Give Gorgeous
127 Members and 11607 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY)

Started 1295705762.37 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1295748112.49 by kittyfan

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a brisk zero degrees right now but I am keeping warm by watching my favorite "Style," AM Style.

I don't need a new handbag but I do like the wallet that matches the TSV. If I were to get another handbag, it would be the Tig multi-color crossbody bag which I think is on easy pay or was yesterday.

I went almost 21 days before I purchased a "want." I guess the Tarte eyeliner duo could be classified as a need since I'm looking for the right eyeliner that lasts in the color I want, but the reality is that I could have done without it.

I'm amazed that the winter doldrums created by the non-stop snow episodes have not caused me to comfort shop. Instead, I satisfy the urge by downloading free ebooks from Amazon.....amd then reading them. So far, I have around 50 books on the Kindle. Despite my doubts about my use of the gadget, this has been the most cost effective purchase I have made in ages. It has been used everyday!

I may take another look at that Tig crossbody bag I mentioned but put it on my wish list. Despite the fact easy pays makes it attractive, the price is not so bad that it can't be purchased at the full price at a later time. I think it is in the neighborhood of $80.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

A house is not a home unless it has a cat!. ...Thus said Midnight!
QVC Member since merger with CVN.... many dollars and products ago!

Page 1 of 1
livehealthy1295706734.4932692 PostsRegistered 2/18/2007

Hi, Jean. Our temps are in the 40s here in Denver, and we're headed home later to possible snow tonight. I don't think we'll have much if any accumulation though. I'm really tired right now because we had to wake up early, and I'm trying to decide if I want to do a little cardio or not this morning. There's a new shopping area in the neighborhood where I'll spend a little time while waiting for DH to finish up his training. We're planning to eat at a Mongolian grill before heading home later.

I had fun shopping yesterday, but didn't buy much except for my bread that I have a hard time finding in WP and a pair of micro fiber underwear for DH from Jockey. I paid 60 cents for those after using my $10 discount coupon. LOL. I'll have to buy some more later if he likes them for working out/hiking/skiing, etc.

When I was in Kohls yesterday, I realized that besides my fleece sheets in December and a pair of high heeled clogs and a necklace in the Fall, I haven't bought anything from there in ages. I just don't like most of their clothes right now and haven't for a while. I hope they get some cuter things for this summer, and things that aren't so oversized. They have lots of baggy and/or long clothing and things with ragged seams, which I hate. I was looking for trouser jeans this weekend, mostly out of curiousity, since they're supposed to be the big thing this year, and I didn't see much of anything like that in the past two days. In fact, I'm still seeing lots of skinny jeans and leggings as well as boot cuts which are always around. Maybe we're just behind the times over here, not a bad thing probably.

Jean, I may break down someday and buy a kindle or the like, mostly for traveling. I don't want to pay for books though, so I'd need the library option. I always special order new releases online and get them before they even hit the library shelves. Gotta love that!

Well, I hope you all have a great day.

LindaLatte1295707418.064715 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Good Morning! Thanks for getting us started Jean. Sorry you are dealing with such cold weather. It is nice here in California, and I am amazed at all the pretty flowers/bushes that are in bloom. It is great that you are loving your Kindle so much. I finally started reading my library book on my eReader yesterday. I think it will take me some time to get used to, but it is a fund gadget. I think perhaps what I wrote yesterday was confusing. I do not own a tablet. My eReader has 3G (I say this despite not knowing what that means exactly), and it can be used to read my e-mail and go to Google, etc. However, I was not able to do this at home, only at the airport. I think it would be easier to use a netbook for these purposes because of the screen size, etc. Someday, I might want a tablet, but I'm not ready yet. Hope you get yours going Arlene.

Sorry about your job issues Kathleen. I'm sure it will work out eventually, but this waiting time must be especially difficult.

We had a good day yesterday except for my migraine headache. I took a pill at 8:30, and eventually got some rest. DH's daughter has accepted a one-year job in New Zealand (taking the whole family), so DH isn't happy. Trips to California are one thing, but..... They leave at the end of July.

I read some horrible comments about the TSV jeans I ordered, so they may well be going back. Too bad since they are my first 2011 QVC purchase. I did order a Leslie Sansone set for DD since she likes them, and I think it would be a good thing if she got more exercise. She said it is cold and windy there.

