Weekend Preview
137 Members and 10514 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Kate the model

Started 1335580411.293 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1335845026.093 by leehare
A beautiful woman, great body, why does she always purse her lips? Is that a model thing?

Page 1 of 2
RedConvert­ibleGirl1335580491.98314336 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

She's so pretty when she smiles.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

mydora1335581679.5871262 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

first I want to say I'm not bashing - about a year or so ago I thought she had invisible braces on when she started doing that - but I think she may have had something done so her lip would do that - that's the only thing I can think of why she does that - her lips never used to do that - just an observation

DebbieDD1335582264.5038109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004

I think she is trying to make her lips look fuller. Kate is a great model with a fabulous body. She wears clothes so well.

Closer11335582312.803885 PostsRegistered 6/29/2007
On 4/27/2012 mydora said:

first I want to say I'm not bashing - about a year or so ago I thought she had invisible braces on when she started doing that - but I think she may have had something done so her lip would do that - that's the only thing I can think of why she does that - her lips never used to do that - just an observation

I think she may feel a little awkward when the camera moves in for her close-up. Regardless, I think she is the most classic runway model on the Q. While not classically beautiful, her elegance and grace is compelling.

mydora1335582703.8971262 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

ITA, she does wear cloths beautifully

RJSENT1335583544.45507 PostsRegistered 3/18/2005
On 4/27/2012 mydora said:

ITA, she does wear cloths beautifully

Cloths??

chosenone21335583659.66730 PostsRegistered 1/25/2012

A while back on this site, I ventured to say that she DOES purse her lips when she is smiling,, and that she seemed to be trying to mimic Mary Kate and Ashley, the Olsen twins. They do that all the time. I still think that is what she is doing. Of course, as will happen on here, several people got really nasty on these boards and in essence, told me to mind my own business, that it was not a nice thing to say. Oh really? Too bad, the people on here don't have a thing to do with my opinions, I say what I think.

So, yes, she is still doing that, and looks like the Olsen twins! But, I do like watching Kate, she is an attractive girl.

mydora1335584789.8271262 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

rjsent - I know I misspelled clothes - thank you for the correction - but I'm sure you knew what I meant - who else do you criticize - I had a long stressful day at work - hope you never misspell anything

beach-mom1335584925.59715 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007Mid-Atlantic

I think it may be a "model thing." I've seen Victoria Beckham do it too! Smile

celebration1335585307.173717 PostsRegistered 11/8/2006rochester hills, mi & celebration, fl
On 4/27/2012 mydora said:

rjsent - I know I misspelled clothes - thank you for the correction - but I'm sure you knew what I meant - who else do you criticize - I had a long stressful day at work - hope you never misspell anything


mydora - maybe rjsent is a teacher and just can't help herself! LOL

"Women always try to tame themselves as they get older, but the ones who look best are often a little wilder."

Miuccia Prada

mydora1335585843.091262 PostsRegistered 2/11/2009

thank you celebration, but she should try -

baby burns1335586557.4138793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

kate is a great model, she can wear anthing, and make it look good! which is not easy to do, they are very lucky to have her.

downtoyou1335587035.047617 PostsRegistered 10/10/2011
On 4/27/2012 chosenone2 said:

A while back on this site, I ventured to say that she DOES purse her lips when she is smiling,, and that she seemed to be trying to mimic Mary Kate and Ashley, the Olsen twins. They do that all the time. I still think that is what she is doing. Of course, as will happen on here, several people got really nasty on these boards and in essence, told me to mind my own business, that it was not a nice thing to say. Oh really? Too bad, the people on here don't have a thing to do with my opinions, I say what I think.

So, yes, she is still doing that, and looks like the Olsen twins! But, I do like watching Kate, she is an attractive girl.

I agree with you. I thought of the Olsen twins too. It's a sort of "pull your cheeks in to accentuate your cheekbones and purse your lips at the same time to highlight them" look. If we all minded our own business we wouldn't have any business on here giving comments, would we? Because I recognize and comment on that familiar model look (reminds me of Ben Stiller's "blue steel") does not mean I have anything against this model.

Constant stranger
You're a brute you're an angel
You can crawl you can fly too
It's down to you
It all comes down to you ~ J.M.

Barbara in­ Virginia1335588714.0577824 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

Kate does runway modeling for Neimans.

Desertdi1335589374.82715947 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

Yes. Professional models have distinctive poses and struts. No two are exactly alike.

sparklestar1335590479.19310562 PostsRegistered 1/6/2008
On 4/27/2012 mydora said:

thank you celebration, but she should try -


Maybe someone appointed her "board spelling police" !!!!

upallnight11335594722.883882 PostsRegistered 3/21/2005the frozen tundra

downtoyou: Thank for the "Blue Steel" reminder. It made me smile. Yep, that's the model pose, LOL!

upallnight1

hot pink, sunshine yellow, nectarine, flamingo, hemp, crimson, tortoise jewelry...happily anticipating these upcoming Linea colors!

momcat1335614785.4936379 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

Yes, it's funny, and she is the only one my husband comments on as he passes thru the room. I won't bother to tell you the nickname he gave her because of her facial expressions. It's tacky.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

winamac11335614924.70730963 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Chantal and Kate both wear clothes beautifully. Suzanne does too. Chantal, imo, is the one who wears clothing the best.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

lizzief1335616559.5732619 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011
Thanks for your replies, Ladies. I guess I was right, it's a model thing, maybe she was trained that way(?), just kind of an odd thing to do, because she is so classicly pretty, especially when she smiles!

StylishLady1335619561.1974023 PostsRegistered 11/25/2009Florida

As I have said before, Kate reminds me of the models you'd see in the great old fashion magazines like Vogue, Glamour, etc. back in the 50's and 60's. She has her own distinctive style and most everything she wears looks great on her.

bopper1335621296.7314105 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I think Katia, Michelle, and Kate do other modeling also. Beautiful girls!

sugarflake1335625663.6531858 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007
On 4/27/2012 RJSENT said:
On 4/27/2012 mydora said:

ITA, she does wear cloths beautifully

Cloths??

AW! We all know what she means. I'm sure you do too.

downtoyou1335651732.26617 PostsRegistered 10/10/2011
On 4/28/2012 upallnight1 said:

downtoyou: Thank for the "Blue Steel" reminder. It made me smile. Yep, that's the model pose, LOL!

You're welcome. Gave me a good laugh too.

Constant stranger
You're a brute you're an angel
You can crawl you can fly too
It's down to you
It all comes down to you ~ J.M.

CaChica1335838533.8475895 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

Her expression has been discussed here before. In some of the old RLM Studio item pictures you can see that she has a scar that goes from her lip to nose. I can't think of the name of the surgery or birth deffect but there is a male actor that has a similar scar.

Page 1 of 2