TSV(R) Preview
133 Members and 11062 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

lg 800g tracfone selling on qvc

Started 1341076230.133 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1341146757.043 by autumnfaire

i am thinking of purchasing the lg800g tracfone . can anyone give me any reviews on this phone. tired of paying monthly bill and are thinking of going prepaid.

thanks for your answers

Page 1 of 1
betteb1341076801.18716472 PostsRegistered 1/1/2008The Land of Oz

I have the phone and love it. I bought mine from HSN and I recomend that you do too.

It comes with 1400 mins ( Q's comes with 1200) plus triple minutes for life and it's on free shipping and 3 flex pay and it's only $9 more.

LINK

It's a great phone and I am very happy to be away from the monthly bills. In my area Trac Phone uses both ATT and TMobile towers so I have had no reception problems.

"God forbid you ever had to walk a mile in his shoes. 'Cause then you really might know what it's like to sing the blues" Everlast

Marp1341076973.813480 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western NC

HSN has a Samsung tracfone TSV today (Saturday, June 30th) that includes wifi web access, 1500 minutes with triple minutes for life, etc. I ordered to upgrade my current tracfone, which happens to be an LG. I liked my old Samsung better and inside buildings got better reception with the Samsung than I do with the LG.

A dog chasing his tail eventually bites himself.

SoX1341078415.98035 PostsRegistered 2/21/2009

Marp, I just ordered the Samsung TS today, too. I'm going to transport the minutes remaining on my LG touch screen to the Samsung.

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Boomerjo1341080044.3931445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana

Well I also ordered the Samsung because my LG was about to run out of time and I have never been that fond of the LG and had a Samsung before so when mine arrives I will transfer my remaining minutes and keep my phone number. Good deal and really like the Wi-Fi on the Samsung. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

gem lover1341080831.37890 PostsRegistered 2/12/2008Florida

HELP!

I am not familiar with the tracfone. Could someone please explain the way they work. I just purchased the Samsung on HSN with 1500 free minutes and triple minutes for life. How do I get my phone number transferred and if I run out of minutes, how does it work? Are there Tracfone stores around the country that will give you directions on how the phone works. Does anyone have this Samsung phone????? Thanks. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Boomerjo1341081330.1531445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana
On 6/30/2012 gem lover said:

HELP!

I am not familiar with the tracfone. Could someone please explain the way they work. I just purchased the Samsung on HSN with 1500 free minutes and triple minutes for life. How do I get my phone number transferred and if I run out of minutes, how does it work? Are there Tracfone stores around the country that will give you directions on how the phone works. Does anyone have this Samsung phone????? Thanks. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

When you get the phone you will call Tracfone and they will take care of everything for you. You have to be sure a activate it withing 60 days from today to get the triple minutes for life on the phone. They will transfer your phone number to your new phone and you can add minutes through the tracfone website or you can buy the cards locally. Hope all this helps. I have had a Samsung and also ordered the TS to replace my LG that was about to run out of my year time on it. I wasn't that happy with the LG so now I'm glad that they had a Samsung for the TS.

Hope this information helps a little. Maybe watching the presentation again would also help. I plan on watching again to see if I missed anything.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Last edited on 6/30/2012

ownsyjay1341081523.8422 PostsRegistered 5/11/2006

HELP!

Hi, Gem Lover,

I don't have a tracfone, but I do have a prepaid and did a quick check at the Tracfone site to see if their programs were similar. It will come with the 1500 free minutes. When you get the phone, you must call them to activate the triple minutes, and I think at the same time you ask to have your old number ported over. The HSN website tells you much of this, so you may want to check that out. It may take a few days to get the porting done before you'll be able to use your new phone; if you didn't port your number, I think it would be pretty much an instant thing once you called. If you run out of minutes, you can buy a phone card at places like your local drugstore, online at Tracfone, or there is a feature you can activate at their website that allows you to buy extra minutes on demand from your phone.

Marp1341081678.89313480 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western NC

Gem,

This particular phone is supposed to be exclusive to HSN at this time and is new today. You will get instructions with the phone on how to activate it, etc. You will be able to port over your number at that time. Although not difficult some of the instructions may be a little confusing so I would strongly recommend that when you have the phone in hand and have looked over the instructions that you post specific questions at that time. There should also be a toll free number for HSN purchasers of the phone to use for help.

Down the line if you need to add minutes you can add them directly from your phone if you have registered with tracfone and have a card on file (easiest), you can do a purchase online or you can buy airtime cards in many businesses like Walmart, k-mart, pharmacies, convenience stores, Big Lots, etc. They are readily available.

gem lover1341083884.927890 PostsRegistered 2/12/2008Florida

Does it pay to buy the 2 year replacement plan for $13.95 on the Samsung Tracfone????

Will they transfer over all my contacts from my old phone?

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Boomerjo1341086900.891445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana

Does it pay to buy the 2 year replacement plan for $13.95 on the Samsung Tracfone????

