of the other hosts, especially Dan Hughes. They are the morning show. Of course Dan can't do the fashion shows, but Pat could do it alone, altho I'm sure she wouldn't want to do 3 hrs by herself. It won't change, tho, because of the title of the show, but Rachel has GOT TO GO!

Oh my! I just had a vision of Dan doing a fashion show. That would be hysterical. I would watch!!


Problem with Dan doing a fashion show would be nothing but problems...he would say

"Ladies, I wouldn't let my wife be seen in this!"

"Ladies, I really wouldn't buy this until you're tall and slender, just the cut and style would add pounds to you."

"Ladies, I don't do the wash in the house but I would think this would shrink in the dryer"

"Ladies, my wife is middle age and this clothing item is more for someone in their 20's"

and the list would go on and on......................{#emotions_dlg.lol}

At least, Dan would say it with a smooth, calm voice.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Kittie Kat1339188987.41740 PostsRegistered 6/18/2011

Sooner, I saw the same thing this morning--they were completely off topic--then jumped back to discussing the garment at hand. I rarely get to watch the morning show, but today my schedule was a little different. ITA, something needs to be done!

banjo1339197496.645243 PostsRegistered 6/16/2006Nebraska

I wish Pat could just do this show by herself.

You can tell who the strong women are, they are the ones building each other up, instead of tearing each other down!

karey1339201240.883283 PostsRegistered 3/13/2005

I agree, I like Pat. Jayne and Rachel are too dominant, and Pat ends up playing second fiddle to them. I hope they don't push Pat out cause it seems they are trying to. I really don't care for the show anymore. It's not the same anymore.

Closer11339209753.803885 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007

lol - I saw Pat send Rachel back to the FB corner. It was funny. Rachel was better in the beginning. Sadly, she has taken on the behavior of Nancy H. The "me,me" attitude abounds!

msnicky1339213794.787330 PostsRegistered 5/3/2010

I mentioned that Rachel had to go along time ago. She adds nothing to the show. It's awkward to see her by a computer not using it or it seems as though she's not interested in doing her job as the social media host for the day?? It's awkward and seems to get things off balance. Wake up call Rachel-it's not play time-its time to work. Pat is awkward at times but she needs to step up as well-she seems too complacent, and Jayne is kinda controlling but thats because everyone else seems to be timid about what they're doing. I want Rachel to find her way, but the morning show isn't the place, she's still struggling to sell??. I don't want to experience confusion, excessive cackeling or awkward moments first thing in the morning.{#emotions_dlg.confused1} Rachel needs to get stronger with her "own" selling style and skills and find her "own" place in the QVC host family. This comment isn't to put Rachel down, but I'm a tiny bit fustrated with the early morning "fashion" shows.

Page 1 of 5