A Day of Vicenza Style(R)
138 Members and 13363 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

$1000 Faux Fur

Started 1321449289.97 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1321574192.64 by FlowershopGirl

Whoa! HSN is selling a Timeless Tisseval Faux Fur for $999.90. I'm sure it's nice, but I wonder what makes it so special that it is 5 times more expensive than other faux furs {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Page 1 of 1
Desertdi1321452783.5615829 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

I suspect it's a very rare breed of faux

Vamp1321452911.8111388 PostsRegistered 3/9/2007
On 11/16/2011 Desertdi said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ha! Good one.

darlight1321453510.0772324 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007NY

wow they need to go to fabulous furs they are gorgeous faux, expensive.. but not like this..

but its all too real looking for me so not interested.

though I would pay more for faux then real anyday ..

to pay for beauty without cruelty is an honorable thing!

Desertdi1321454043.25315829 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

I kinda like the fun-fakes, too. But I once told a co-worker I was wearing werewolf.....and the look of shock on her face was incredible.

nantucket ­shore1321461039.455628 PostsRegistered 10/14/2007

They are advertising it as "timeless" so it's good for 999 years which only makes it $1.00 a year....now, that's a great investment piece.

kimthib1321462945.897923 PostsRegistered 4/1/2006

Tissavel IS a much higher quality of faux fur--Pam McCoy used to have it in her line and the prices were comparable. I have a couple and they really are head and shoulders above run of the mill faux fur. Iman had a coat a couple of weeks ago with faux fur--I ordered it and sent it right back--it was the rattiest fur I've ever seen and it sold for $200.00. You get what you pay for, I guess!

Madisson1321463223.5372089 PostsRegistered 10/13/2011SoCal

I saw some very nice faux fur coats at the Burlington Coat Factory the other day when we were in Chicago. They even had some Dennis Basso. I looked online. They had faux fur, but no Dennis Basso online. I'll have to check out the Tissavel.

Kimthib ~~ Does the Tissavel shed like Dennis Basso's coats?

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

DebbieDD1321482428.328109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004

Kind of like comparing moissanite to cz's. Some will swear they are worth the price difference.

I have a short tissavel from Pam's collection which I got on super clearance and honestly do not see any difference from other good quality lines. I bought a Jones NY coat last year and it has a gorgeous hand equal to if not better than than the tissavel.

Jen S1321484937.492091 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010WI
On 11/16/2011 DebbieDD said:

Kind of like comparing moissanite to cz's. Some will swear they are worth the price difference.

I have a short tissavel from Pam's collection which I got on super clearance and honestly do not see any difference from other good quality lines. I bought a Jones NY coat last year and it has a gorgeous hand equal to if not better than than the tissavel.

Was yours Werewolf too??! {#emotions_dlg.lol} Just kidding! I thought that werewolf comment at work by Desertdi was priceless. When you wrote gorgeous hand - I thought.....well, you know - it was hanging from the werewolf. (I know....it's just been one of those days).

catlvr1321485877.595819 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005
On 11/16/2011 DebbieDD said:

DebbieDD you have the same or similar Jones coat that I just bought. I'm glad to hear that it compares to the Tissavel. I've been so tempted by the Tissavel but it was always just a bit too expensive.

catlvr

kimthib1321488056.65923 PostsRegistered 4/1/2006

The Tissavel that I have does NOT shed. I guess it just depends on the brand--I have some of Pam's that are NOT Tissavel that are very nice, too. I did order the Timeless, so I'll let you all know what I think. I bought the long black mink--I don't really like short faux furs. In general, I have learned to never buy Faux Furs from anyone but Pam anymore--Basso's STINK IMHO.

baginista1321489603.697642 PostsRegistered 3/8/2009

I was doing some research on faux furs last year and saw a good number that were in this price range or higher. I think the hsn timeless look much better than many I've seen by basso or mccoy. I would actually consider getting one if they had them in more stylish designs and the dyed fur lit this one that was all the rage last winter.

catlvr1321491057.8975819 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005

I got this one a few weeks ago and it looks and feels amazing. No shedding and every furrier detail is there.

catlvr

BaileyBop1321491461.0832541 PostsRegistered 2/20/2008

OMG, my sides hurt from laughing so hard and for sooooo long.

Buck-i-Nana1321492432.047818 PostsRegistered 9/26/2007South West Ohio

I just saw that line on the HSN website and popped over here to post a "holy moly" comment. Saw you beat me to it!

But hey, they're on "easy pay"!

Enjoying my retirement 1 cup of coffee at a time.

NOT invisible anymore, so get over it! I'm not gonna disappear :)

LoveDoggies1321493154.0622 PostsRegistered 3/10/2007

Hi everyone - I own 3 TISSAVEL Fur Replica Coats from Pam McCoy. All were over $500 brand new at the time I bought them. They are STUNNING! I also own at least 6 other Pam McCoy Fur Replica coats (not TIssavel), and they are all equally as beautiful. Also, I purchased a beautiful SIENNA STUDIO faux fur Coyote coat on Ebay, New with tags. It was sold on HSN yrs ago, and I found it on Ebay last year for much less than half HSN price. I have NEVER regretted the money I paid for any of these coats ever. And would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

I also own the 'Fabulous Furs' Shawl Collar, Faux Fur Replica, Sable, full length coat, and its AWESOME! Warmer then my Down coat. I live in Chicago NW Burbs, and this is my all time favorite very frigid cold weather coat. I've owned it for at least 8 yrs, never cleaned it, and it looks Brand new. And, yes, I paid about $500 for it brand new many yrs ago.

