TSV(R) Preview
131 Members and 11678 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Linea Line of a clothing

Started 1301777062.477 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1302176310.03 by rietzel

Can someone tell me why there is so little inventory in louis's clothing? I was unable to order anything from his last show because everything was sold out by the time i got home and to the computer. I really wanted the crepe outfit and the navy crop pants and matching jacket but its gone and and the pants say sold out, does that mean no reorders?

Page 1 of 5
crdlb1301778617.5113165 PostsRegistered 6/24/2009So. Cal.

The simple answer is that the Q does not order enough of his stock to fill demand. Why that is we have yet understand.

What we do know is that if Louis is having a show, you need to order at the stroke of midnight to ensure that you get something you want. Most of the time, you'll only have a description to go on, not even a picture.

Keep checking back to see if what you want comes back into stock. There will be no reorders until next Spring, if at all. It's a sad situation. You'd think this stuff was made of gold they way they ration it out to us.

JustJazzmom1301779518.66728141 PostsRegistered 11/12/2007My garden, of course!!

Louis has a blog in which he posts ahead of time the detailed descriptions of the clothing to be showcased on the upcoming programs. Here is the link to read the descriptions of the clothing on the upcoming show.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼

adelle381301779621.2578853 PostsRegistered 12/22/2007

QVC orders any item based on the expected number of sales. If there were more demand(and I don't mean just a handful of people) they would stock more of any product.

"Beware of false knowledge. It is more dangerous than ignorance."
GB Shaw

crdlb1301780269.3113165 PostsRegistered 6/24/2009So. Cal.
On 4/2/2011 Donna Stone said:

QVC orders any item based on the expected number of sales. If there were more demand(and I don't mean just a handful of people) they would stock more of any product.

Wrong

gardensla1301780680.51719451 PostsRegistered 9/7/2006Los Angeles, CA

I don't want to seem argumentative but I don't think this is true. Just look at the full range of sizes and colors available in some lines--those orders would have been placed 'based on the expected number of sales' as well and here the Q just plain got it wrong. How many time lately have we seen a tsv pulled early in the day because it wasn't selling? Donna, even if you aren't a fan of the line, can you not even concede that is is possible, considering the near total sell outs of recently added items as well as the very broken inventory available of past items, that the Q is not in sinc with the demand for this line?

Fortīs fortūna adiuvat

chprsp1301780842.064197 PostsRegistered 9/5/2007

Fresh kitty, I suggest checking Louis' website and ordering prior to the shows the items you really want. The last show, items were up just before midnight ET.

rietzel1301918824.1171753 PostsRegistered 8/17/2006

I would think if the Q felt they could sell them they would order more.

queendiva1301920090.9033448 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

History shows that they CAN sell his clothes, the vast majority of which have 5-star reviews. Louis KNOWS his customers. Q buyers need to listen and trust him more, as he communicates directly with us through his blog and knows what we want. Some of the Linea Ladies order everything, I order all the items that suit my taste, body and lifestyle. Linea is never stuck in my closet. It is so wearable, comfortable, flattering and beautifully made.

DebbieDD1301921223.4478109 PostsRegistered 10/18/2004
On 4/4/2011 rietzel said:

Q seems to feel that they could sell tons of Isaac's stuff and order tons{#emotions_dlg.laugh}... Would be nice if they were more in sync with what is actually in demand and order accordingly.

queendiva1301922495.563448 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

How true!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

mostwanted1301928361.481247 PostsRegistered 8/28/2006

How naive you are....QVC's fashion staff underestimated the sophistication of many of its customers. I am not a Susan Graver person and will never be...but many people are...so it seems QVC thought if you were a certain age, you were a Bob Mackie Gal or you were a Susan Graver Gal....well, NO...some of us gals require a bit more sophistication. And, we simply had to look harder to find Louis on QVC...it was hard to find his shows (what shows???). We are not just a handful of women and if he had full shows on a constant basis, younger career women would be able to find and buy his designs. They do stock more product, the more they sell..but did you note the woman couldn't find stock because it was sold out? How can he build his base customer constituency if QVC will not manufacture more stock each season...chicken egg, egg chicken????

Anybody who does research in group demographics will tell you women our age are the most loyal customer...we know what we like and we will buy it. Check the voting booth and see who is the most consistent voter year after year. And last time I looked women are getting older, not younger. But they still want to look stylish while looking their age.

It is critical that QVC invest in this designer, who probably more than any designer on QVC duplicates the exact fashion that you find at Neiman, Bergdorfs and Saks on any given day. His classics are clearly competitive with the fashions you find in those stores. His anorak this season is a classic...I bought the black and the Sage and will wear them for years along with many of his jackets and pants. I have been trying to figure out how some women could photograph their bodies/no faces and send pictures to Louis with the outfits they put together with just his clothes. The level of sophistication is powerful. I love Isaac and will always wear some of his pieces but he is showing us more of a preppy sportswear line these days which at one time was perfect for me, but as an older woman, I have to pick and choose his pieces. Whereas as soon as I see Louis's pieces, I know I can wear a suit to the White House or his slacks and jacket to my granddaughter's ballet recital...he is a man for all season. And I can assure you his "small group" as you refer to us is not so small and could go larger if QVC understood how many would join us if they saw his clothes. These clothes are perfect for women who led busy professional lives traveling and working in high end situations in major cities. We got used to dressing well and we prefer even in our retirement to continue doing so.

