TSV(R) Preview
89 Members and 16522 Guests Online

Fashion Talk

Colleen Lopez, TS---I'm a size 8

Started 1284699008.72 in Fashion Talk | Last reply 1285164778.217 by luvmyteddy

I am wearing the TS in a medium, I am now an 8--Colleen we got it. She is sounding/acting almost like our resident QVC Divas. Yes, you lost weight, you look great--we got it!

Page 1 of 2
azureblue1284699170.451020 PostsRegistered 11/25/2005East Coast

________

Last edited on 9/16/2010

Last edited on 9/16/2010

RLM's # 1 fan/

KittyLouWho1284714444.7226542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006

Good for her! Why do you have a problem with her saying so?

It seems like a good idea for her to mention it often as there are probably women who would order the size she is wearing based on what she's worn before so it's helpful for them to know that she's lost weight.

Colleen is beautiful no matter what size she is.

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

insomniac1284715724.127353 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Sounds like some envy going on.

insomniac

antyel1284715982.8810585 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Miami

I cannot believe I am up this early - oy vey!

I think the TS was beautiful and ordered it in black. I wish I was her size - she looks fantastic.

Ellen

"I Am Woman Hear Me Roar"
14 year breast cancer survivor!!

AngelLove21284717795.5072584 PostsRegistered 3/2/2007

I totally agree with the OP. For the past couple of years I have seen Colleen change. Good for Colleen for losing weight. I feel she has changed in attitude,too. She does act like a diva. Amy is my favorite host on HSN. I so hope she doesn't change down the road. Greater success does seem to strip some of humility.

imaclothes­hog1284720803.50721458 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

She has lost weight. She used to be the size I am now, a 10-12 and I always knew what she was wearing would fit me so now I know to go up a size basically. If she has lost enough weight to be an 8 now, good for her, she looks fantastic. Her hair color is very pretty and her figure is to die for. It helps me to know what size she has on so I can determine what size to order. I think if she is in the Med. then I need the Large if she is an 8. I am a 10 on top however I do not like my sweaters fitted and I do want room to layer a tank or cami or pretty blouse underneath the TS. I could use the Medium in the TS if I wanted it a little more close fitting but I don't. I have a black tank dress I am thinking of wearing the black TS with and so I do want a bit more room since I have broad shoulders.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

shopchocho­lic1284722507.2031513 PostsRegistered 9/2/2007

I dont understand the problem with stating their size. I keep hoping they would since that gives me an idea of what size to order in a garment i happen to be interested in. colleen or anyone else should be darn proud of losing weight and keeping it off. Its hard work. I know since I myself work at it. unfortunately it does not come naturally to me and many others.

the difference is I dont have a job that requires me to state my size to the general public. I have been in stores where people who are shopping for friends or family members will walk up to someone and ask them if a garment they are interested in purchasing will fit that person as they are similar in build to the person they have in mind. its just to get a reference point.

LipstickDi­va1284727007.13337354 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio

I think if Colleen was a size 14 or above, no one would have a problem with her stating her size. It's because she is a smaller size that women have a problem. Look how many times women complain about Lisa R. and Patti saying what size they are but never complain about Antonella, Leah or Jayne saying what size they are.

I know people on Colleen's FB were asking about the sizing and what size Colleen was wearing in it so maybe that's why she was really focusing in on that as well. On her FB page Colleen said she is a B&M size 8 but she can wear some 6s on HSN.

Was Colleen really wearing the medium because on FB she said she was wearing the small but could also do the medium.

Last edited on 9/17/2010

Last edited on 9/17/2010

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

winamac1284727217.84719053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana

This is a pretty sweater, but it is way too cropped for me.

ETA: I like it when the hosts say what size they are in and what size the models are in. It helps me to decide which size to get as I am built like one of the QVC models. I wish they'd state that all the time. I didn't see the show, but I'm sure Colleen only stated her size to help others choose which size to purchase.

COLLEEN--please make some items that are not CROPPED!{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Last edited on 9/17/2010

Last edited on 9/17/2010

SarahW1284731883.2316138 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

LOVE Colleen!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} (Agree about the sweater, Win.)

KittyLouWho1284732015.526542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 9/17/2010 Queen of Posts said:

I think if Colleen was a size 14 or above, no one would have a problem with her stating her size. It's because she is a smaller size that women have a problem. Look how many times women complain about Lisa R. and Patti saying what size they are but never complain about Antonella, Leah or Jayne saying what size they are.

I know people on Colleen's FB were asking about the sizing and what size Colleen was wearing in it so maybe that's why she was really focusing in on that as well. On her FB page Colleen said she is a B&M size 8 but she can wear some 6s on HSN.

Was Colleen really wearing the medium because on FB she said she was wearing the small but could also do the medium.

Last edited on 9/17/2010

Once again, QOP keepin it real!

"You make me feel like I've been locked out of heaven, for too long, for too long"
Bruno Mars

KittyLouWho1284732091.86326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006

It is pretty but it's a wee bit pricey for me.

Bruno Mars

JJsMom1284738887.25319808 PostsRegistered 10/25/2007

I loved that she stated her size and all the models' sizes.

I wish the Q hosts would do that more often, but then again they get bashed to high heaven (only the thinner ones though). If you're overweight and state your size, it's perfectly okay.

pupcakes1284738985.9921226 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

A little jealous, huh?

