Shoes & Handbags Offers
94 Members and 11367 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Does Anyone Know Where Terri Lewis Is Now?

Started 1312859865.093 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1313049717.963 by insomniac
Last year I got some great fitting leather coats from designer Terri Lewis. She was over on HSN. She's no longer there. Does anyone have any idea where she went?

Page 1 of 2
humpty dum­pty1312860647.724052 PostsRegistered 8/19/2007Western PA

did you try to google her? ....

- Good enough is good enough!! -

jpie1312861386.441775 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007

She has a few items but they are on e-bay.

She is no longer with HSN.

fussi1312864087.92314 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006

FUNNY i WAS JUST THINKING OF HER TODAY AND WAS GOING TO POST A QUESTION AS TO WHAT HAPPENED TO HER. sHE WAS ON hsn SO OFTEN AT ONE TIME.?

annabellet­hecat1312865324.38713721 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
She made the most amazing leather coats and jackets! They were a perfect fit. One thing I liked about her jackets (I only bought the leather ones) is that the sleeves were made so you could open them up. I must have short arms because I hate the way so many coats are too long in the sleeves. I was just looking in my closet (the entire closet is filled with coats, jackets and 3/4 of them are leather! A lot of them are a size 2X. That size is too big for me! It makes me sick! I haven't had the heart to try them on yet! I'm going to givew them (it must be (I swear to you) at least 35-40 coats that won't fit. I love leather coats and purses. I even bought her leather gloves that they sold that matches the coats! I think I will google her. I won't buy clothes that someone else has worn. I just bought a CAT Xing sign for my kitty on ebay. But I won't buy clothes. If anyone sees where she is let me know. Thanks, Annabelle! ps Some of these coats I never even wore. One rule I have to anyone I give things to is that they can never sell it. Give it away, but never sell it. That helps me feel better about all of the money I spend.

Aunt Oly1312866200.091152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
<h3 id="post-11179"> Former HSN Designer Terry Lewis Is Back On-Air On The Designer Goods Network</h3> <small>November 27, 2010</small>

Former HSN vendor and host Terry Lewis has a new gig.

The popular designer, who did the Classic Luxuries line for HSN and abruptly exited the home shopping network earlier this year, has joined an operation called the Designer Goods Network. It will have its first live broadcast, mainly on satellite services, on Cyber Monday. But the show will also be streamed live online.

She posted the news Saturday morning on her Facebook page.

“I cannot wait to finally reconnect to the many customers who have sent such kind messages… Well I am back… Designer Goods Network airs live 8-11pm on cable, Dish, Direct TV and on line,” Lewis wrote. “Exotic, European bags, sunglasses and much more all discounted. I cannot wait to show off our fabulous styles. I will be your style expert!”

Then in a second post she wrote, “I’d like to invite every lady who loves stylish accessories to join me on the Designer Goods Network. We are featuring Exotic, European handbags, designer watches, sparkling table toppers all at huge discounts. The show airs live Cyber Monday, 8-11pm on various cable and satellite stations including Dish and Direct tv, but can be accessed on line.”

The network is based in Florida, just like HSN.

Here is what its website says about it.

Hate crowds, dressing rooms and overpriced merchandise? Then you’ll love Designer Goods Network. Designer Goods Network is a live shopping channel that allows you to save 40 to 80 percent off Top Designer brands including Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana and Fendi.

Tune into the first-ever live broadcast from TVGoods’ studio in sunny Clearwater, Florida on Cyber Monday, November 29th, 2010 from 8:00pm-11:00pm EST. The broadcast will air on DIRECTV, DISH Network, Resorts and Residence TV, My Family TV, R&R TV, and over 90 television stations around the country. The live show will also be broadcast online at www.designergoodsnetwork.com

Don’t miss out on these hot holiday deals! Designer Goods Network only has limited quantities of these high-end brand names, so don’t miss your chance to save bundles on designer sunglasses, bags, accessories, and shoes. Tune in from 8:00-11:00pm EST on November 29th, 2010.

Lewis’s loyal HSN fans have been blasting the home shopping network for letting her go. They miss Lewis’s fine leather coats and jackets. So do we.

Aunt Oly1312866375.041152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
<h3 id="post-10859"> The Wall Street Journal On HSN Honcho Mindy Grossman, Why Home Shopping Is Hot And ‘Pooh-Poohing’ Designers</h3>

<small>November 11, 2010</small>

Did you realize it’s “The Golden Age of TV Shopping”?

We know, we’ve been telling you that for more than a year now, but The Wall Street Journal made it official Thursday, with a big feature with that “Golden Age” headline.

