TSV(R) Preview
133 Members and 11451 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Uh oh.. does anyone wear the Orthaheel flip-flops?

Started 1308768861.647 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1309065111.183 by baby burns

Ii bought them thinking they would be oh so comfy for running around NY, but I put them on today for the first time and my tootsies are saying they like the dime store flip-flops better. Does anyone own these? Can you tell me if it took you time to get used to them? I don't like it when the shoes tell my feet what they're supposed to be doing, but maybe I'll change my mind after a couple of days. I'd love some feedback. thanks ~

>^..^< house cat

Page 1 of 1
dal1308769886.0433604 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Indiana

Yeah, I have these and bought them because I'm a runner and figured these would be better for my legs when I'm not running since they take a lot of abuse - they feel kind of weird to me though and definitely take some getting used to. I have a pair of fit flops I bought a couple years ago that are much more foot friendly and comfortable, but supposedly these are doing something good for my alignment - ? Not sure but I wouldn't wear them for a long time since they really aren't that comfy - guess my legs like the cheapies too!! Give me some havianas any day....

ibb381308770107.08312385 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Tony Little's flip flops on hsn are the best- they're called Cheeks. I have them- my teen tried to steal mine so I bought her ones also! They have the arch support built into the footbed- I can't wear the traditional flip flops for very long becasue I need the support.

house_cat1308770531.5638159 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

Thanks, ladies. Let me ask you another question. I almost never return anything, but if I wear these a few times and find they are still hurting my feet, can I still return them? They were quite pricey.

>^..^< house cat

Daiseyb1308770601.6031843 PostsRegistered 11/2/2007Tallahassee, Florida

I love mine. I ordered them when they were the TSV and they were perfect for me right out of the box. They are so comfortable and the arch support hits in the exactly right spot for me. I've been looking around to get more Orthaheels in different styles and I want to get the slippers for this winter.

I'm sorry you aren't comfortable with yours. There was zero break-in time for me.

I think as long as your are within the thirty days you can return them. I have returned shoes before - I just had to pay for the return shipping.

Last edited on 6/22/2011

Last edited on 6/22/2011

house_cat1308770693.3378159 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California
On 6/22/2011 Daiseyb said:

I love mine. I ordered them when they were the TSV and they were perfect for me right out of the box. They are so comfortable and the arch support hits in the exactly right spot for me. I've been looking around to get more Orthaheels in different styles and I want to get the slippers for this winter.

I'm sorry you aren't comfortable with yours. There was zero break-in time for me.

Hmmm.. that's interesting. Maybe it's because my feet are so used to the really cheap ones with no support whatsoever.

>^..^< house cat

lilypad31308770727.877971 PostsRegistered 5/17/2005

I bought the tsv flip flops and I really like them. There was little break-in time for me.

shelzor1308770849.5575 PostsRegistered 12/20/2007

I purchased a pair of the thong sandals and find them to be very comfortable. I did have to get used to them....wore them for a few hours at a time the first few days. I have fallen arches and find that I stand differently and feel my posture is better. When cooking or doing dishes and standing on the tile floor in my kitchen....after about 15 minutes (wearing slippers, sneakers or other sandals) my back would start to ache. These shoes alleviated the problem and I have to say I was really surprised.

california­momofthree1308771171.5735468 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010
On 6/22/2011 lilypad3 said:

I bought the tsv flip flops and I really like them. There was little break-in time for me.

I agree with lilypad3: I also ordered them as a TSV. They took a few minutes to get use to, but I've worn them several times (for the whole day each time) and they don't bug me. I think some of the Ryka slides/sandals are more "foot-friendly" right outta the box, but then again, I'm always in and out of my shoes all day (no shoes in my home is the rule), so I can only base it on errands and running about town. I kept mine and don't avoid wearing them. Whenever I have shoes I avoid wearing, Goodwill here they come! lol

house_cat1308772027.6478159 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

I've been wearing them in the house for the past two hours and I'm beginning to get used to them ever so slowly. I have some errands to run later, and I'll wear them tomorrow, then they're coming to NY with me on Friday. I'm packing other shoes, so if I don't get used to them, it won't be tragic. I do hope it alleviates the back strain because I never had back problems before, but I'm noticing it when I stand around cooking for a long time.. I guess I'm getting old... did I say that out loud?

>^..^< house cat

dal1308772887.953604 PostsRegistered 11/15/2007Indiana

I would certainly think you could return them as long as you are within the 30 days. I think part of my problem with them is my foot is "thin" and there is gapping between the upper ribbon part of the shoe and my foot so it's not a real snug fit and my foot moves around when I walk more than regular flip flops.

I Teach Too1308773134.89311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 6/22/2011 delilah_ said:

Thanks, ladies. Let me ask you another question. I almost never return anything, but if I wear these a few times and find they are still hurting my feet, can I still return them? They were quite pricey.

