Just-Reduced Clearance
72 Members and 9638 Guests Online

Electronics Talk

Problem activating tracfone

Started 1310797143.98 in Electronics Talk | Last reply 1310936470.107 by cerinthe
replies

I purchased the LG800g tracfone, which is my first cell phone. I used the computer to activate it, however, I eventually got to a screen that said another account was using my serial number -- and then a screen that said if your serial number does not appear above, "click here". I clicked, but nothing seemed to happen. So then I called their phone number, and went through the process with their computer (Don't know how to get to a real person). Anyway, in my mind, I have activated it twice. But my phone still says "activation required". I can't e-mail them, as tracfone phone number is a required field, and I don't have a phone number yet. What am I doing wrong here?

Page 1 of 1
sunbeam1310807407.417186 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Same thing happened to me - exactly. Call back and choose the option for tech support. I eventually got a real person who activated the phone, they told me to wait 24 hrs but it still did not work. The tech support person walked me through inputting several long strings of numbers under that code thingie and it worked. Took about 30 minutes on the phone with him and a lot of numbers but eventually worked. Their tech support people were very nice!

bigsister1310812217.9535617 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Southern California

I was thinking of maybe getting a Tracfone, but now I'm not so sure. Seems like a headache to get it going.

Sandysue1310813801.3031293 PostsRegistered 1/15/2007

Tracfones are great. It's the only cell phone I've ever used. I had the same activation problem with the HSN TS a few months back, but once I got a person I had no problems and was activated quickly. There was a number with the literature that I found after I went through the annoying phone prompts that I wished I had called first because it brought me instantly to a human. This was the only time after around four phones that I had an activation problem. I gave my former Tracfone to my husband and it's perfect for him.

Luma21310833629.223235 PostsRegistered 12/15/2010

Thanks Sunbeam et. al. I am about to leave to spend a few days about 30 miles from home (same area code). Don't know whether I should try from a non-home location, or if they are available on weekends? Otherwise I will, of course, try next week when I am home.

cerinthe1310936470.0872608 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

I have been using tracfones for a couple of years now with no problems ever. I got the LG800G for the TS deal from H*N. When it arrived, the package came with all the info about how to activate the phone, which for me, was a 1-800 number which was answered (in 2 minutes too!) by a real person.

They walked me through the activation. Then they transferred my old tracfone number (I had to have both cell phones ready to go, charged/plugged in, which I did,) to my new touchscreen, and it took about 15 minutes. In fact, *I* was the one who slowed the whole process down because I kept asking questions. He spoke perfect english, no problems and was very knowledgable in all honesty. All my airtime, phone minutes and phone number transderred to my new phone before I got off the phone with customer service. I hung up with them, and I then called a different phone number, as per my instructions, to activate my triple minutes. Because of some posts (on other forums,) saying people weren't getting their triple minutes, I went ahead and bought a little more airtime. The triple minutes and my bonus code (all done online via tracfone's website,) worked perfectly.

Since then, I haven't had any problems and although I don't text a lot, apparently all my texts, videos and photos I've been sending have gone through ok. I am receiving normally as far as I can tell and from testing it out a bit.

All I can suggest is to speak with the customer service on that 1-800 number that is on your LG800g box, that the phone came in. They will hopefully solve your problem quickly! Then I recommend reading some of the other LG800g threads on here, and on the web, and test your new phone. Send and receive texts, photos and videos. Etc.If you have any problems, call the Executive Solutions phone number in Miami for tracfone. They will take care of you.

Good luck, I hope all your problems get solved!

Page 1 of 1