Dooney & Bourke
40 Members and 17548 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

LG Tracfone from HSN

Started 1329357755.603 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1332703788.173 by merlin93

I received mine today and it took a while but it's all set up including transferring unused minutes and time from my Samsung T301G tracfone. I thought I'd upgrade since I had the Samsung for about 2 1/2 yrs. and I actually still like it.

The problem I was having with the new LG phone was that I couldn't set up vmail. I was able to make dinner while holding on for a rep. When you press the #1 on the phone it should take you to vmail, however, I was getting a message that the call couldn't be completed as dialed. The rep gets a supervisor to help him and I'm told to dial my complete phone # which allowed me to set up voice mail.

Now I'm back on hold with Tracfone (almost 30 minutes) since I still can't use the #1 to dial voice mail. I thought once I got it set up I'd be able to just hit 1 and be connected. It does work if I dial my entire number and it also uses minutes.

I hope they can get this worked out otherwise I'm returning it and then I'll have to try to get my minutes and time back which was transferred to the new phone.

If anyone received this phone and knows anything about this issue I'd like to hear from you.

Thanks!

ETA: Back on with the rep who has me on hold while he's calling various departments....geeze this isn't going well. lol

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



Page 1 of 2
LadyO1329359090.6931530 PostsRegistered 7/24/2006

I can't answer your question.............. But while waiting for mine to arrive I have been doing a lot of reading on line regarding this phone................

I found a site that others are sharing info........

http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2011/04/lg-800g-tracfones-first-touchscreen.html

There is a poster that seems very informed with this phone & provides great feed back.......

"Yeswap" That's the name of the poster..................... There are a couple of videos on this link................. but scroll all the way down until you get to the reviews & comments..........

Hopefully you will find the info your looking for.................. I found this site by checking out Yahoo Groups......................

Charming11329360454.011580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Great, thanks Lady O good to know. I'm getting nowhere fast at the moment. I'm still on w/the rep.!

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



LadyO1329361277.9071530 PostsRegistered 7/24/2006

Hopefully you're on a Land Line & not using up your cell minutes................. In doing my research, I've heard their customer service is not the best............... But there is a number where you can reach a U.S. customer svc. rep............. I'll see if I can find it for you........ Just in case...................

LadyO1329362449.181530 PostsRegistered 7/24/2006

Charming: I was able to find this # from that link................

To get prompt professional support from TracFone call the Miami based TracFone Executive Resolutions Department at 1-800-876-5753 Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern time.

As per "Yeswap"......................

sueinsf1329370838.012448 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

Mine doesn't appear to have shipped yet, which is making me nervous because it should have gone out yesterday (my order didn't actually get fully processed until after midnight, so it was officially the 12th). At the time, they told me all skins were available so I'm hoping my color choice isn't holding it up. Wouldn't be the first time HSN oversold an item and then didn't have it available. But hoping that isn't the case...

Charming11329395846.131580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 2/15/2012 LadyO said:

Charming: I was able to find this # from that link................

To get prompt professional support from TracFone call the Miami based TracFone Executive Resolutions Department at 1-800-876-5753 Monday - Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm Eastern time.

As per "Yeswap"......................

I'm going to hang on to this info. Thanks again Lady O!

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



Charming11329396163.7271580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

After spending far too much time on the phone with Tracfone the issue was finally resolved. A rep needed to get a supervisor to assist and the bottom line was he had me do a "master reset" (which I guess resets the factory settings) and vmail now works as it should by just hitting the #1.

First he had me code in a vmail phone number into another soft key and this worked however I had to save the number as a contact and if I ever mistakenly deleted the contact I'd have to know the vmail phone number and code it in all over again so I didn't like this idea. He told me my phone was defective and he could send me a new one and I wanted to do that and then he said let's first try the master reset.

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



Charming11329396376.8571580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 2/15/2012 sueinsf said:

Mine doesn't appear to have shipped yet, which is making me nervous because it should have gone out yesterday (my order didn't actually get fully processed until after midnight, so it was officially the 12th). At the time, they told me all skins were available so I'm hoping my color choice isn't holding it up. Wouldn't be the first time HSN oversold an item and then didn't have it available. But hoping that isn't the case...

