Shoes & Handbags Offers
85 Members and 11479 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

DG2 Jeans

Started 1299454828.43 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1299713309.787 by Ty77

Are they as good as they make them sound?

Page 1 of 2
Gym Bunny1299455068.3232250 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007Washington State

I have her trouser jeans and love them. I am 5'11" and she makes talls. This style fits nicely. I just ordered the sailor jeans in white for spring/summer. I'll see how those fit. I haven't tried any of the other styles. They do run on the larger size like QVC.

Wish it, dream it. dare it, do it!

Classylady1299455829.1972248 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have some of her jeans and they fit nicely but I've also had to send some back because the sizing was way off. It's hit or miss. But maybe most lines are like this. Don't know.

I'm 5' 1" and about 95 lbs so I wear a Petite 2 or 4 in most clothing. I like what I have of hers.

mjhouston1299456554.95124 PostsRegistered 9/7/2010Houston Tx

YES!! I absolutely LOVE her jeans; I have many of her styles; boot cut; skinny, jeggings, cargo skinny, crops... they are consistent; lightweight; wear like crazy and SO forgiving; They are without a doubt the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned! I'm 5'11" as well and the talls fit great. I think her colors are super fashionable. I generally wash mine on gentle and hang to dry.. Highly recommend you try them....

BaileyBop1299457007.2032534 PostsRegistered 2/20/2008
On 3/6/2011 mjhouston said:

YES!! I absolutely LOVE her jeans; I have many of her styles; boot cut; skinny, jeggings, cargo skinny, crops... they are consistent; lightweight; wear like crazy and SO forgiving; They are without a doubt the most comfortable jeans I've ever owned! I'm 5'11" as well and the talls fit great. I think her colors are super fashionable. I generally wash mine on gentle and hang to dry.. Highly recommend you try them....

Ditto, except I am 5'2" and wear a petite size 10. I just ordered these and can't wait to get them.

http://fashion.hsn.com/dg2-skinny-stretch-cuffed-jeans_p-6302733_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=6302733&ocm=hpr

So glad that Diane came out with this style as I do not wear crop pants of any sort. Diane IMO makes jeans for women, period. She must be doing something right because she has sold tons of them.

steffieg1299458975.4031244 PostsRegistered 5/25/2007

I like Diane's jeans. The only 2 brands that I have found so far that fit me well are DG2's and D&C. Finding the right jean has been a big problem for me since way back in high school. I own a few pair of skinny jeans and jeggings. The jeggings fit wonderful.

For some reason, the skinny jeans don't appear to be so skinny in the legs like they are on the models? I guess it's because I have a larger size than what the models wear. Smile

steffieg{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

ssojourner1299460331.687395 PostsRegistered 11/29/2009

I caved and ordered her recent TS - the material is different - really full of spandex - I actually liked the black and the tall were tall - but...they also had alot of material pulls so I am not sure if I will send back - I think it might be this material - it's light and stretchy, not really like you know jeans to be. I would like to try her bootcut but the talls are almost always sold out. They must not order as much quantity as the Q does. I can't believe they sell out that quick.

steffieg1299460705.0331244 PostsRegistered 5/25/2007

I can't purchase anymore of her bootcut jeggings because my size is completely sold out. Well, I'm glad I at least got one pair when they were a TS. I caved in a purchased 2 pair of her skinny jeggings with the ankle zip in black and medium denim. I just received 2 pairs of her skinny cargo's that were a TS about a week ago, but returning the mocha ones because I don't particularly care for the color, but keeping the chambray ones.

I see you have to be quick when purchasing DG2's, they sell out so fast! Faster than D&C jeans, LOL!

golden mar­iposa1299461240.611413 PostsRegistered 11/10/2007

I cannot wear her jeans. I wear between a size 0 and 2 petite in the real world and when I ordered DG2 2 petite they were huge on me. I couldn't keep them up. Got a good laugh out of it. Talk about vanity sizing. Definitely not for me.

"In order to be irreplaceable; one must always be different. " Coco Chanel

willdob31299463113.7610360 PostsRegistered 10/31/2010

The ones I've checked out have too much spandex for me.

Anything more than 1% won't hold the shape, they end up all stretched out & sloppy looking.

I got the D&C trouser jeans that were TSV recently because they only have 1% spandex. They're really nice.

