Just-Reduced Clearance
162 Members and 11938 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

G.I.L.I fashion line

Started 1328547117 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1328642749.03 by PpprMintPatty

Missed Lisa's new show. Was this created by Lisa? Is she a designer now?

Page 1 of 1
summersage1328547321.512324 PostsRegistered 7/28/2010

I didn't see the show either, but from what I read, the line was "inspired" by Lisa. I don't know who the designer is.

I'm sure a lot of the other ladies on here know much more about it.

Summer

"most of the shadows of this life are caused by our standing in our own sunshine" Ralph Walso Emerson

catlvr1328547552.435807 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005

I think these clothes are based on some of the high end clothing that she owns.

GILI stands for Got It Love It or something like that.

catlvr

Alsee1328560326.1532377 PostsRegistered 11/21/2006

Nothing new or special - looks like everything else in the stores

DebbieDD1328560508.868109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004

These look like close copies of some Armani pieces. I would be interested to get the reviews on the quality and fit. The dress was cute but so ill fitting on Brenda...with the lining all bunched up under the hem of the dress.

momcat1328573664.686185 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

My understand of what this means is that QVC will copy pieces from designers. Got It, Love It, so I'll copy one for the peasants!! Susan Graver started this copy trend. lol

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

nantucket ­shore1328622838.9335551 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

It appears there's a problem with the sleeveless dress....the lining has no give and it's smaller than the dress (makes sense, it's a lining).

check out one of the reviews on it...if I'm reading this correct, the gal says she's "donating" it........wonder why she's not returning it???

imaclothes­hog1328623829.97321190 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006
On 2/7/2012 nantucket shore said:

It appears there's a problem with the sleeveless dress....the lining has no give and it's smaller than the dress (makes sense, it's a lining).

check out one of the reviews on it...if I'm reading this correct, the gal says she's "donating" it........wonder why she's not returning it???

IMO, QVC has intimidated a lot of women into keeping things that don't fit them or they don't really like, because of their new return policy. If you return what they consider too many items, you get a nasty "returns" letter telling you how horrible it is of you to return things. Then I guess if you keep making returns, they cancel your account. Maybe this poor woman is afraid to make another return and is donating the dress rather than return it.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

Zany1328640037.137158 PostsRegistered 3/15/2007

Whether copies of HE designs or not, the fit, construction and fabric looked shabby and the styles are from a few years back. But you get what you pay for, usally. Except on QVC you get inflated prices and a lot of hype and baloney (e.g., "...this stitching is so hard and so expensive to do" and "...these gathers make you look slim from all the way up here") and the "super-model host" says "this is sooooo aaahhhmaaaazing-aaahhhmaaaazing," and of course, "so limited that you just have to grab it." Got It Love It -- I don't think so.

DebbieDD1328642645.7738109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 2/7/2012 Amphitrite said:
On 2/7/2012 nantucket shore said:

IMO, QVC has intimidated a lot of women into keeping things that don't fit them or they don't really like, because of their new return policy. If you return what they consider too many items, you get a nasty "returns" letter telling you how horrible it is of you to return things. Then I guess if you keep making returns, they cancel your account. Maybe this poor woman is afraid to make another return and is donating the dress rather than return it.

I agree and am careful about my purchases but would never just keep something to try to avoid the letter. Can you imagine? Most of the time the returns are due to inferior products, used items, incorrect sizes/colors, etc.

I just checked the reviews and it appears that in this particular case, the dress was a gift. Perhaps this is why she chose to donate it. The more disturbing thing is that the reviews are NOT good. Too bad. I was hoping for something new and fresh for a change.

PpprMintPa­tty1328642749.0318639 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007Outside our Nation's Capitol

I knew there was something wrong with that dress. They try to cut too many corners on things.

~Formerly known as Danny~

Page 1 of 1