Waves to LindaR, Kathy, Nancy, KarenS, Susan, Sonya, Luci, Ann, Kelli, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- good to see you posting Sonya. I like having the library option on my eReader, but I'm not sure you have access to as many new books as you do at the library. Maybe so. The libraries in Maryland have been hit very hard, and I know they aren't buying many books and those they buy are only in small quantities. Sounds like things are much better in your libraries. Glad you had fun shopping.

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Lucibee1295708182.217424 PostsRegistered 10/5/2009

Good morning ladies!

It is 58 here today in my neighborhood. It rained all day yesterday, but it is clear today. My sister invited me to walk with a group she meets up with at Disney tomorrow. The group meets often at different parts of the property. It is a nice way get some exercise and meet new people. After that we might go to Downtown Disney and check the shops and restaurants. I do enjoy taking pictures and keeping my spending to a minimum.

I don't have a Kindle. I wish I did. I asked for one from my husband for our anniversary in September, but my techie son talked him into getting an Ipad which I love. I have the kindle app and I have downloaded a few books. My sister has a Kindle and loves it.

I need to get a good eyeliner also. I am challenged when it comes to putting on makeup, especially eyeliner. I need glasses for reading, but I decided on bifocals because I am tired of taking off and putting on my glassed all of the time. That goes back to when I was a teacher's assistant. I helped out in the library a lot and the bifocals just work out better for me. So, I try to put on eyeshadow so my eyes don't get lost, but I am still looking for the right eyeliner.

I love Tig purses also. I got one on sale at Macy's in glam red at Christmas (it was on clearance and I also had a coupon) and now I am looking for a deal on a wallet. I have a black one that I can't find when I am digging thru my purse. I have never used EBAY believe it or not. I am not sure how Paypal works and I guess the EBAY site overwhelms me.

I worked in Better Sportswear this week and I loved the clothes, but I am now trained (in my head) that if it is not on sale, I just won't buy anymore. I love JCP and if I take the time to look and use coupons and shop on door-buster days I can get some nice things for a reasonable price. The clothes I have purchased there have stood the test of time.

My favorite D&C jeans are A45113. I love the way they fit and I have them in several colors.

I am going to Publix for a few things. They have a deal on Kellogg's cereal (50% off Saturday and Sunday only). My DH loves corn flakes. I love Special K.

I plan on going to 5:00pm mass tonight and then just relax.

Linda, I am so sorry you are having migraines. I know headaches are terrible and migraines are worse. I hope you feel better soon. I did not realize that you are in California. Are you on vacation or business?

Sorry about being so chatty today. Sometimes I could go on and on.

I wish everyone a fun and blessed day!

Luci

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Luci

KonaKat1295708565.287580 PostsRegistered 2/25/2006

Sonya, I haven't looked for clothes in Kohls since around October. I just haven't needed any. I did order a coat online when it was on sale and I had a 30% discount. I haven't had a red coat in some time. I got it before the Basso TSV; I won't be needing coats next year. You are having great temps. Enjoy your shopping time while DH trains. It is good that you could take advantage of the time together despite him being in training.

Linda, I've found the Kindle very useful to kill time. I have around 50 books on it and all but four were free. The small size of these e-readers or even the tablets make them great to travel or take with you anywhere you go. I know it made the over an hour I sat waiting for the doctor easier to take. It goes with me nearly everywhere.

Luci, I have some Tig bags and they are excellent. Working in retail, you have developed a real sense of a true value when it comes to buying. Enjoy your time at Disney. I remember walking the property and it definitely is great exercise.

I loved the George Simonton jacket; this little jacket-holic behaved herself and put it on the wish list.

I've lost a little more weight this week. I'm trying to get myself psyched up to get back into exercising.

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Last edited on 1/22/2011

LindaLatte1295709128.664715 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hi Luci -- we are in California visiting DH's daughter and family for a few days. Nice to see you being a little more chatty. I think most of us have those days when we feel more like chatting. I have heard that the Ida is wonderful. Maybe a Kindle will be coming your way for the next gift occasion.

That is a neat jacket Jean. Good luck on your exercising.

