Shoes & Handbags Offers
27 Members and 9359 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

DG2 Bootcut Stretch Jeans.......Anyone have?

Started 1290997784.12 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1291039910.807 by FloridaPat

I have two in my shopping cart waiting to be purchased, black and indigo. But would love to know if any Q shoppers have bought them and what they think. They don't look like they have much bell shape(bootcut) to them, but they say there are bootcut.

So girls...............please tell me everything.

Page 1 of 1
karmakat1290998491.11218 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I have some, not the plain ones they are selling tonight - wish I did, but I am resisting buying any more til I get to the next smaller size (in a long weight loss process).

I carry my extra weight in my stomach and these are perfect for me. Comfortable, and everyone tells me how skinny I look.

gigy1290998815.9871244 PostsRegistered 1/17/2006

Thanks so much for the review. I carry my weight in my stomach, butt and thighs, so I am always looking for a slimming jean or pant.

2000surviv­or1290999119.121764 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008Arkansas
In the plain bootcut I have 4 pair; black, indigo, chambray, and gray. I love mine. I carry my weight in the middle the fit is great and comfortable. I do not have problems with baggy but, baggy knees etc. I am 5'4", my legs are short for my height. I cannot wear petite, to short, the regular/average is just about an inch to long, there is enough bootcut for that without messing up the bootcut look. I always have to have my pants hemmed so that is not a big deal for me. HTH. Lynn

ibb381290999365.5612119 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

What item # jeans are you looking at? I bought L's in the ts today; and generally I buy 16's. Jeans are a tough fit for me and DG2 works best overall.

Barbara in­ Virginia1290999624.3937736 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

I have several pairs of these, as well as the skinny jeans, and the bootcuts do not really flare out at all. I love the DG2 jeans and wear them all the time. They are super comfortable and have all but replaced all other leisure wear bottoms that I have had. But I also wear them with nice tops to go out to eat, to the movies, and the like. They are great with my Ralph Lauren wool jackets. I say go for it!

2000surviv­or1291002262.351764 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008Arkansas
Barbara so glad you mentioned wearing your jeans with a nice wool blazer, I have not tried that yet but I was thinking about it. In spring or summer do you or would you pair them with a linen or linen blend blazer?

house_cat1291002781.5337792 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

I have the plain ones in the lighter color. I love them. They are my favorite jeans. I'm trying to go down one more size or else I would order a couple more, but they wash and wear like iron and are extremely flattering. You don't say what size you are, but they are generously cut. I'm only 5 feet tall, so I need the petite, and I have to wear them with a heel, but they fit just right with the 3 inch heels I like to wear... and I'm currently 135-140 lbs. and wear the size 10 very comfortably in the bootcut, size 8 in the skinnies with the zipper bottoms, so like I said, they are very generous in the cut.

>^..^< house cat

Barbara in­ Virginia1291003287.097736 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

2000, I would definitely wear the DG2 jeans with spring/summer weight blazers in the warm weather months. Also, some other light weight jackets that I have. I would also wear the DG2 white crop pants with them. We go out to dinner a lot with friends, with a movie afterwards. More often than not, I wear my DG2 jeans, with any variation of sweaters/jackets on top.

Last edited on 11/28/2010

Last edited on 11/28/2010

Gagirl041291003548.0312 PostsRegistered 11/26/2010

I LOVE DG2 jeans!!!! I have 2 pairs of skinny and 1 bootcute..and I love them. The skinny jeans make my legs look longer, my tummy flatter, and my butt cute LOL.

i had a hysterectomy back in August and at times I am still swollen and wearing pants without an elastic waist is very hard to do..BUT my DG2 jeans fit just fine...whereas other brands I have do not fit at all

Sister Gol­den Hair1291003588.15314443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

My favorite is the "French Cut" then the boot cut. Her jeans are so comfy and can wear them all day. Because of health issues I go up and down ten pounds, her jeans always fit.

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

Brandi Lou1291004527.9031 PostsRegistered 11/28/2010

Hi,

Yes I have several DG2 bootcut jeans. They do fit awesome! Designed for us not so 20 yr. olds .(Do you believe Diane is 65 yrs young!) They have a 3 to 5' stretch and they fit and feel awesome. I own several pairs. But, I do love my denim & co. jeans also. Mainly because I am petite and the inseam as well as the fit is perfect. I own every color (including the dk. green) in the new tummy slimming jeans and have every color in their best selling jean A-45126 & A-45113 I know every item number by heart. But Diane's jeans are also great and they come in petite. average & tall too. If you are petite like me the inseam is 29" which is perfect w/sm heel or boots.