Last edited on 3/6/2011

Last edited on 3/6/2011

Barbara in­ Virginia1299464299.6237736 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

I live in my DG2 jeans! They are extremely comfortable, fit like none other, and hold up very well. I have both the skinny and the boot cut jeans, all without embellishment. I have them in a wide range of colors and have never had any problems with color transfer, fading, or funny smells. I must have 10-12 pairs of them. My older ones look just as good as the new ones.

ETA: I do have a waist and usually wear one of those invisible belts with them.

Last edited on 3/6/2011

Last edited on 3/6/2011

steffieg1299466818.7431244 PostsRegistered 5/25/2007
On 3/6/2011 willdob3 said:

The ones I've checked out have too much spandex for me.

Anything more than 1% won't hold the shape, they end up all stretched out & sloppy looking.

I got the D&C trouser jeans that were TSV recently because they only have 1% spandex. They're really nice.

Last edited on 3/6/2011

I purchased the D&C TSV trouser jeans too and like them very much. I don't like jeans with no give in them at all and feel tight to the point that you can't stand to be in them all day long. Some of the cheap jeans from those discounted stores are made this way and sized very wrong.

Last edited on 3/6/2011

Last edited on 3/6/2011

Charlie81299470384.813109 PostsRegistered 3/14/2007

I have many pairs of Dg2 jeans and for the most part not a problem. All of Diane,s jeans are not created equal, another words the sizing can be off, once I ordered a size 10 and they fit like an size 8, or smaller, way to tight. It's a hit or a miss.

Try a pair, you have nothing to loose and perhaps everything to gain a good pair of jeans......

Knitgirly1299496811.11676 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

They do fit. I'm small and her 2P fits me pretty well (BTW, there is not 1 pair of pants they sell here that would fit me).

The only "but" I have about her jean fabrication is that I find the jeans scratchy and uncomfortable. But it doesn't seem to be all pairs- as odd as that is...

KittyLouWho1299506442.68326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006

I tried them last summer and they didn't work for me.

If I get the rise that fits, the length is too short. If I get the long length, the rise is way too high.

And there was a funny bunching around the crotch. Not the look I was going for. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

I'm reluctant to try them again. Too expensive to keep returning.

I'm very happy with DKNY and GAP jeans and I prefer to try them on at the store.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

LipstickDi­va1299511353.6337479 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

For me no. They don't work on me for a variety of reasons. But you can go down a size, possibly 2 in her jeans as they run big and they stretch out as you wear them.

I am a pear shape so the waist on her jeans is huge on me. They are so big on me that I can't even have them altered. I also have the same problem Thunderkitty has. If the rise is decent, the length is too short. If I buy the talls, the length is good but the waist is up under my breasts. And like TK, they bunch around the crotch giving a look of reverse poop droop.

I also don't care for the material at all. They felt gross to me. They are not a traditional jean material. I like cotton and no more than 2% spandex. DG jeans are ramie, cotton, polyester and spandex.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

dogluvrtoo1299511465.953471 PostsRegistered 1/12/2009

Thanks for the very helpful input. I waited too long and my size sold out. I will keep checking back for more inventory. Have a good week everyone!

Phantom411299515384.35787 PostsRegistered 6/11/2008KU Country

I'm a pear shape too, when they fit in the hips and thighs then the waist is huge. I think Diane designs for her body type which seems to be smaller in hips. It's too hard for me to order jeans on-line. Even in the stores, I can try on 10 pairs and have them all fit different.

