between the differnet color labels he puts in his clothing? I've seen items referred to as black label, green label, and I think other color labels, but I'm unclear if this indicates a difference in quality, or sizing, or style?
can someone with a lot more fashion savy than me twll me the difference?
Clothing for women
- Collection: The highest-end clothing line for women (which carries a purple label), Ralph Lauren Collection is what walks the runway each fashion season. Collection is the ultimate expression of Ralph's Lifestyle vision for the season. The collection includes classic eveningwear, tailored blazers, outerwear, sportswear, handbags, Jewelry, and other small leather goods and accessories. Collection is sold exclusively through Ralph Lauren Boutiques and high-end department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, andBloomingdale's.
- Black Label: An extension of the Collection line, with modern, high-end casual and semi-formal women's wear. Black Label clothing can be found at Ralph Lauren Boutiques and high-end department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Saks Fifth Avenue, andBloomingdale's.
- Blue Label: Introduced as Blue Label in 2002. Similar in price point and styling to the Polo men's line; has classic American styling. Knit polo-style shirts with the Polo pony are part of the Blue Label line. Blue Label is available exclusively through ralphlauren.com and through Polo Ralph Lauren stores, including factory outlet stores.
- Lauren by Ralph Lauren: Less pricey versions of Blue Label styles. Available at ralphlauren.com and higher-end department stores. Available in Plus sizes/
- Ralph Lauren Golf: Golf attire collection for women. Launched in 1998.
- Lauren Jeans Co.: The casual version of Lauren Ralph Lauren. Denim and casual basics available at ralphlauren.com and in department stores.
Clothing for men and women
- RLX ('Ralph Lauren Extreme'): A technical sports apparel line, focusing on clothing and outerwear built for outdoor sports such as tennis, golf, skiing, sailing, and hiking, launched in 1998. Primarily distributed through ralphlauren.com
- Polo Sport: A discontinued line of casual sports clothing that was introduced for men in 1993 and women in 1996. It was retired in 2005 and ultimately replaced by RLX as well as the Golf andTennis lines. The Polo Sport fragrance lines continue to exist as remants of this label (seeFragrances below).
- Double RL (Written "RRL"): Ralph's vintage American sportswear line is inspired by his "RRL" ranch in Colorado. The line consist of the high-quality (and highly popular) denim, as well other casual sportswear with a vintage flair. Found mostly in RRL Stores and the occasional Ralph Lauren Boutique, this line of clothing is often immersed in a selection of hand-selected vintage clothing, accessories and art chosen specifically to emphasize the RRL lifestyle signature to Ralph Lauren.
- Rugby Ralph Lauren: A brand launched in 2004 focusing on collegiate apparel with a similar look to the pricier Polo and Blue Label brands. Sold at signature Rugby stores and through rugby.com. Not available at RL stores.
- Tennis: Sports clothing for tennis players. Special collections for the US Open tournaments (seeSports sponsorship below).
- Polo Jeans Co.: Denim inspired jeans and sportswear line. Discontinued in 2006, relaunched for European distribution in 2009.
- Pink Pony: A charity line of sportswear and accessories all carrying a pink Polo pony. A portion of the proceeds benefit cancer research. Predominantly for women, the line also includes polo shirts for men.
- Create your own: A special collection of shirts, polos and hats as part of the Polo or Blue Labellines that can be monogrammed and individually arranged in terms of color and embroidery. Available at ralphlauren.com since 2003.
- Chaps: A line of "classic heritage and timeless aesthetic", which is "enduring and affordable" at providing clothing that contains "casual basics designed for versatility and ease of wear to smart, finely tailored silhouettes perfect for business and more formal occasions." This line is exclusively available at Kohl's for women and for men's available at Kohl's for all sizes and Belkfor standard men's sizes. This brand is licensed to be managed by Phillips-Van Heusen, and are "marketed at moderate price points" for the "updated traditional consumer".
thanks Alita101 ! great information.