TSV(R) Preview
59 Members and 9356 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Samsung Galaxy - Setting up VoiceMail?

Started 1313003925.53 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1313070414.067 by knittykitty
replies

I received my new SMART PHONE, the Samsung Galaxy Prevail, on 8/6/11 and have yet to be able to set up the voice mail account. I have followed the manual instructions, the BoostMobile web site instructions, the SMART PHONE tutorial, and just today, the instructions from a live human being at BoostMobile, but to no avail !!!Even the wireless vendor themselves cannot get the voice mail set up? What kind of "deal" is this? A complicated computer program is easier to set up that this thing., and I've set up a few !!!

I am a loyal QVC customer and have been for over 15 years, but this item is a dud for me. It was touted as easy to set up, has a great "shrinking' pay plan starting at $50.00 per month for six months, then decreasing to $45.00 a month for six months, etc. if paid on time. Setting up the BoostMobile account then getting the payments on my credit card were easy, but now I have a problem which can't seem to be solved.

Is it BoostMobile, the phone itself, or what?

Does anyone out there have a solution to my problem? My obvious solution is to return it before the thirty days are up!

Page 1 of 1
Pinkroses1313007818.0571305 PostsRegistered 12/9/2007TN
I got the same phone last month from QVC and have had no problem setting up, but I bet the problem is with Boost Mobile. Sometimes I have no bars and no phone service. It does not matter to me because I just use the phone for email and as a Kindle only. I have an IPhone too. I knowvthat is strange believe me I have been told!! Last edited on 8/10/2011

Last edited on 8/10/2011

From iPad Air

knittykitty1313070414.0571030 PostsRegistered 4/13/2007Gig Harbor, WA
On 8/10/2011 LillyoftheValley said: I got the same phone last month from QVC and have had no problem setting up, but I bet the problem is with Boost Mobile. Sometimes I have no bars and no phone service. It does not matter to me because I just use the phone for email and as a Kindle only. I have an IPhone too. I knowvthat is strange believe me I have been told!! Last edited on 8/10/2011

so, I am wondering: can you use a smart phone as a mini-tablet for email, web, reader, using JUST the wi-fi sans any phone carrier??????? or must you have both set up with a phone carrier??? seems to me even without a SIM card, the wi-fi would work, no? Someone???

Page 1 of 1