Better Than Black Friday
40 Members and 14267 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Precious fibers

Started 1290800540.747 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1290889414.99 by Barbara in Virginia

I noticed that they have not presented any new styles recently and that many of the sweaters are on clearance. I hope they are not discontinuing this line. Has anyone heard?

Page 1 of 1
house_cat1290881910.3338415 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

I haven't heard, but they presented a turtleneck this morning on AMS. It was lovely and had buttons on the sleeves. I was about to bite, when I decided to check the reviews and they were terrible. Everyone said the quality was poor and that it pilled after one wearing. If that's the case with this line, I can see why they aren't pushing it.

>^..^< house cat

qvcaddition1290882290.3535761 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

I have a lot of the PF cashmere sweaters for years and just recently brought two. So much better quality than Macy's cashmere that I paid more for 3 years ago. Don't believe every review. You have a 30 day money back so try it. If it isn't up to your standard, you call CS and tell them this and they will waive the shipping back charge using their label. I do it this way and they or I call it defective. Give it a try. Now if people are comparing it to a 400 dollar cashmere like Oprah presented, yes, there might be a difference.

queendiva1290882739.973491 PostsRegistered 9/22/2006

Through the years, the quality of PF has absolutely declined. I still have a cable crewneck sweater that I think was maybe the first PF TSV they ever had many years ago. Now THAT was quality. I do have many PF sweaters purchased through the years. I enjoy wearing them and the value was very good, but like SO many other brands on the Q, quality is now all but non-existent.

house_cat1290883113.0638415 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California
On 11/27/2010 qvcaddition said:

I have a lot of the PF cashmere sweaters for years and just recently brought two. So much better quality than Macy's cashmere that I paid more for 3 years ago. Don't believe every review. You have a 30 day money back so try it. If it isn't up to your standard, you call CS and tell them this and they will waive the shipping back charge using their label. I do it this way and they or I call it defective. Give it a try. Now if people are comparing it to a 400 dollar cashmere like Oprah presented, yes, there might be a difference.

That's interesting. I find this to be the case with most of my QVC purchases. You can't compare them to top of the line garments, because that's not what you're paying for, yet I don't want to get junk that I can't wear twice. I just might try it. Here's a question for you since you have several sweaters in this line. I want to get a turtleneck, but I don't want it to be form fitting. I like a bit of a looser look. I'm normally a small in QVC sizing. Do these sweaters run true to QVC sizing? If they do, I'd order a medium, but if they are more like dept. store sizing I would even go up to a large.

ETA: they only have the black left in M anyway, but it would still be nice to know how the sizes run - thanks

Last edited on 11/27/2010

>^..^< house cat

qvcaddition1290883515.8875761 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

Delilah: I always get a medium because for me they run true to size. I have found over the years, and I don't know about sizing today, but the more expensive the smaller the size. This is how is use to be. In the PF sweaters, I still get a medium and find them comfortable.

About 5 years ago, I brought two of their loose fitting turtlenecks. The small would have been tighter, but not tight, and would have been OK, but I stuck to Medium and no problem.

Hope I didn't confuse you.

sher48591290884361.837810 PostsRegistered 8/7/2008Pa
On 11/27/2010 delilah_ said:

I haven't heard, but they presented a turtleneck this morning on AMS. It was lovely and had buttons on the sleeves. I was about to bite, when I decided to check the reviews and they were terrible. Everyone said the quality was poor and that it pilled after one wearing. If that's the case with this line, I can see why they aren't pushing it.

I have been looking at the sweater from this morning and thinking of getting. What sweater are you referring to? The one from this morning was Customer Top Rated 34/37 reviews were 5 stars.

Tomorrow is another day...

namealread­ytaken1290884885.837744 PostsRegistered 7/13/2009
On 11/27/2010 sher4859 said:
On 11/27/2010 delilah_ said:

I have been looking at the sweater from this morning and thinking of getting. What sweater are you referring to? The one from this morning was Customer Top Rated 34/37 reviews were 5 stars.

Exactly and all cashmere pills and whoever tells me they have worn cashmere repeatedly inside a warm building that has not pilled, then I call them not totally honest. Cashmere will pill. But if you buy a stone to remove the pills, it will be fine. You can shave it with a special razor, but the stone is better and more natural. Just google it. In fact, it only costs about the price of the postage.

house_cat1290886408.5838415 PostsRegistered 6/28/2009Southern California

This is the one I was looking at that I thought they were presenting this morning. I only read the first few reviews and they were all very bad. I want black. Only the M is left, but I'm not ready to order, so it's on my wishlist until December. It might be gone by then, but in the meantime I'm going to order one of those stones (thanks 'name') because I have another sweater that can use a shave!

>^..^< house cat

qvcaddition1290888296.385761 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

Delilah: Put it on check order and they hold it for you for 14 days, then it drops off your order status. This gives you time to make up your mind.

I have had cashmere from Macy's pill, but not one of my PF ones. I'm being totaly honest. I have nothing to gain to not tell the truth here. I do not have stock in the company or QVC, although I should have with all I buy. I also return a lot, but never one of the PF sweaters.

I even have the ruffled scarf and the animal print cardigan. Have zebra grey and going back for the leporard.

Barbara in­ Virginia1290889414.997863 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

Delilah, I have the PF sweater you are lookig at in Turq. I bought it despite the so-so reviews as I needed that color. I didn't like the bling buttons so changed them to some mother of pearl ones I had on hand. The cashmere is OK, not like the PF cashmere used to be. Some early ones I bought are much thicker and loftier. I would probably rate mine about three plus stars, not nearly as bed as many of the low ratings. But it's defiitely not five stars. I also hand wash all of my cashmere and finds that it gets loftier. I agree with Name that all cashmere will pill. I just remove the pills, sometimes with my finger and other times with a pill-removing gizmo I got. I also use it for other things which pill.

The Linea silk and cashmere blend T-neck is also VERY nice. It is very comfortable against the skin, and warmer than you might think with that blend. I gave it five stars! It comes in black but I don't know which sizes remain.

Page 1 of 1