Just fyi...I ordered mine last Saturday, the 11th with the black skin, and received it yesterday.

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



robomo1329396650.8239451 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

I've had my TracFone for quite awhile now and I love it. I have to say that the calls are the clearest I've ever had in all my years with another carrier. The phone rocks and I got triple minutes for life. BUT, the customer service STINKS!!!!! They cannot speak English and while nice, they really don't have a clue. Most of the time, they are reading from a script. I still wouldn't trade it though.

The Voice Mail thing isn't an issue with me - when I have voice mail, I just click on Call and it calls for me and I get my messages. But I have the LG phone. I hope you get it worked out - they do have a pretty good web site with instructions on a lot of things/

Good luck!

Islandgirl­70321329396692.2712846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA

Please let me know what you find out about setting up the voicemail Charming!

My phone arrived yesterday & everything's been transferred, so the voicemail is all I have left to do.

I really love this phone!

TIA!




Charming11329396828.2671580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

Something I don't like is when trying to get vmail the keypad is locked and you have to unlock it, press the dial pad, and then enter the password. The supervisor told me this is a security feature...but it's awkward.

There is a feature to to turn the main lock off or change the time setting on the phone to lock it but there doesn't seem to be anything to keep the vmail keypad unlocked. I'm going to try do some research on the web about it this evening.

And I didn't recall minutes being deducted to call vmail when using my old phone but minutes are deducted for calling vmail....maybe I never noticed since I don't use the phone all that often.

It seems to be a nice phone...time will tell!

I have to get ready for work. Have a good day everyone and I hope you get your phones today!

Last edited on 2/16/2012

Last edited on 2/16/2012

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



robomo1329397378.2739451 PostsRegistered 3/15/2005

You can turn off the Lock feature, but then you will purse dial people! Or something like that. If it's locked, you don't have to worry about anything getting connected in error from touching it. You get used to it, but I agree that at first, it was sort of a nuisance.

You have a good day too!

namaste0001329416662.547579 PostsRegistered 7/21/2006

Thanks to all who posted!!

I can't wait to get my phone - it shipped 2/15 and I am on the east coast, so maybe soon.

Thanks for the link (already bookmarked) and the phone number - am all prepared (I hope!)

Good Luck to all with this purchase!

One of the secrets of a happy life is continuous small treats. -Iris Murdoch

circles1329430300.8617895 PostsRegistered 5/11/2005N.J.

I just received mine, today....I am going to read all these posts....I am sure there will be good info I will need....

sueinsf1329432961.4072448 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006
On 2/16/2012 Charming1 said:
On 2/15/2012 sueinsf said:

Mine doesn't appear to have shipped yet, which is making me nervous because it should have gone out yesterday (my order didn't actually get fully processed until after midnight, so it was officially the 12th). At the time, they told me all skins were available so I'm hoping my color choice isn't holding it up. Wouldn't be the first time HSN oversold an item and then didn't have it available. But hoping that isn't the case...

Just fyi...I ordered mine last Saturday, the 11th with the black skin, and received it yesterday.

Not sure what the delay was, but mine finally shipped today. However, being on the West Coast it will probably take awhile to get here (unless it goes out of a WC warehouse), but still, happy it's on its way and looking forward to getting it.

Nightowlz1329433395.34310025 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/16/2012 robomo said:

You can turn off the Lock feature, but then you will purse dial people! Or something like that. If it's locked, you don't have to worry about anything getting connected in error from touching it. You get used to it, but I agree that at first, it was sort of a nuisance.

You have a good day too!

I tried to turn the lock feature off & I could not get it to say unlocked. I ordered mine to replace my old Tracfone & wanted the TMFL. I just ordered another TS the other day for DH. Just got an email saying it's been shipped. DH said they have that feature because a lot of people make what they call butt calls. LOL!!! I bought a leather cell phone holder to keep mine in so the screen does not get scratched up.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

Islandgirl­70321329436416.31712846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA

Me either Nightowl. It comes back.




jGalt1329437507.771628 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Texas

FYI, Tracfone has a Facebook page where they seem to help people with misc. issues. I've never asked a question there...only read.

contented1329443969.3234736 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/16/2012 nightowlz said:
On 2/16/2012 robomo said:

You can turn off the Lock feature, but then you will purse dial people! Or something like that. If it's locked, you don't have to worry about anything getting connected in error from touching it. You get used to it, but I agree that at first, it was sort of a nuisance.