MANY strangers have stopped me and asked to "Touch/pet" my coats, and ask what type of FUR they are? Most do not believe they are NOT real. I have collected these Fur Replica coats over many yrs, and am very proud of my Collection.

Unlike real Furs, they dont have to be stored or cleaned as often. I place downy fabric softener sheets in the coat pockets and arms of my fur replicas in the spring, and place them in their breathable/fur storage bags. When I take them out in Fall, they are good as new & smell fresh!

I've purchased many Dennis Basso Faux Fur coats over the years, and returned every one of them. No offense to Dennis personally, of course! In my opinion, Pam McCoys Fur Replica Coats are the best made, and designed out there. Fabulous Furs are also very very very nice - the Signatuire Series coats (like the Faux Sable coat I own) are also made in the USA, in Kentucky.

I expect to have all 10 of my beautiful Faux Fur Replica coats for a lifetime. I wear them with Jeans, with dress clothes, I walk the dogs in them, I shovel snow in them, and I go shopping in them. I wear them EVERYWHERE - all the time!

I'll be closely watching the new TISSAVEL COAT line on HSN.... I cant wait to see them

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL HERE & STAY WAAAAARM THIS WINTER - I KNOW I WILL !

kimthib1321498424.33923 PostsRegistered 4/1/2006

Lovedoggies--Yay--Another Pam fan! Her coats and leathers are the BOMB! I have a few of her Tissavels from years past (the Persians) and I wouldn't trade them for a million dollars! They are stunning. Her styles are always so of the moment. I purchased a couple this year (obviously not Tissavel--I think she must have lost the license), but I love them just the same. I got the black one with the crochet layered collar--AMAZING! I also have the faux asian leopard that looks SO real it's almost unbelievable (not the one with the hood--I don't like hoods on fur coats--just me!). I haven't purchased a Basso coat (only had one, anyway) since I discovered Pam many years ago--his line used to be a lot nicer--I don't know what happened.

Desertdi1321510421.58315829 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Surface of the Sun

There is another thread on this that just came up........

bklynite1321511415.037111 PostsRegistered 5/16/2009

hey kimthib you answered my question on the hsn forums lol! i'm shoppernyc over there. anyhoo, all very interesting info. i purchased 2 DBs the other day and am anxious to get them but the tissavel just look amazing in the photos. i'm now curious about the pam ones. the pricing is kind of in between the DB and the tissavel.

ok, just purchased the black mink jacket even though it's not being presented on tonight's show. who is this hsn host though? what a nutter. justified it by using my $50 off coupon and going through mr. rebates for another 8% off. hey it's something.

Last edited on 11/17/2011

Last edited on 11/17/2011

DebbieDD1321532590.5478109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 11/16/2011 catlvr said:

I got this one a few weeks ago and it looks and feels amazing. No shedding and every furrier detail is there.

catlvr

You must be anxious for it to get colder;). You are going to love it and all the compliments. I honestly don't get the tissavel hype but to each his/her own. Personally I am not trying to fool anyone into thinking these fauxs are really (anyone who knows anything about fur would never be fooled anyway...by ANY of them) I just want something beautiful, stylish and warm.

wilma1321562453.5513128 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007
On 11/16/2011 Vamp said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Ha! Good one.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I agree.

KathyPet1321570115.0838110 PostsRegistered 1/25/2006Beautiful Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

It's really hard to get those Tissavel's to breed!

Deep inside me is a skinny woman crying to get out. I can usually shut her up with cookies!!

catlvr1321571202.8635819 PostsRegistered 5/5/2005
On 11/17/2011 DebbieDD said:
On 11/16/2011 catlvr said:

catlvr

You must be anxious for it to get colder;). You are going to love it and all the compliments. I honestly don't get the tissavel hype but to each his/her own. Personally I am not trying to fool anyone into thinking these fauxs are really (anyone who knows anything about fur would never be fooled anyway...by ANY of them) I just want something beautiful, stylish and warm.

I wore it out shopping on Sunday and yes, loads of compliments. I agree with you that I don't try to pass it off as fur. I just think of it as another kind of fabric that can be used to make outerwear. I love it.

catlvr

LoveDoggies1321571487.38322 PostsRegistered 3/10/2007

kimthib: Yes! I am a Pam Mccoy Fur Replica fan !!!!! With the exception of my 'Fabulous Furs' Sable coat - all my Fur replica coats are from Pams designs. The TISSAVELS are ooooooh so soft, unbelievably soft, and real looking. Wish I could afford more this year now that they're on HSN, but this seasons budget doesnt allow for it, darnit! Can a girl ever have too many Fabulous Fur Replica coats? Smile

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Flowershop­Girl1321574192.642661 PostsRegistered 3/30/2011OR

It is made well, thick and rich and feels wonderful and even has the tipping like the real thing as well as made in detail around the pockets and hooks and lining like the expensive good quality genuine fur but at a fraction of the price and best of all, isn't genuine for those of us who love the look but love the animal more.

I compared mine to my mom's beautiful genuine fur and it is equal in quality for a replica.

Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog;
but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog.

Douglas Mallock

Page 1 of 1