Last edited on 4/4/2011

Last edited on 4/4/2011

many_hosta1301931627.091447 PostsRegistered 9/18/2010
On 4/4/2011 mostwanted said:

How naive you are....QVC's fashion staff underestimated the sophistication of many of its customers. I am not a Susan Graver person and will never be...but many people are...so it seems QVC thought if you were a certain age, you were a Bob Mackie Gal or you were a Susan Graver Gal....well, NO...some of us gals require a bit more sophistication. And, we simply had to look harder to find Louis on QVC...it was hard to find his shows (what shows???). We are not just a handful of women and if he had full shows on a constant basis, younger career women would be able to find and buy his designs. They do stock more product, the more they sell..but did you note the woman couldn't find stock because it was sold out? How can he build his base customer constituency if QVC will not manufacture more stock each season...chicken egg, egg chicken????

Anybody who does research in group demographics will tell you women our age are the most loyal customer...we know what we like and we will buy it. Check the voting booth and see who is the most consistent voter year after year. And last time I looked women are getting older, not younger. But they still want to look stylish while looking their age.

It is critical that QVC invest in this designer, who probably more than any designer on QVC duplicates the exact fashion that you find at Neiman, Bergdorfs and Saks on any given day. His classics are clearly competitive with the fashions you find in those stores. His anorak this season is a classic...I bought the black and the Sage and will wear them for years along with many of his jackets and pants. I have been trying to figure out how some women could photograph their bodies/no faces and send pictures to Louis with the outfits they put together with just his clothes. The level of sophistication is powerful. I love Isaac and will always wear some of his pieces but he is showing us more of a preppy sportswear line these days which at one time was perfect for me, but as an older woman, I have to pick and choose his pieces. Whereas as soon as I see Louis's pieces, I know I can wear a suit to the White House or his slacks and jacket to my granddaughter's ballet recital...he is a man for all season. And I can assure you his "small group" as you refer to us is not so small and could go larger if QVC understood how many would join us if they saw his clothes. These clothes are perfect for women who led busy professional lives traveling and working in high end situations in major cities. We got used to dressing well and we prefer even in our retirement to continue doing so.

Last edited on 4/4/2011

ITA. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Amaly1301935041.3433587 PostsRegistered 8/23/2008cali

Last edited on 4/4/2011

Disagree. No "younger career woman" is going to buy this line.

straitgirl1301935625.48721655 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I believe there is a high rate of returns & qvc doesn't want to get stuck with them. There are over 3,000 items on Ebay which leads me to believe they sell pallets of returns for people to resell.

Last edited on 4/4/2011

Last edited on 4/4/2011

fluffy21301935998.064464 PostsRegistered 8/29/2009SPB.RUS >>>Beautiful So.California
On 4/4/2011 queendiva said:

History shows that they CAN sell his clothes, the vast majority of which have 5-star reviews.

{#emotions_dlg.lol} That's because Linea ladies don't leave negative reviews. Read their forum..

Last edited on 4/5/2011

fluffy21301936081.9874464 PostsRegistered 8/29/2009SPB.RUS >>>Beautiful So.California
On 4/4/2011 rietzel said:

Exactly!

fluffy21301936287.484464 PostsRegistered 8/29/2009SPB.RUS >>>Beautiful So.California
On 4/4/2011 ednamay said:

Last edited on 4/4/2011

No... It's too outdated even for my taste and I am almost 40...

Last edited on 4/4/2011

Last edited on 4/4/2011

JJsMom1301936497.1419923 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007
On 4/2/2011 crdlb said:

The simple answer is that the Q does not order enough of his stock to fill demand. Why that is we have yet understand.

Maybe to create artificial demand and make his fans feel like they have to hurry up and order before it sells out?

Last edited on 4/5/2011

JJsMom1301936564.2619923 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007
On 4/4/2011 fluffy2 said:
On 4/4/2011 ednamay said:

No... It's too outdated even for my taste and I am almost 40...

Last edited on 4/4/2011

I agree with you. I have nothing against his styles and think some look nice, but I don't think they would appeal to most people under 40.

lovepink1301937525.411099 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

Ok, some of you think younger women would not buy this line. What line on QVC do you think they would buy, Graver??, Isaac?? What are all these younger career women wearing; pajama jeans and T-shirts??

JJsMom1301938166.79719923 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007

lovepink, I don't think many younger women buy their clothes here.

lovepink1301938420.9131099 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

And there is my point! If the Q is trying to appeal to younger women, Louis's line is closer then anything else. Otherwise they are failing miserably. By the way, I am younger and wear his line to look professional. I own an Antique & Clock store and want to look like the owner not the help.

JJsMom1301938699.919923 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007

lovepink, there is nothing wrong with Linea clothes, but do you honestly see 20-30-ish women wearing styles like that? I don't.

lovepink1301939539.8071099 PostsRegistered 8/15/2006

I think it depends on what they do for a living. If they are in professional jobs and want to get ahead they might. Look at young women in TV news, they dress like that. Look at executive women and lawyers. I firmly believe if you dress sloppy and unprofessional, you will stay in dead end jobs or not move ahead. If they are home with young children; of course not. But in that case it doesn't really matter what they wear.

AnneMc1301939638992 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

"lovepink, I don't think many younger women buy their clothes here."

If the above is true, then it's even more of a mystery to me why QVC doesn't stock more of Louis's items that an older demographic is clamoring for and ready, with cash in hand, to buy them. They've done the hard part of attracting a loyal customer base and now seem to want to just flick it away. Defies logic.

I respectfully disagree that younger career women wouldn't buy more of this brand if it wasn't given more visibility and if the colors/sizes were available when people logged in to buy them. That's not to say they would style the pieces the same way a more mature woman might, but I can see nearly all the young women I know wanting selected pieces in this line. Even jeans & t-shirt girls generally need to dress well for interviews & special occasions. My daughter, who's currently a stay-at-home mom, would sooner invest in a well-made blazer from Louis to wear on a date night with her husband than a throwaway piece from the mall.

Page 1 of 5