momcat1299535306.636257 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010

Well, I can now give my opinion on these jeans since I just recently received my first pair. I kept seeing rave after rave about these jeans, so I broke down and ordered a pair. Bootcut, size 6T. The first very important thing, is that you must order down a size from what you normally purchase. Why this designer decided to be different with her sizing is very odd to me, but evidently women don't mind having to remember that when ordering. Then, keep in mind that this fabric is very, very stretchy. Almost as if it's spandex with a little cotton thrown in. These jeans look like denim, but barely. The fit is ok, but seem to run large in the waist (on me). I must be inbetween sizes, but I would not want them to fit any tighter, so I'm hesitant to go down yet another size. During the presentations, they talk as if you can order 2 or 3 sizes down and still be ok. That gives you an idea of what I meant by stretchy. Like I said, the fit is ok, but I don't care much for the flat behind look. I can work around it, but those little tiny pockets on the back do nothing but flatten. If you need that, fine. In comparison to D&C - this fabric is thin to the touch like some of the D&C jeans, but with more of the spandex feel. The overall look is about the same as far as what they look like on. And, the DG2 line is more money than D&C (much more), even with some of the special pricing. I don't think they are worth it. I have jeans from more expensive lines and I think they are quality enough to justify it, but these just don't have that feel or fit. Now, reality - Putting on these jeans didn't make me have a life changing experience, like some of the ladies have said. They also didn't make me feel like I was looking at a 20 year old body in the mirror. lol That's just nonsense. I'll keep the jeans I got, but there is no way this purchase is going to cause me to start collecting up DG2 jeans. I have no idea what to think about some of the loony raves I've heard about these jeans. I watched a couple of shows this weekend on this clothing line and it was mentioned that this line won some kind of top product award on this shopping channel. All I can say is, wow. I must be totally out of touch with a lot of other women. I always knew I was different, but I'm REALLY different. I admit that the woman selling this clothing line sure talks a good game. And, the calls she takes on-air are remarkable. I've only seen her a few times, so maybe her sales technique is part of the sales phenomenon.

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

nomless1299535449.364388 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Her jeans fit me well. I buy my regular size in the DG2's and they fit perfectly.

bazzy1299536238.2271530 PostsRegistered 11/1/2007

Diane G. says to order your "dream size" when purchasing. Four inches larger in the waist than standard store sizing.

I tried them and found them to slide down from too much spandex and waist width.

Some of her jackets and tops looked interesting, but I thought the pricing was way out of line for the quality of garment.

imaclothes­hog1299536250.48721499 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I have NEVER found a pair of her jeans that fit me, ever, and I have tried plenty so I gave up. I don't like the material for thing, and, the fit is just so off for me. I am tall, curvy, with a smaller waist and hips, and she cuts her jeans for HER figure type, which is not like mine. She cuts her jeans for women with wider midsections and stomach and thin thighs and narrow hips. They don't work for me. I also think, most of her stuff is way too much bling for me.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

ldanna1299537320.41545 PostsRegistered 2/15/2005

Sizing can be a problem with DG2 but, if you really check the measurements carefully and nail down your correct size, her bootcut and fit & flare styles are great!

They aren't really "vanity sized," they just have lots of give so you need to try a pair to see how you like them. They're not too low cut which I like, but they're also not high-waisted. Her chambray color is the best faded wash I've ever seen...nobody does that particular denim shade better.

lovestotea­ch1299537984.18714446 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009DFW Metroplex, Tx

DG jeans don't fit me as well as D&C, when I order the right size in D&C. However, I like the fabrication on DG jeans as they have (most styles) ramie, which to me feels like linen woven in. The waist is always too big in DG unless the size is one I "pour myself into" (the skinnies with the zipper). Got the beat-up looking ones, too! The pair I got was mostly a cotton blend and I just have a ball wearing them to our little casual mexi place on Friday nights. Maybe people look at me like I'm crazy, but love to wear 'em for short periods of time. The rise is ALWAYS too short and I'm a petite (who knows what size? 6 - 12 depending on style lol). Got Liz Hepburn black jeans and they are just PERFECT -- except that I need to go have them hemmed.... HTH

Loves ~ dancin' & prancin' ~ ♥ ♥ ♥

smilesalot1299543436.717672 PostsRegistered 6/10/2007way too close to the Q~

I have two pair.. and am a tall so I love the length

Her jeans fit me perfectly -- BUT I got them two years ago.. and I've heard the quality has gone down hill.

I don't know for sure since I don't need any new ones ~~ good luck~!

BurbankKate1299543924.3636188 PostsRegistered 11/18/2007Home of: Disney Studios,W. Bros, Nickelodeon, Cartoon network, media capital of the world

When I buy the talls, they are too long in the rise. When I buy the regular inseam, they are too short. Her jeans come up too high for me...even higher then NYDJ do, and those are as high as I can stand. I have diane's build...no hips, thin legs,larger middle...but still, they don't work for me.

- A government big enough to give you everything you want, is then strong enough to take everything you have.
- Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2