You have a good day too!

I tried to turn the lock feature off & I could not get it to say unlocked. I ordered mine to replace my old Tracfone & wanted the TMFL. I just ordered another TS the other day for DH. Just got an email saying it's been shipped. DH said they have that feature because a lot of people make what they call butt calls. LOL!!! I bought a leather cell phone holder to keep mine in so the screen does not get scratched up.

Here's the link to the LG Tracfone Tutorial on how to set the time for the auto-lock to kick in:

It won't let me post the link to that specific page of their site. So I'll copy/paste the info:

1.

From the main screen, press the "Menu" icon located at the lower right hand corner of your screen.

2.

Press the "Settings" icon.

3.

Press "Phone."

4.

Press "Auto-Lock."

5.

Press the time you would like to set the auto-lock to. "Saved" will appear on the screen.

6.

To return to the main screen, press the red END key.

It's from http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com

Last edited on 2/16/2012

Last edited on 2/16/2012

Charming11329448750.8271580 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007
On 2/16/2012 contented said:
On 2/16/2012 nightowlz said:
On 2/16/2012 robomo said:

You can turn off the Lock feature, but then you will purse dial people! Or something like that. If it's locked, you don't have to worry about anything getting connected in error from touching it. You get used to it, but I agree that at first, it was sort of a nuisance.

You have a good day too!

I tried to turn the lock feature off & I could not get it to say unlocked. I ordered mine to replace my old Tracfone & wanted the TMFL. I just ordered another TS the other day for DH. Just got an email saying it's been shipped. DH said they have that feature because a lot of people make what they call butt calls. LOL!!! I bought a leather cell phone holder to keep mine in so the screen does not get scratched up.

Here's the link to the LG Tracfone Tutorial on how to set the time for the auto-lock to kick in:

It won't let me post the link to that specific page of their site. So I'll copy/paste the info:

1.

From the main screen, press the "Menu" icon located at the lower right hand corner of your screen.

2.

Press the "Settings" icon.

3.

Press "Phone."

4.

Press "Auto-Lock."

5.

Press the time you would like to set the auto-lock to. "Saved" will appear on the screen.

6.

To return to the main screen, press the red END key.

It's from http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com

Last edited on 2/16/2012

I did this last night and set it on "never". I'll see how this works out since I don't want to make "purse" calls! lol And this is for the lock on the main screen. I don't think the auto lock on the voice mail menu can be changed.

“My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best.” ― Winston Churchill



LadyO1329523742.4131530 PostsRegistered 7/24/2006

Got my phone today............. Will not be activating till' March that's when my contract is up.................. Only problem there seems to be a 5 day waiting period to import your number to the new phone.............. I currently have a BlackBerry w/AT&T............. I cannot go 5 days without a phone................ How is everyone else handling this............

This did not come up during my research....................

Nightowlz1329523946.49710025 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I did that & set never & it still locked.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” Will Rogers

gojo1329524678.9973316 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

There is a way to turn it off - can't think of it right now - but you don't want to do that. Mine was off for a while and while in my purse it hit the "internet" and I lost about 30 minutes before I realized - thank goodness I went in to make a call. I do love the phone - got my dh one and set his up yesterday.

Bijou1329528346.97387 PostsRegistered 5/9/2006

When you are setting up your contacts, do you save the number to the internal memory or the SIM card? What is the difference? There must be pros and cons to both

gojo1329532576.8733316 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

With the new phones and deals I never thought about the SIM card. I guess if you're going to tranfer your SIM card you would want to save it there. I usually end up just putting my contacts in again. I remember about 4 years ago I was with T-Mobile trac phone but I had to buy the phone ($79 at Sam's) - the guy there took the card out and put it in the new one so all my contacts were there. But then I had to purchase 1000 minutes for $100.

Page 1 of 2