Life is like a snowstorm...you'll meet a lot of flakes.

chrystaltr­ee1284739428.1811886 PostsRegistered 5/10/2010

Give the woman a break, she has lost weight and she looks fantastic. Not to day that she wasn't just as fantastic when she was a size 10/12. Colleen seemed to be one of the very few show hosts (on all the shopping channels) who didn't buy into the skinny craze and liked herself just the way she was. I can understand why some people are a tad disappointed in her now. Well, she lost some weight and feels great about herself and she can't help saying the words. That happens to all of us when we lose weight, we all develop "weight loss euphoria". I should know. By Christmas, I should be in my dream size (10/12) and I'm sure I'll talk about it ad nauseum until people run when they see me...LOL

lulu21284745073.19720923 PostsRegistered 8/1/2007

Colleen looks very trim. I think she is wearing a medium because it is a nicer fit than the models who say they are wearing their true size. (I think it looks too small on most of them) Colleen said numerous times, you could go up a size. To me, that sounds like a suggestion.

KittyLouWho1284745730.05326542 PostsRegistered 1/11/2006
On 9/17/2010 chrystaltree said:

Give the woman a break, she has lost weight and she looks fantastic. Not to day that she wasn't just as fantastic when she was a size 10/12. Colleen seemed to be one of the very few show hosts (on all the shopping channels) who didn't buy into the skinny craze and liked herself just the way she was. I can understand why some people are a tad disappointed in her now. Well, she lost some weight and feels great about herself and she can't help saying the words. That happens to all of us when we lose weight, we all develop "weight loss euphoria". I should know. By Christmas, I should be in my dream size (10/12) and I'm sure I'll talk about it ad nauseum until people run when they see me...LOL

I'd guess that if Colleen liked herself just the way she was she wouldn't have lost weight.

Bruno Mars

imaclothes­hog1284746402.39321458 PostsRegistered 2/12/2006

I think most of her weight came off in her hips and thighs, she looked very trim last night on the TS presentation.

"If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it". ~Erma Bombeck

Karena1284746794.6975477 PostsRegistered 6/30/2008Bay Area, California

I think it's fine she mentioned her size. It helps the buyer get an idea of what size they might need to order. Gosh, she just went down a couple of sizes, and it's not like she's tiny at all. She has a nice, womanly figure, with plenty in the right places.

I find HSN and QVC to have vanity sizes anyway. I have ordered things in size small, and I was swimming in them, which is unusual.

devalen1284746814.17798 PostsRegistered 7/16/2005

Colleen is so real... I love watching her. I was very pleased that she said her size and what size sweater she was wearing. It was a good clue to us to order up if we wanted to look like her, and order our regular size if we wanted it to look pulled across the front like most of the models.

I personally get upset when QVC hosts do not give us this information. Shawn is really good at it. But others do not think like the customer and therefore skip many steps. I was going to order a RLM bracelet last night but the hostess (Lisa Mason) would not put it on nor where there any models with it on. You could only see it on the velvet stand. I had to pass.

luvmypupz1284747333.6334991 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010By the Sea Shore

I heard her state that also, and according to the measurements for them a med is 8-10, whereas on the Q it is considered a 10-12. I have previously heard her say she was a size 10. She looks great and very trim. I also liked that it was stated what size the models wore as in numeric size and what size they were wearing in the sweater.

"I confronted the fact that I was not only talking to a dog, but answering for one." - Claire Cook, Must Love Dogs

LipstickDi­va1284747531.47337354 PostsRegistered 4/22/2005On the Lake in Ohio
On 9/17/2010 Amphitrite said:

I think most of her weight came off in her hips and thighs, she looked very trim last night on the TS presentation.

Last week HSN was running a pretty old spot with Colleen for Sterling Designer Gallery. You can really see how much heavier she was. I noticed she had lost weight but when I saw that spot, it was very apparent.

You can't buy love but you can adopt it. Adopt, don't shop.

RedConvert­ibleGirl1284747608.57313917 PostsRegistered 9/3/2005Pacific NW

I don't think the OP is jealous. I get what she's saying. It's one thing to lose weight - good for that person - but when they cop an attitude and prance around and go on and on and on about how they are now thinner? Annoying! Lots of times people that have lost weight just get "that way".

I can think of one host that lost quite a bit of weight and boy do the comments fly around here about HER attitude. No one claims anyone is jealous then.

When we shoulder the mantle of compassion no cry goes unheard and no wound goes unhealed. In this world of seemingly endless suffering we have to believe that no one is beyond hope of rescue. Scotlund Haisley, Animal Rescue Corps

Zoologist1284747959.116013 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

Can't tell she's lost weight - she's always been curvy and a round, plump faced beauty.

I actually caught her saying that she's an 8, explaining that she's got on a smaller size now but had on the next size larger earlier, just depends on how snug a fit you want, etc.

So, this was in no way a Patti R or Lisa R "I'M SO ITTY BITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!" .

gigy1284751359.111244 PostsRegistered 1/17/2006

I ordered the jacket in athe grey and looking forward to receiving it. I hope it's not too dressy with all the sparkles on it.

Colleen looked ver nice last night, you could tell right away that she lost weight in her hips and legs. Wonder what she did?????????

Page 1 of 2