Last edited on 1/22/2011

Last edited on 1/22/2011

audrey011295709528.57343 PostsRegistered 10/23/2007Central Indiana

Good morning ladies!

It is 3 degrees here in Central Indiana! Highs are predicted to reach 13 degrees with up to 3 inches of more snow by Tuesday. It is pretty to look out the window at, but to be out in it is cold! The dogs are nestled around the fireplace taking their morning nap.

Jean- I am glad you are enjoying your Kindle. A coworker received hers at Christmas and has been sharing her love of it. I will consider suggesting it for my August birthday. I too prefer AM Style.

We had a new furnace installed in December and the first payment of 12 at zero interest is due this month, so no "wanty" shopping for me. Sigh.... This was a planned purchase. We often do the zero interest on expensive items, as we like to keep our savings untouched as much as possible.

DH is at work today, I do not plan to go anywhere will stay in to relax, tackle some chores, and (as Kathleen says) renew my spirit.

Have a good day!

Audrey

KonaKat1295712771.397580 PostsRegistered 2/25/2006

Audrey, a furnace is a real need! The "want" shopping can wait. I went without heat for almost a week in February four years ago when a massive ice storm took down the electric lines in a wide spread area. It was single digit temps so you have no idea how much you appreciate heat in a house until that happens. I have a gas furnace but the thermostat is controlled by electricity. I haven't resorted to a generator yet but that year resulted in many people getting them.

At $139, the Kindle was a real buy that has paid off for me. I love to read so I was amazed at how well I would like it. The library near here is almost not operating because of reduced hours, so I haven't been in it for some time. Paperback books are not cheap, and the free books I've downloaded do have paperback equivalents. Add to that, there are no books taking up space.

ksmitty281295713457.0371112 PostsRegistered 1/2/2010

Hi Ladies!! It is ridiculously cold here today as well - 18 with a wind chill of 9. What is left on the ground from yesterday's snow is now ice. So, it's a bit of a mess. I am at work today so I did not get to watch AM Style - which I enjoy. But, that's probably a good thing as I wasn't tempted by the lineup in print -and I may have been with Leah presenting. I did cave in this week and I purchased a couple of the Bethlehem lights items. So, back to only needs for a bit.

Don't have much time this morning to chat - but I'll be back later. Enjoy your day - whatever your plans!!!!!!!!

kmcshopper1295714929.196305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Good Morning Ladies- The radiator's are singing this morning, as it's a balmy 10 degrees here. I'm trying to review what I missed on AM style this morning. The TSV isn't my style so, no temptation there.

Jean- Congrats on your 21 day shopping diet, today's going to be hard for me because philosophy is on and there's one more thing I'm dying to try, but, my gift card has run out.

Sonya- I had a question to ask you have you heard of Zumba I think it's a workout routine. If you have, can you explain what it is? thanks.

LindaL- That's too bad about your DH's DD taking a job in New zealand. Is it temporary?

Karen S- Hope you have a good day at work today.

livehealthy1295715358.5172692 PostsRegistered 2/18/2007

I'm about to check out of the room, but I saw Kathy's question about Zumba. I know our gym has classes, and it seems to be a dance style type class that provides a good cardio workout. The ladies and even men who attend seem to really enjoy it. I know I'd look like a total dork in there. LOL!

Keep warm ladies!

LindaLatte1295716965.7534715 PostsRegistered 8/16/2007

Hi Audrey. The cold temperatures some of you are experiencing are really horrible in my book. And, a furnace trumps any "want" shopping for me as well. I haven't been without heat for as long as Jean, but even a few days was more than enough for me.

The New Zealand job is just for one year Kathy. DH's daughter is much wilder/braver than me -- taking two little girls and her husband away for a year with no guaranteed job when she returns, but I guess she won't have much trouble since she is a doctor (M.D.) She and her father have a love of travel, which is good. But, he is not happy to have that much distance between them, even for one year. Oh well....

kensyd1295720543.4031413 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007

Hi girls....baby its cold outside. The sun has been shining so thats the only good thing. I just put the heat up in the house, and I normally don't do that during the day, but I'm freezing.