I returned mine. I tried to wear them for a period of time just in the house. The toe section rubbed until the toe almost started to bleed. They went back!

Last edited on 6/22/2011

Last edited on 6/22/2011

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

house_cat1308773778.78159 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California
On 6/22/2011 dal said:

I would certainly think you could return them as long as you are within the 30 days. I think part of my problem with them is my foot is "thin" and there is gapping between the upper ribbon part of the shoe and my foot so it's not a real snug fit and my foot moves around when I walk more than regular flip flops.

They're even a little loose on me, and I don't have a narrow foot. I'm wearing my regular size 6.

>^..^< house cat

california­momofthree1308774003.4635468 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

delilah_: Shhhhhhhhhhhh!! (I said the same words "out loud" the other night and I almost passed out shortly afterward lol) I think our biology just makes adjustments (ahem) over time, that's all.

I didn't answer your return question, but others said what I would've: within 30 days, worn or unworn, you can return. I know you hate to do this, as do most of us, but if something is causing you physical discomfort, that's exactly the time to make use of that liberal return policy they tout.

GreenEyedG­irl1308775749.3332143 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Beautiful Maryland

I like mine now, although there was SOME break in time. I read that I was supposed to start out slow and add more time each day, so I did.

I had some adjustment, but not much, to the arch. Most of my adjustment was to the thong. I don't usually wear thongs, so, I had to break that part of the shoe in. Or did it break in my foot?

I bought my elderly mother in law a pair. She complains of chronic pains, in her back and legs - forget what its called - siatica (?) She said they made her feel better! They are supposed to help with your alignment.

I'm interested in other styles. Especially the cute leather ones with the flower on the toe.

I'm wearing mine now - all is well! Give them a chance, little by little! Good luck!

"It's never too late to be who you were meant to be."

Krimpette1308775938.97710182 PostsRegistered 9/7/2007MidAtlantic

I've never been a fan of flip flops, but I decided to try these because of the support, and because I was looking for something to just slip into quickly. I thought I'd need the break-in time, but only did that for one day. I love them!

violann1308780661.6412723 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
I LOVE THEM,!!!!! I wear Birks all he time, and these are a nice break. If you still have a day or two before you have to send them back, keep trying. I think they really are good for the feet, and more important for your knees and hips. They do help me stand up straighter too. Hope you are successful either way.

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

Alexia1308781729.177181 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007

I absolutely love these shoes. I know what you mean in the beginning but I couldn't be without them. I have hip problems and fallen arches and they are really helping me with walking. I love wearing them in the house, standing at the sink doing stuff. Couldn't do without them now. I also ordered a pair of Sole flips and they are really nice too. I would definitely keep them. I cannot wear any cheap flips after wearing these. Enjoy:)

Spiritspri­te1308781967.7477 PostsRegistered 6/22/2011PA.

I've been wearing mine off and on, for about 4 weeks. They definitely have me walking 'taller', and pleasantly change my posture from the feet up through my hips and back.

However, I find I can't wear them for any long term walking as the ribbon type strap over the top of my foot causes redness and soreness. I kept them as they are great around the house.

I also wear birki's all the time, and this is a nice change for my feet. ;-)

Frances Keller

house_cat1308785500.4938159 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

You girls are grea! The feedback you get on this forum can't be beat! Thanks everyone! I just came back from wearing them to the dentist and a few shopping errands and I have to say that I think I'm getting used to them and I think I'll probably wind up liking them. What's remarkable about them is that they really have no heel to speak of, yet I feel quite a bit taller when I have them on {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

>^..^< house cat

sugarflake1309023770.0631859 PostsRegistered 6/9/2007
On 6/22/2011 Daiseyb said:

I think as long as your are within the thirty days you can return them. I have returned shoes before - I just had to pay for the return shipping.

Last edited on 6/22/2011

I tried ECCO sandals from Nordstrom. They are fabulous and are on line. Conform to foot. Plan on getting more. I have gotten lots of tips fom these threads so thought I would share.

blondegirl1309024057.3131787 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

I had no break in time but will tell you this - if you are used to totally flat shoes with no arch support and went to a doctor and got orthotics they would tell you to wear them like an hour a day and remove them and slowly increase. I see that this could be similar to what you are experiencing. I wear orthotics in my shoes so am used to it.

baby burns1309065111.1738793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i cannot wear mine, i thought they would have leather for the toes, this ribbon design is not for me, it hurts, i keep trying but i do not like that ribbon, rubbing my toes. i have worn flip flops forever, always look for leather in-between the toes, i guess i should have asked. i have nerve damage in the right leg, and have to be so careful with my shoes. its a pain in the neck. sure was hoping they would be perfect for me. oh well live and learn.

Page 1 of 1