The Joy of Christmas
81 Members and 6776 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Jayne Brown

Started 1298085097.323 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1298422115.067 by coleson

I could only watch a few minutes of Fashion Friday this a.m. I saw that Jayne Brown was back after an absence. Was it mentioned where she has been?

Page 1 of 2
sunshine451298087734.33741102 PostsRegistered 1/13/2007east coast and west coast

i thought that someone said earlier in the week that she was sick..... but i am not positive.

"When will our consciences grow so tender that we will act to prevent human misery rather than avenge it?" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Earfull1298090077.177167 PostsRegistered 10/14/2008

She was on one evening this week with Susan Graver and I personally thought she was a little rude to Susan-no matter what a lot of people think of Susan, she doesn't need to be treated with rudeness. My opinion.. I don't care for Jayne Brown...

Breea1298090645.187792 PostsRegistered 11/6/2007

I think she is an excellent host and I really appreciate the way she goes into detail in describing items. I have NEVER had to return an item that she has described which I really appreciate. I thought she was dismissive to the Dooney & Bourke rep when the Dooney rep asked if she wanted to have lunch with her and she waved to Leah Williams and said there's my friend I haven't seen in awhile and brushed off the Dooney rep. Even if she was excited to see a cohost friend, she should have taken care of the vendor needs or requests first. I really do like her when I watch her and I think anyone can make a mistake on a given day.

luvtoshopa­thome1298102673.5572114 PostsRegistered 6/24/2005

Can't stand her.....she was the one who started the whole no measurements given on air fiasco.

Cresm8r19081298173390.5033511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed
On 2/19/2011 luvtoshopathome said:

Can't stand her.....she was the one who started the whole no measurements given on air fiasco.

I'm lost...

how did she "start" the "no measurement on air fiasco". I thought it was a QVC change?

This is a MESSAGE Board...NOT a MESSY Board.

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

loveour4le­ggedfriends1298173393.732492 PostsRegistered 6/29/2006
On 2/19/2011 hennypenny said:

I can't watch her either. She is full of herself. It makes it very hard to shop for clothes with the "new system"-----. I order two sizes and send one back. A huge waste of money.

hennypenny - I find myself doing that more and more. Even after checking the measurements on line, depending on the cut and style it won't always fit according to the measurements listed. I just ordered that liqud knit top she showed the other day with the flowers on the side (looked gorgeous) well, I knew they would sell out so I bought 3 colors in a S & M. Sounds crazy, but they all sold out so to me it is worth the return postage if I really like it.

crdlb1298173903.18313106 PostsRegistered 6/24/2009So. Cal.

Hugs to you, Jayne. I think you're fun to watch. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

baby burns1298177775.2738793 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007

i had not seen jayne for quite some time, i saw her this afternoon around three, with the dooneys. she did a nice job, friendly, worked well with the dooney gal. she was a pleasure to watch today. but i understand she is not so hot on the morning show. i was told the measurment thing started on the morning show, jayne and red head girl who is on with them sometimes. at least that is what i was told.

isaboo1298178787.131806 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007Texas
On 2/19/2011 crdlb said:

Hugs to you, Jayne. I think you're fun to watch. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I like her too. I also thought she looked really cute today - I think it was how she was

wearing her hair.

Cresm8r19081298179260.9373511 PostsRegistered 9/20/2006Sitting Pretty, Perched and Posed
On 2/19/2011 baby burns said:

i had not seen jayne for quite some time, i saw her this afternoon around three, with the dooneys. she did a nice job, friendly, worked well with the dooney gal. she was a pleasure to watch today. but i understand she is not so hot on the morning show. i was told the measurment thing started on the morning show, jayne and red head girl who is on with them sometimes. at least that is what i was told.

The Motto lady?? Man-o-Day... I must have missed all that. How is a vendor going to change policy? How is a host going to change policy?

I just recall measurments not being offered - and I was one of the ones upset. But then again - it did curtail my purchasing decision(s).

Still Team Jayne tho'. Was never really a fan of the Motto lady (being on as a side-host)...but then again I don't really enjoy the piping in from the facebook monitor either...

This is a MESSAGE Board...NOT a MESSY Board.

So what if you have a hunch-back, honey. We all see it, know it's there...so just throw a little glitter on it and go on out dancing! (old bayou wisdom)

momcat1298244506.826288 PostsRegistered 9/12/2010
On 2/18/2011 Earfull said:

She was on one evening this week with Susan Graver and I personally thought she was a little rude to Susan-no matter what a lot of people think of Susan, she doesn't need to be treated with rudeness. My opinion.. I don't care for Jayne Brown...

Someone needs to keep Susan in line. Thanks, Jayne Brown!!