Work went well this morning and then the girls and I went and did a few errands. Kendall needed $$$ for her trip and some snack food. I also bought her some hand warmers as she will be outside for a good period of time on Monday. She's participating in the Walk for Life. She'll be traveling back on Tuesday and it looks like we may have another storm then. I think I've had enough of winter.

I'm wearing my new sweater today and I love it. It's pretty cool looking. It has stripes and I don't normally wear stripes but they are black and grey.

LindaL, your daughter in law is very brave. I'm sure it will be very exciting. I sometimes wish I was the adventerous type...I'm far from it. It will be a great experience for the family.

Kathleen, hope you have a great weekend. I'm sure the right job is going to come up for you. Sometimes we need to kiss alot of frogs before we get our prince, in your case you already have the prince you just need the job.

Jean, I watched some of AM Style before heading off to work. I did like the LC jacket but I am well stocked in that department.

Sydney is in "Annie" tonight and she is very excited. I can't wait to see her and the rest of the kids.

I did bring work home to do yesterday but of course I didn't do any of it so I need to go and do some this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!!

Pinky Ann1295723788.5571730 PostsRegistered 7/16/2009

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to stop in and say hello. It's been pretty busy at home, so shopping has been limited. I did buy a great sweater at Macy's, and should get alot of use out of it.

We have been experienceing the same cold as everyone else, and this morning hit a low of -10 degrees. That's without wind chill. Not a number I can appreciate! LOL I keep telling myself spring is on the way, and to get done what I can now so I can enjoy the good weather when it gets here. We have a generator, purchased about 6 years ago. It starts just after the power goes out.It starts automatically, which we had to have. We couldn't be without it.

I have decided against the kindle for now, as I just have a hard time sitting and reading . Between my back, family and kitties always in need of something, it's hard to concentrate with a novel. Fibro doesn't help concentration either, so I feel like the library is a good resource for the time being. It's wonderful that everyone that owns Kindles loves them. It just tells me they'll be around a good long time. So it won't hurt to wait.

The weekend is quiet, with a short trip to the store today, and mass tomorrow. When temps are this low, even the sun doesn't pull me to go out.

I hope everyone enjoys the weekend, what ever you have planned! Stay warm!!!!!! pinky

kmcshopper1295728537.9776305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Sonya- Thanks, no dancing for me either, guess I'll stick to my treadmill.

Nancy- Glad you're enjoying your NEW sweater!

Pinky- Good seeing you!

TennesseeY­ankee1295729448.851119 PostsRegistered 7/20/2006The Tennessee Valley

Hi girls! I thought it was cold at 42 degrees, but I sure don't envy many of you! {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I have got to get some cleaning done today - scrub down the bathroom and kitchen, and get the rugs vacuumed and the floors washed. During his "house time" yesterday Shiloh had diarrhea on the dining room floor (fortunately, he missed the rug), and I cleaned it up (grateful for the fancy rubber gloves that were among my birthday presents), but need to go over all the wood floors with Mop & Glo. I don't know what I'm going to do with that dog. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I guess his stomach was upset from the new food, but at least he's eating it.

Rotor is getting braver - he slept on the bed last night (near my feet), and is getting closer and closer to me when I'm on the computer. I got some pictures and will post them on FB in a little while. Cats are so much easier than dogs!

I got an email this morning from one of the police officers I promised homemade donuts to - it was basically a "thank you so much for supporting us," but I know a hint when I see one! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Nancy, enjoy seeing Sydney tonight - will you be filming her?

Luci, it sure is hard to work retail - you're constantly surrounded by temptation. A store like Macy's or JCP isn't so bad (after you get over the initial craziness) because you can keep an eye on things and wait until they go on sale or clearance or - if you really love it - grab the last one before it's gone, but when I lived in Hawaii I worked at Ross for a few months, and that kind of store is dangerous! The stock turns over so quickly and you know if you don't grab something as soon as you see it, it probably won't be there the next day.

Jean, I keep reading about your Kindle and have to figure out how my new tablet works, as it has a Kindle app. I'm usually reading several books at the same time, so I can see where it would be nice to have a reader with a number of books on it when I'm away from home, so I can choose whatever most interests me at the moment.

I guess I'd better get moving, as this house (unfortunately) isn't going to clean itself - have a blessed day, everyone!

