New Contributor

Peeling leather on Hobo Lock bag

I ordered the Dooney Logo Lock bag in leather and received it two days ago. Been waiting on the Saddle Tan color so when I saw that it was now available I jumped on it. I have wanted this bag for over a year, but I have never spent that much on a bag ever. Then I noticed flaking or peeling on a small spot on the front of the bag. There is white showing in those spots. Also I can feel a small scale like piece of leather moving around when I try to make it go away. My question is will it just get worse? I know I can or should return it but after reading these forums I have learned that some people are getting returned bags or some are getting ones that have a bad smell. Mine was perfect and I am afraid to try another bag or exchange not knowing what condition the bag will be in. Would a new color choice wear better than the Saddle Tan? Really like this bag and wanted to enjoy it, but now I just am not sure what to do about it. I thought that all of the Dooney leather was drum dyed but don't think so now. Thanks.