It looks like Journal reporter Elizabeth Holmes actually plopped her butt onto a plane and made the trek to St. Petersburg, Fla., to find out exactly why upscale designers such as Reem Acra (who is so high-end we had never heard of her), Mark Badgley and James Mischka, and Naeem Khan are now selling their wares on HSN. In the past, they were selling their duds to celebs like Angelina Jolie and Halle Berry.

The Journal story mainly focuses on HSN and its evolution (which has some irate customers wanting to start a revolution) under the helm of CEO Mindy Grossman. But it also references the market’s dominant player, QVC, and its hip vendors such as razor-thin celebrity stylist Rachel Zoe and “Mad Men” costume designer Janie Bryant.

Your's truly with designing team Mark Badgley and James Mischka, who are a big part of The Journal's home shopping story

As usual in one of these home-shopping-networks-are-no-longer-downscale stories, we have the usual quotes from Acra and Khan (who has designed for First Lady Michelle knocking electronic home — that is before they swallowed the Kool-Aid.

“I never watched it before,” Acra told The Journal, referring to HSN. “I pooh-poohed it. But now look at it. There are items I would want every single day.”

Ah, a true believer now.

Naeem Khan's $870 bag for HSN

Then the story gets to the obvious: High-end designers have gone to HSN because they can move a lot of product on it, which is pretty crucial when sales for upsale goods have crashed. Mischka told Rupert Murdoch’s financial rag that Badgley Mischka sold 18,000 units of one particular jacket on HSN. It would take a lot of couture gowns to ring up that kind of revenue. Volume, volume, volume.

We did learn a few things from The Journal, like that HSN keeps track of sales by the minutes, and uses that “intel,” as Jack Bauer would say, to guide hosts. The story says that when HSN host Bobbi Ray Carter mentioned the quality of one of Acra’s jackets, it’s sales shot up. So HSN had Ray talk in more detail about the material in the piece.

HSN chief Mindy Grossman

The article talks quite a bit about Nike veteran Grossman, who came on board to HSN in 2006 and began making it more fashion-forward by courting a host of big-name designers.

Grossman did her research, asking people about HSN, and told The Journal she got three responses, “Some who shopped, some who didn’t, some who did but they whispered that they did.””

We never whispered, Mindy! We were always loud and proud about our HSN and QVC purchases, despite being surrounded by snobby Manhattanites (most of whom where transplants from the Midwest).

The Journal story goes on about Grossman, saying, “The new CEO cleaned house, shedding brands that she didn’t think made sense for the network.”

We guess the “shedding” refers to the exits of vendors like Suzanne Somers, Terry Lewis, Beyonce’s mom Tina Knowles and a parade of others. The departure of Terry Lewis and her Classic Luxuries line still has some HSN shoppers calling for Grossman to be drawn and quartered.

We did get a kick out of the anecdote in the story about Mischka “falling off the stage” the first time he and his partner Badgley appeared on HSN. But unfortunately for viewers, the camera wasn’t on him when that little mishap took place.

Aunt Oly1312866387.6571152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
<h3 id="post-10693"> Former HSN Fashion Designer Terry Lewis’s Fans Are Clamoring To Find Her Clothes</h3>

<small>November 1, 2010</small>

Ex-HSN clothing designer Terry Lewis is gone from the network but not forgotten. Her former customers at the home shopping channel are clamoring for her to continue her Classic Luxuries line, which included a lot of reasonably priced and gorgeous leather jackets, coats and pants.

We have two of her leather coats and two pairs of her leather pants (yes, we still rock leather pants and wear our hair long, like Dominique Browning) in our closet.

HSN customers have bombarded Lewis’s Facebook page, asking where they can restock their wardrobes with her clothes.

“Terry where can we buy your fabulous goods now?” one woman posted on Facebook.

“Terry, whats going on, I need my new fall/winter coats,” wrote another. “Where can I buy? Where are you, Girl? Whats a girl to do this winter???? Urghhhh.”

Added another, “Where are you now that you are no longer on HSN… I was looking forward to purchasing a cool jacket.”

We own a pair Terry's leather pants like these, but in black

But these folks haven’t gotten any answers from Lewis. We didn’t, either, when we first contacted her in September.

Our blog about her joining the parade of vendors leaving HSN has more than 50 comments on it from her enraged fans.

“This is shocking, and sad!,” one woman posted on our blog. “I have literally dozens of her coats and accessories, jeans, sweaters…and I’m always ready to buy more. What is going on with HSN? ‘The Liza Minnelli’ collection? Really? I hope Terry Lewis will show up with her beautiful fashions at another venue–I’ll be right there with her.”

Another Lewis fan wrote, “HSN seems to have forgotten about ‘ Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver but the other’s gold.’ Terry Lewis is solid gold and I’m not talking technibond. I am sad to see The New Direction. It is as if the designers and the customers who got HSN off the ground are being shown the door. Not so warm and fuzzy. Hope that HSN can strike a balance between the established vendors and the newer ones. Oh well, life in the big city, I guess. Thanks Terry, Maggie and Storybook.”

