TSV(R) Preview
118 Members and 11424 Guests Online

Dooney & Bourke

Please explain the "trade in" and Dooney & Bourke

Started 1277555922.827 in Dooney & Bourke | Last reply 1277959517.58 by SandyBE
replies

I am curious since I just read a post about trade ins with Dooney. I don't know how that works. Will they take an almost new B Mak bag? Where do I send it? Do I then get credit for what? What Dooney thinks my B Mak bag is worth? And then what? Do I have to use that credit amount on a Dooney bag? How do I get in touch with Dooney to find out more after you talk to me. Thanks so much.

Page 1 of 1
shesallthat1277563010.00710172 PostsRegistered 4/4/2005

your B Mak bag is not worth anything to dooney - their trade in program is for their bags only.

she said: "that's alot of money to spend on a purse!" and i instantly knew we could not be friends.

bigsister1277717956.955716 PostsRegistered 5/15/2010Southern California

Thanks for that info. I appreciate it.

dmqshopper1277727291.731494 PostsRegistered 7/18/2009

This is the first I'm hearing of this. What is it about and how do I do it? Thanks.

mineralgir­l11277727805.781492 PostsRegistered 9/18/2006New York

I'm not exactly sure but I believe if you send a used bag to their headquarters in Connecticut, they will give you 50% of the value which you can use toward a new bag from their website.

"There are no limits to growth and human progess when men and woman are free to follow their dreams." R.Reagan

Sunshine K­ate1277728467.00712238 PostsRegistered 11/13/2006The Beautiful Mountains & Western Sky

I don't know how this works, but here's their contact information to find out the real scoop.

CLICK HERE FOR D & B

Respectfully ~
Kate

JerseyGirl­atHeart1277758713.33353 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

Here's some additional information about the buy back program and the address should you want to trade in a bag{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thank you for contacting our company. Dooney & Bourke does offer a trade in program. We will offer you half the current retail price on the item that you send in to apply towards a new item of equal or greater value.

Please ship your item back to us via ups or insured mail along with your name, address, daytime phone number and the reason for the return. Once we receive it within 7-10 days you will receive a card in the mail with your options on it. Give us a call and place your new order with us. Please note that some new collections may be excluded from the program.

Ship to:

Dooney & Bourke

Attn: Returns

1 Regent St

Norwalk, CT 06855

Sincerely,

Customer Service

** Please note, the above information must be included with your return or we will be unable to process your request. **

SandyBE1277801567.35397 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007
On 6/28/2010 JerseyGirlatHeart said:

Here's some additional information about the buy back program and the address should you want to trade in a bag{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Thank you for contacting our company. Dooney & Bourke does offer a trade in program. We will offer you half the current retail price on the item that you send in to apply towards a new item of equal or greater value.

Please ship your item back to us via ups or insured mail along with your name, address, daytime phone number and the reason for the return. Once we receive it within 7-10 days you will receive a card in the mail with your options on it. Give us a call and place your new order with us. Please note that some new collections may be excluded from the program.

Ship to:

Dooney & Bourke

Attn: Returns

1 Regent St

Norwalk, CT 06855

Sincerely,

Customer Service

** Please note, the above information must be included with your return or we will be unable to process your request. **

I thought this was the reason for registering the bags, and in the 1st year if the bag developes a problem, D&B replaces it. If it is over a year old and something happens to it, thats when they send an offer of half off of a new bag. Correct me if I am worng?...

(Thats what happened when I had to send a bag back for popped stitching... my MIL also returned a bag and this is how it worked)

SO can this be used to just trade up any older D&Bs that are perfect but just out dated? I have a D&B handbag fronm the 80's that is like brand new... just wouldnt carry it now...

Last edited on 6/29/2010

Last edited on 6/29/2010

JerseyGirl­atHeart1277824160.49353 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

The trade in program is not for replacing damaged bags. It's for trading in older bags that you don't use anymore and they give you, generally, a credit for half and you use it towards the purchase of another bag that is at least double the amount of your credit. I have used the trade in program and it works very well I traded in a bag that was too small for me that I had purchased a couple of years before for a calf tote that suited my needs. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} If you have bags that you don't use you should think about trading them in. You have 30 days to use your credit or they will return the bag to you.

Hope this helps{#emotions_dlg.lol}

SandyBE1277959517.57397 PostsRegistered 7/9/2007

Thanks for the info Jersey girl, I talked to my MIL and she said we returned them under the warranty.

I am def sending a bag in then!

Page 1 of 1