Last edited on 6/30/2012

I have never bought the replacement plan because usually when it's time and my year is up HSN usually has another better phone for a TS. That way I upgrade and get additional minutes besides what I usually carry over from my previous plan. So personally I think it's kind of a waste. Tracfone will work with you if your phone has problems or they did with me last year when my phone had a glitz they just sent me a replacement phone.

gem lover1341095366.177890 PostsRegistered 2/12/2008Florida
On 6/30/2012 Boomerjo said:

<em>Does it pay to buy the 2 year replacement plan for $13.95 on the Samsung Tracfone????</em>

Last edited on 6/30/2012

I have never bought the replacement plan because usually when it's time and my year is up HSN usually has another better phone for a TS. That way I upgrade and get additional minutes besides what I usually carry over from my previous plan. So personally I think it's kind of a waste. Tracfone will work with you if your phone has problems or they did with me last year when my phone had a glitz they just sent me a replacement phone.

Thank you Boomerjo,

Will they transfer my CONTACTS that are in my present phone to my new phone????

autumnfaire1341096555.714960 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005

I've had this phone for 2 months, really don't like it. It either doesn't read my fingers, or is hyper sensitive, it locks up while I'm using it, it unlocks in my purse and goes on the web....I'm getting the HSN TSV and transferring my minutes over, because you really aren't paying for these phones, you are just paying for the minutes, and you can't buy 1200 or 1500 minutes and Triple Minutes for $99.00 from Tracfone.

hckynut1341098090.6219661 PostsRegistered 5/20/2006Nebraska

Looks to me like that LG 800 costs $110 plus about 8 bucks to get it. Looks like 18 bucks more and all you are getting is the phone, no minutes/no chargers, no nothing, unless I am reading it wrong.

There is some on in the other TracFone thread that said they own the LG800, and if they didn't have so many months and minutes left, they would go for this Samsung. So I am guessing they would prefer the Samsung if there LG800 minutes and time were about to expire.

You might check out that other thread about this.

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Last edited on 6/30/2012

hckynut(john)

Boomerjo1341105084.8331445 PostsRegistered 11/29/2004Indiana

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Maybe the sim card from your old phone can be installed in this phone to keep your contacts. Not sure but I wish they would address this.

sueinsf1341105787.1432384 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I got the LG 800 when it was a TSV on HSN and a better deal (1500 minutes and triple minutes for life) and I think that also came with a skin and ear buds for $99.95 and free shipping (hckynut the Q one does say it comes with a wall charger and car charger).

I've been very happy with it, using it nearly 4 months, but I don't use it for internet browsing or accessing email. I get better coverage with it using both AT&T and T-Mobile towers than I did with my much more expensive T-Mobile alone.

I would strongly suggest, if you get this or any Tracfone, that you activate it ONLINE and not by phone. You will see a variety of negative reviews saying how much trouble people had dealing with Tracfone over the phone. Online it was totally a breeze and quite fast to port my number and activate, then add my minutes. These instructions came with the phone. As to the locking/unlocking, you can set the autolock and change it as often as you wish. When it's in my purse, I always have the autolock feature on, so it doesn't dial without my knowledge and waste minutes, and when I am home I keep it unlocked. If the lock button continues to show it takes a second or two to take it off. I don't have issues with that.

Cannot speak to the Samsung, but probably worth looking at that phone. However, it's exclusive to HSN so you won't be able to check any reviews on it yet.

Marp1341106444.2813480 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Western NC
On 6/30/2012 Boomerjo said:

<em>Does it pay to buy the 2 year replacement plan for $13.95 on the Samsung Tracfone????</em>

Last edited on 6/30/2012

Maybe the sim card from your old phone can be installed in this phone to keep your contacts. Not sure but I wish they would address this.

This phone will come with its own sim card and it is highly unlikely they are interchangeable. Vendor did say that if contacts are stored on an SD card (which is not an option on the phone I have) they can be transferred that way.

MsShade1341107044.56183 PostsRegistered 10/30/2006Texas

I got the LG 800g from HSN earlier this year when it was a today special. I rarely use the phone so the 1500 minutes will last me all year. I too will just get a new phone when HSN has a today special next year (they seem to have one quarterly) rather than buying more minutes.

Anyway I look at Amazon reviews and found this useful tutorial link. Should answer questions about using the phone,

http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/straighttalk/home.seam?custId=TFLG800G&locale=en_US

If the link doesn't work just google lg800g tutorial.

autumnfaire1341146757.0434960 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005

When I bought the phone, it was $99 with free shipping, now the price is higher. It comes with both a wall and car charger.

I do use the auto lock, but it unlocks itself in my purse. The phone is set to lock after 60 seconds, but continously locks up every 5 seconds or so when I am trying to make a call, go online, etc. I unlock it, but in a few seconds, it locks again. Thus, the frustration....

Page 1 of 1