Another chimed in, “Like many others i too would like to know what happened to terry lewis. i have more than a hundred of her items, she is a fantastic designer and her clothes are classic and thats really what fashion saavy customers like about her designs. i feel hsn has made a big mistake getting rid of her. new designer like curations have nothing like the quality of terry’s fashions. curation item are cheaply made and too expensive.”

And another, “I just called HSN and was told that Terri was no longer there. I was all set to buy 2 leather jackets. I’m done with HSN. Terri took that network to another level. They are going to regret this one because this decison is definitely going to lose customers for them.”

Well, you get the idea.

Lewis, who is actually a former HSN host, was one of the vendors that exited as part of the regime of HSN CEO Mindy Grossman, who was looking to add brand names to her network.

Aunt Oly1312866434.471152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
<h3 id="post-9923"> Former HSN Apparel Vendor Terry Lewis Has Surfaced On Facebook</h3>

<small>September 9, 2010</small>

We finally found former HSN vendor Terry Lewis — on Facebook.

Lewis’s name popped up Wednesday on our Facebook page because we have some friends in common, and we e-mailed her asking what she was up to and if her devoted HSN fans could buy her clothing line anyplace anymore.

Lewis, a former HSN host whose own line, Classic Luxuries, was discontinued on the No. 2 home shopping network, e-mailed us back but didn’t spill the beans about what she is up to.

“You may ask your friends to identify themselves as customers and I will friend them,” Lewis wrote us. “I am only now joining facebook…Far too busy before. Thanks for your support.”

That was it.

Like us, Lewis was reluctant to join Facebook.

“All of my friends and family who see this are gonna say Oh my God she did it,” Lewis says on her page. “I said I’d never join a social networking site. Here I go… My line was ‘why hide behind a computer’?

She only has about 20 friends so far, but they include HSN hosts Colleen Lopez, Chris Scanlon, Shivan Sarna and ShopNBC vendor and former HSN host Judy Crowell.

Prior to the Facebook connection, we were going to call a phone number we had found for Lewis’s company, which was based in Tampa.

But Lewis’s Facebook profile says she is now in Greenwood, S.C.

jpie1312866440.2031775 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007

Great detective work Aunt Oly!

Aunt Oly1312866665.7531152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
On 8/8/2011 jpie said:

Just call me Encyclopedia Brown {#emotions_dlg.lol}

jpie1312866892.521775 PostsRegistered 7/3/2007
On 8/8/2011 Aunt Oly said:
On 8/8/2011 jpie said:

Just call me Encyclopedia Brown {#emotions_dlg.lol}

No doubt, very impressive posts.

winamac11312886337.87730434 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

Thanks Aunt Oly! I loved Terry. I own a closet full of her jackets--many of them bought at such incredibly low prices that it's almost unbelievable. I loved her lamb leather. She also had nice shoes and bags.

"Friends don't let friends...drink white zinfandel"

darlight1312895911.4872323 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007NY

I did not care for her at all,

Her sttuff was was same as any other and real to boot.

(no real here, found great alternatives)

But aside from her involvement in using lamb etc I truly dissliked her attitude.

She seemed to talk down to the hosts and models. As though she was superior in some way.

Last edited on 8/9/2011

Last edited on 8/9/2011

MENTL1312897011.0271095 PostsRegistered 10/21/2006EARTH
On 8/9/2011 darklight said:

But aside from her involvement in using lamb etc I truly dissliked her attitude.

She seemed to talk down to the hosts and models. As though she was superior in some way.

Last edited on 8/9/2011

Couldn't stand her either! Plus she was scary looking.

AngelLove21312902327.642599 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

Loved Terry and the quality of her leather jackets. Appreciated that her arm lengthens weren't too long.

annabellet­hecat1312950337.1913721 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
Aunt Oly! I don't know what you do for a living, but the Government needs you! You are amazing! Thank you! Good grief! Why isn't she designing and selling her clothing! Someone said she was scary looking! They must not remember her! She was beautiful! Oh! I haven't had the nerve to try on her coats! I have one that is winter white and has leather whip stitching around the entire jacket! The leather is incredible! I love it! The only designer who comes close to her is Bradley Bayou. I have a lot of his coats too. I have a few of Lewis' coats. I went into my coat closet yesterday and just stood there and smelled the lea ther. I know, it's stupid, but I just love leather coats. The faux leather does not breathe. I understand why people buy it, but I bought one Susan Graver faux one last year and never wore it. Way too hot! It doesn't breathe. I'd give some of these things away to people here on these boards, but I am afraid they'd sell them on ebay. That would make me sick! Anyway, I don't know your size Aunt Oly, but I'd give you one because you are so amazing. I'm serious. I've given things to 2 other women here but that was a few years ago. I can understand why people are leary about giving out their names, but I even met with one of the ladies her name is/was Cheri and she knew everything known to man about Beauty products. I have tons of Joy Mangano hangers, I snt both of them a few hangers so they could test them out. Anyway, keep in touch Aunt Oly and if she shows up let me know and if you want a size 2X barely used (some never used coat, I'll send it to you, and I'll pay shipping. You went way above and beyond and I appreciate it!!