2000surviv­or1291004601.741764 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008Arkansas
Barbara, thank you very much. I did not realize DG offered crop pants, that is very good to know I will be working on my spring summer clothes soon. I am going through some changes and need to almost completely revamp my wardrobe. Thank you again, Lynn

2000surviv­or1291005704.881764 PostsRegistered 1/20/2008Arkansas
What is the French Cut? I also have another question which may sound ridiculous but I really would like to know how other women on this board do this. Where do you like for your jeans and other pants to hit your foot/shoe/boot? I like my hem to be about 3/4 the way down the back of the heel, or maybe another way of saying it would be about an inch off the ground, that is a guess from looking in the mirror it may only be 1/4". I definitely don't do flood pants but I don't like my pants on the floor. It also bugs me when I wear ankle boots, if when I sit down the pant leg comes up to the top of my ankle. My seamstress says that is actually expected, and does not mean my pants are to short. How about you ladies? TIA, Lynn

Barbara in­ Virginia1291012903.047736 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

I'm not sure what a French cut is, but you can probably tell somewhat by looking at the garment measurements online of a French cut jean.

I can't stand it either when my jeans come out of my ankle boots when I sit down or my skinny jeans with knee high boots start looking baggy at the knees. But I found a solution! As I ride, I saw in my SmartPac catalog some nifty clips that you put on the hem of your riding pants to keep them in your boots. You just clip at the hem in two places and a piece of elastic goes under your foot. Motor cyclists also wear them for the same reason. I also found some great ones on eBay! They keep your jeans down andyou get used to the elastic strap under the instep of your foot. I forget exacty what they are called, but SmartPac is online and I think they are called something like jodpher clips there.

echoscream1291015338.513578 PostsRegistered 4/23/2009

Yes the stirrup straps holding the hem of jeans down inside your boots work great - at least better than nothing at all. If you search on Ebay using "Boot Stirrups" or "Stirrup Straps", then scroll down the listings - you will find them. You could buy them there - or search the internet for motorcycle shops.. they carry them too - although I'm guessing they are higher in price there.

In years past, I had used similar clips with elastic between the clips - to hold the corners of the bottom bed sheets on the bed. That was before the sheet designers made the deeper pockets. However, I went to my local fabric shop and found clips that were wider (about 1 inch) and bought some black elastic and with a sewing machine - made my own. It's kind of tricky - how much elastic you have between the clips - you sort of have to measure and test the length before sewing it permanently. They work fine for me - although I'm ready for the stirrup slacks to come back into style. I looked for them on Ebay and found few. Good luck!

Barbara in­ Virginia1291016913.377736 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

http://shop.ebay.com/calaela/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=25

The above is the seller from whom I bought mine. They are well made and sturdy.

rietzel1291034784.8271753 PostsRegistered 8/17/2006

Yes, I have several pairs of bootcut, plain jeans in dark indigo, black and taupe. I love her jeans. For me at 5'7" the 8T fits great. Her talls are 33 inches which is perfect for me to wear high heel boots. I bought her bootcut brown velvet jeans last year and they are gorgeous. For length, I wear all my pants to rest on the top of my instep (like a man's pants should). I want only the toe of my shoe to show. I purchased her TSV bootcut legging. I don't wear leggings so I thought these might be a nice look for casual wear as they do not come in talls.

Last edited on 11/29/2010

Last edited on 11/29/2010

Sister Gol­den Hair1291038378.06714443 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008
On 11/28/2010 2000survivor said: What is the French Cut? I also have another question which may sound ridiculous but I really would like to know how other women on this board do this. Where do you like for your jeans and other pants to hit your foot/shoe/boot? I like my hem to be about 3/4 the way down the back of the heel, or maybe another way of saying it would be about an inch off the ground, that is a guess from looking in the mirror it may only be 1/4". I definitely don't do flood pants but I don't like my pants on the floor. It also bugs me when I wear ankle boots, if when I sit down the pant leg comes up to the top of my ankle. My seamstress says that is actually expected, and does not mean my pants are to short. How about you ladies? TIA, Lynn

The "French Cut" can we worn as jeans or as crop pants. They have a button you put on through a hole and roll up the pant. When it was warmer, I would wear the crop jeans and let them down for evening. I'm 58 and my brother-in-law thought that I looked hip!

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

FloridaPat1291039910.807347 PostsRegistered 5/3/2007

I just recently purchased DG2 and they are GREAT! They wash nice don't bag out when you wear them and the fit (stay true to size) is the best. I ordered the bootcut and the length on the average is perfect, I'm 5'3", 140 lbs. and carry my weight in my tummy and upper thighs.

One of the nice things about HSN is if you play the game they have on .com you can win free shipping or a discount for merchandise.

Page 1 of 1