Let me know if you suddenly become interesting.

ciley1298260362.5731554 PostsRegistered 7/1/2010

I'm crazy about Jayne. A few years ago I was looking for an item that was in a Fashion Day promo and I'd called CS several times and they couldn't help me. I emailed 8 of the hosts and Jayne is the only one who got the item number for me. The only other person who even bothered to reply was Sharon but she didn't know that the item was. The rest simply didn't bother to reply. I really appreciated that because she had to go out of her way to track it down.

bjried1298260572.2532625 PostsRegistered 6/3/2005

I like Jayne and I agree that she does answer her email. I think she's fun, I love the way she talks about her daughters. She's so proud of them. She is the best host to be on with SG, I agree with that also. That Monday morning fashion show has such a horrid mix of clothing every week, you can't blame Jayne and Pat for having a little fun. I just wish they would get rid of Linda. She brings nothing to the program.

quinnie1298307181.88791 PostsRegistered 5/14/2010

Don't watch/buy when Jayne's presenting...but, I did watch this morning and was pleased to hear no James Brown howls/dancing. She behaved today, maybe she's been reading our posts. I'm still baffled why QVC has 3 hosts on these Mon/Fri. fashion shows; seems a waste of money. Lisa R and Leah Williams work alone; if Pat or Jayne aren't capable of working alone, they should find someone who can. Linda contributes nothing, in my opinion, another waste of money.

mostwanted1298314862.1631247 PostsRegistered 8/28/2006

Sorry, but Jane didn't start that...she however embraced it. QVC started that thinking it would save money and time...didn't work so well, but it was the Fashion heads who thought they could do what other online clothing folks were doing....

mostwanted1298315184.3871247 PostsRegistered 8/28/2006
On 2/21/2011 quinnie said:

Don't watch/buy when Jayne's presenting...but, I did watch this morning and was pleased to hear no James Brown howls/dancing. She behaved today, maybe she's been reading our posts. I'm still baffled why QVC has 3 hosts on these Mon/Fri. fashion shows; seems a waste of money. Lisa R and Leah Williams work alone; if Pat or Jayne aren't capable of working alone, they should find someone who can. Linda contributes nothing, in my opinion, another waste of money.

They have three hosts on....because tweeter and FB have made all of these companies crazed and they think they need to engage in the social networking during the morning show and Lisa's PM...show...I think the morning show gets few calls and the FB is used to try and get people to come to the site and buy ...Linda is online with the FB folks...I think Jane and Pat get a bit wacky because they have been doing this so long and I don't think they get a lot of calls in the morning to break up the rather mundane morning show...I think Linda is on contract and they decided to use her more BECAUSE of the money she is making...

walker1298342555.6633886 PostsRegistered 5/6/2005

I love Jayne! She is warm, witty, down-to-earth, well-informed and just fun to listen to.....a very good host that I enjoy watching. If I find myself laughing with someone, it is so worthwhile. We all need to laugh more.....at ourselves, with others....whenever.......lighten up..........Jayne does that too!!! By the way, she teams well with Pat and, fashion friend, Linda Davies.

Daysdee1298343915.04318844 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 2/21/2011 mostwanted said:

Sorry, but Jane didn't start that...she however embraced it. QVC started that thinking it would save money and time...didn't work so well, but it was the Fashion heads who thought they could do what other online clothing folks were doing....

Jeanne Bice of QF was the one that always hated them giving measurements. I hate when they don't give that info, but guess I shouldn't care any longer as I seldom order clothing. Was a steady buyer for many years. Why do they need Linda D. as a "fashion friend"? They should hire her has a host or in some other capacity. Three hosts at once is too much for me.

FourS1298344536.647583 PostsRegistered 3/7/2010

I enjoy Jayne but don't like her dancing... The Pat-Jayne-fashion friend thing is so confusing I never, ever watch. I think Pat sometimes tries to "one-up" Jayne, but maybe I'm incorrect - just my personal impression.

elegantlad­y341298348179.5732 PostsRegistered 12/15/2010

I Love 2 watch Jayne Brown...

SugarBabyJ1298398334.872053 PostsRegistered 1/7/2008
On 2/19/2011 Cresm8r1908 said:

I'm lost...

how did she "start" the "no measurement on air fiasco". I thought it was a QVC change?

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I saw when Jayne B told a caller that she was on the committee that decided to institute the new measurements policy. The caller was very upset about it and Jayne tried to tell her the new way is better/easier until the caller told Jayne that she could not change her mind about it.

V loves to­ shop1298399217.57387 PostsRegistered 1/22/2008

I dont care who started it or does not do it. Please give measurements. The items can vary and it does make a difference.

I hate it when a new item comes up and no measurements. I think the Q should offer free returns of S/H if they do not provide the proper info.

I have never understood why they refuse to give out this info. We are home in private good grief I want every woman to feel good about themselves and buy what they want. I am sure all of us would not care who wears what size . I am sure we all feel for each other when we want to buy something but not sure how it will fit .

Sylanne1298400357.251849 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006
On 2/22/2011 EMJones said:

I'm lost...

{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I saw when Jayne B told a caller that she was on the committee that decided to institute the new measurements policy. The caller was very upset about it and Jayne tried to tell her the new way is better/easier until the caller told Jayne that she could not change her mind about it.

I saw the same show, as posted; this is exactly what happened.

If I remember correctly the caller told Jayne "don't fix what's not broken" she wanted garment measurements.

PuppyBreath1298401937.23718676 PostsRegistered 1/10/2007Mn. Twins Fan

I can only tolerate Jayne presenting products alone. Then, she reverts to her old professional self. On these morning fashion shows, she is a bossy know it all, complete with the squatting and grunting that she calls dancing. She also insults the other hosts, and cackles about it. In addition, I am shopping for clothes, not there to hear about her tennis game.

Puppy

Please support Pancreatic Cancer Research.

My favorite breed is Rescued.

LipstickDi­va1298404495.33737945 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

To answer the OP's question, Jayne was ill. PJD mentioned it twice when Jayne was absent from both a Friday Fashion Forum and Fashion Monday.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

Page 1 of 2