Peg551312951965.811543 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 8/9/2011 MENTL said:
On 8/9/2011 darklight said:

Last edited on 8/9/2011

Couldn't stand her either! Plus she was scary looking.

i definitely agree! She felt superior to everyone and had this high fluenten attitude. I never liked her. didn't care for her clothing line at all.

Aunt Oly1312952927.971152 PostsRegistered 5/21/2011
On 8/9/2011 annabellethecat said: Aunt Oly! I don't know what you do for a living, but the Government needs you! You are amazing! Thank you! Good grief! Why isn't she designing and selling her clothing! Someone said she was scary looking! They must not remember her! She was beautiful! Oh! I haven't had the nerve to try on her coats! I have one that is winter white and has leather whip stitching around the entire jacket! The leather is incredible! I love it! The only designer who comes close to her is Bradley Bayou. I have a lot of his coats too. I have a few of Lewis' coats. I went into my coat closet yesterday and just stood there and smelled the lea ther. I know, it's stupid, but I just love leather coats. The faux leather does not breathe. I understand why people buy it, but I bought one Susan Graver faux one last year and never wore it. Way too hot! It doesn't breathe. I'd give some of these things away to people here on these boards, but I am afraid they'd sell them on ebay. That would make me sick! Anyway, I don't know your size Aunt Oly, but I'd give you one because you are so amazing. I'm serious. I've given things to 2 other women here but that was a few years ago. I can understand why people are leary about giving out their names, but I even met with one of the ladies her name is/was Cheri and she knew everything known to man about Beauty products. I have tons of Joy Mangano hangers, I snt both of them a few hangers so they could test them out. Anyway, keep in touch Aunt Oly and if she shows up let me know and if you want a size 2X barely used (some never used coat, I'll send it to you, and I'll pay shipping. You went way above and beyond and I appreciate it!!

Thank you...you make me blush!

My Quigs1312973117.76136 PostsRegistered 11/17/2008So California

Is designer goods network still in business. I don't have direct tv, etc., so I decided to check out their website. What came up was infinitestyle dot com. The website didn't mention anything about linkage to any tv retailing. Wonder if they are out of business?

winamac11312974851.75330434 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana

I don't think she was snotty at all. She had a bit of an "air" about her, but I didn't find her "high flutin", LOL. I admired her passion for her line.

Her line wasn't as good the last year or so, but earlier on I bought a lot of gorgeous jackets from her.

rietzel1312975787.891753 PostsRegistered 8/17/2006

I never found her snotty. She had been a host on HSN for 10 + years when she started designing. The host and models are her friends. Why would she be snotty? I have several of her suede jackets and they are gorgeous.

As for someone saying she was scary looking???? Are you serious? In what way. She is an attractive over 40 women with a great figure. I think she looks wonderful.

winamac11312976036.2930434 PostsRegistered 12/29/2010Indiana
On 8/10/2011 rietzel said:

I never found her snotty. She had been a host on HSN for 10 + years when she started designing. The host and models are her friends. Why would she be snotty? I have several of her suede jackets and they are gorgeous.

As for someone saying she was scary looking???? Are you serious? In what way. She is an attractive over 40 women with a great figure. I think she looks wonderful.

Hi Rietzel-I, too, thought that "scrary" comment was so bizarre. I thought she was very attractive.

LipstickDi­va1312982321.26737479 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I never found Terry Lewis to have a superior attitude but I have read that a lot about her.

I also thought her quality took a nose dive the last year she was at HSN.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Peg551312983368.6571543 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

yes, she was scarey looking; not attractive at all. her husband was; I believe he worked for Tony Little.

She did feel superior and had her nose up in the air. Bought one item of hers and threw it out! never again. She was over priced also.

chrystaltr­ee1312983821.3311990 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010

Actually, Terry Lewis did play the "high and mighty" "nose up in the air" "my doodoo doesn't stink" role. I didn't care for her snooty personality at all. But I love, love, loved her leathers and suedes. Over the years, I built an amazing collection of Terry Lewis and Pam McCoy jackets. That was the downside of losing 70lbs; I'll never be able to rebuild that collection.

Page 1 of 2