"How well you did in life won't be judged by how much money you made, but by how many hearts you touched, and by how much of your love you gave." ~ Themis Eagleson

KonaKat1295730953.177580 PostsRegistered 2/25/2006

Karen, I believe you will enjoy the Bethlehem Lights. You are so correct about the snow turning into ice. We did get sun today so there is some melt but it will freeze and be ice again.

Kathy, they started Zumba classes here after people got tired of traveling to the city for them. They are extremely popular and I understand that they provide a great workout in Latin style dancing, etc.

Nancy, I think the black and gray stripes would be nice. I have a top with that and it looks very nice.

Ann, you are so lucky to have a back up generator! It is difficult to get motivated to venture out in weather like this.

Arlene, have you considered taking Shiloh to the vet? The rate at which Rotor is getting comfortable with you, you might find him cuddling up beside you very soon. I should have done more with cleaning today but with the cold, it was hard to get motivated.

I did survive watching the Tig show without buying. I do have that convertible crossbody full size shoulder bag A6563. It is a very versatile bag which I got when it was a TSV.

Weather permitting, I will venture out to the city tomorrow. The nail place will be remodeling and will be closed so I need to get my nails done before the next storm projected to arrive Tuesday/ Wednesday.

kensyd1295731515.6831413 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007

No zumba for me ladies...I have zero coordination. I even look funny when I dance, I have no rhythm. I did just do 20 minutes on the treadmill but thats all my body would allow me to do today. I am still a little sore from shoveling yesterday. I have to remember that I'm not that young anymore.

They are predicting a Nor'easter for the middle of the week. I won't be happy unless Kendall is home...I also have a hair appt. Wednesday morning and I was really looking forward to it. I'm enjoying my short hair.

Arlene, I didn't even think about taping it tonight. If I remember I may try and bring Sydneys flip. She's excited for me to do her stage makeup. My parents and godmother are going tonight. My brother and his wife and dh's sister will be going tomorrow.

I didn't have the urge to purchase a bag today but it could be because I just got a Lizden bag in purple with the circles all over it. Its a really cute bag, Kendall really likes it. Its something different than I would normally use. It looks cute with alot of my blacks and greys.

Hope you're all having a good afternoon...stay warm.

kmcshopper1295731741.66305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Well, thought I was going to have a quiet afternoon of cleaning and then watch Joan Riveers. Josh came home with 3 other boys and are now in the family room playing video games. Jim worked 12 hrs overnight, and I try to sheild him from noise so he can rest. oh well.

kensyd1295734641.741413 PostsRegistered 2/9/2007

Kathy, I remember those days of Shane working nights. The girls were little and I used to try so hard to keep them quiet so he could sleep. Our bedroom is off the kitchen so that didn't help either. Thank God for his sound machine. Good luck with keeping the noise level down.

I just dropped Sydney off, she's so excited!!!

kmcshopper1295736028.7876305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Nancy- Thank goodness for his c-pap machine, he really doesn't hear much Thank God! I'm so keeping my fingers crossed that the Noreaster will be all rain. I pray the performance goes well tonight. It's GREAT your extended family is coming to the show!

kmcshopper1295737390.9876305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Nancy- I LOVE the name Shane. I once knew a girl in school with that name. One of the boys has left as he has church tonight. YAY!!! I still managed to watch JR anyway.

kmcshopper1295737446.4836305 PostsRegistered 8/10/2007

Jean- Clark's is on! I saw the show and thought of you.

kittyfan1295748112.485942 PostsRegistered 11/6/2008Central Tx

Good Evening ladies:

I caught a few minutes of Clarks---which I love--and a few minues of JR---but thankfully nothing called my name---as I had the huge dental bill this month.

I had dinner with Kathleen and her daughter on their way back home from the BIG city---they came through my little town--and stopped for dinner. We had a great time. I read my local paper this morning and found that we are getting a second Walgreens and also a Panda Express. Okay we have Walgreens, CVS and now a second Walgreens. We have pharmacy at the Walmart and grocery and the local pharmacy---how much business do they think they will generate!!! My town is growing by leaps and bounds---so different when I first moved here---change is good---but somethings I hate to lose--like the charm of a "small town". That's changing very fast.

Page 1 of 1