Back-in-Stock Fashions
18 Members and 12797 Guests Online

Dooney & Bourke

Dooney Trade In

Started 1299956794.163 in Dooney & Bourke | Last reply 1300163191.15 by NHkvs

Exactly, how do you trade a Dooney? Where do you mail it and how much do you get? Does it matter how old?

Avey

Page 1 of 1
Islandgirl­70321299956991.01712846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA

Rhonda, neither the condition nor where you bought it matters.

Here are the details:

From Dooney:
The trade in program allows you to send back items and use half of their original suggested retail price toward a new item of equal or greater suggested retail price. So for example, if an item was originally $200, we'd be able to take $100 of the cost of a new item valued at $200 or greater. Alternatively, you can pick something less than the item's original suggested retail price and we can charge half of the item's original retail price. So for example, if the item sent back was $200, and you picked something that was $175, we'd be able to bring it down to $100.

This can't be combined with sales or promotions, and it does always have to be a 1:1 exchange ratio.

The address is

Dooney & Bourke
ATTN: Trade-In
1 Regent St.
Norwalk, CT, 06855

and just include a brief letter w/ your name, daytime phone #, return address, and explaining that you're interested in the trade in program. You should receive a letter within 7-10 days detailing the amount of the credit as well as reviewing basically everything I've written above. From there, you can call our CS department at 1-800-347-5000 to place the order by phone. We accept all major credit/debit cards, or check/money order by mail. All orders need to be placed within 30 days of us receiving the trade in item, or the trade in item gets returned.

Last edited on 3/12/2011

Last edited on 3/12/2011

NHkvs1300141305.144428 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010New England Coast

avey-Islandgirl is right! Also remember you can only trade-in 6 bags a year, and send in no more than 2 at a time. Never-the-less, you cannot combine the price of the 2 bags for 1 purchase!

Speaking only for myself, I like to scope out what I might want before the 30 days come due...so I have some idea what I will be paying AND what I want or need. It may have cost me, but I bought a $375 leather Leopard bag at TJ Maxx for $62....knowing it would be a good trade-in bag down the line. (I don't like leopard). I also got a Bayou bag on eBay for $32 worth $275 that I used for trade in after I used it awhile. Someone of the DF last year found 2 Dooneys at a yard sale for $5 each! That was a MAJOR trade-in SCORE for she and her sister-in-law!!! That's not quite 2 gallons of gas to go shopping for a new bag! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Whenever JillB mentions her old Dooney from college I want to yell "TRADE-IN JILL!" But then again I'm also sentimental about my first Dooney as well! {#emotions_dlg.wub}-Karen

NHkvs

Westiegirl1300143823.425288 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:

avey-Islandgirl is right! Also remember you can only trade-in 6 bags a year, and send in no more than 2 at a time. Never-the-less, you cannot combine the price of the 2 bags for 1 purchase.

I have sent in 4 trade-ins at once without any problem. I would call Dooney and check if you are thinking of doing multiple trade-ins.

Sue

"I'd rather regret the things I've done, than the things I did not do."

Islandgirl­70321300144957.04312846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA
On 3/14/2011 Westiegirl said:
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:

<em>avey-Islandgirl is right! Also remember you can only trade-in 6 bags a year, and send in no more than 2 at a time. Never-the-less, you cannot combine the price of the 2 bags for 1 purchase.</em>

I have sent in 4 trade-ins at once without any problem. I would call Dooney and check if you are thinking of doing multiple trade-ins.

Sue

Now WG, you know NHkvs is ALWAYS right.Wink

She has to be!Wink

NHkvs1300145797.374428 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010New England Coast
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:

<em>avey-Islandgirl is right! Also remember you can only trade-in 6 bags a year, and send in no more than 2 at a time. Never-the-less, you cannot combine the price of the 2 bags for 1 purchase.</em>

Sue

Sue-Thanks, My last letter said only 2 at a time! Live and learn!-Karen

NHkvs

NHkvs1300146642.8374428 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010New England Coast
On 3/14/2011 Islandgirl7032 said:
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:

Sue

She has to be!Wink

It's easy to be RIGHT when YOU never add anything salient to the conversation! Ummm

NHkvs

Westiegirl1300146753.9935288 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008

You may be correct, Karen. Smile

I sent the four in last August with no difficulty. However, Dooney may have changed their policy or just ignored it once my bags were there. Who knows? That's why I suggested calling if anyone wanted to do a multiple trade-in. If you send four at once and buy four more when you get your trade-in credits, you really can save on shipping fees!!

I also never wait to do my trade until I get the letter from Dooney. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I call in once I give my trade-ins time to arrive to check if they are there and I can order my new bags. I am always so excited to be getting new bags that I don't want to wait for the letter! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sue

Islandgirl­70321300148412.08712846 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007Savannah, GA
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:
On 3/14/2011 Islandgirl7032 said:
On 3/14/2011 NHkvs said:

Sue

She has to be!Wink

It's easy to be RIGHT when YOU never add anything salient to the conversation! Ummm

YOU should know!{#emotions_dlg.lol}

NHkvs1300148580.374428 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010New England Coast

You may be correct, Karen. Smile

I sent the four in last August with no difficulty. However, Dooney may have changed their policy or just ignored it once my bags were there. Who knows? That's why I suggested calling if anyone wanted to do a multiple trade-in. If you send four at once and buy four more when you get your trade-in credits, you really can save on shipping fees!!

I also never wait to do my trade until I get the letter from Dooney. {#emotions_dlg.blush} I call in once I give my trade-ins time to arrive to check if they are there and I can order my new bags. I am always so excited to be getting new bags that I don't want to wait for the letter! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Sue

Sue-I hear you! Four trade-ins would have me faint and swoon!...Not to mention the cost. You're probably right...but I'll check, my letter was from 4-5 years ago. Frankly parting with 2 at a time is hard enough!

Like you I also call ahead...before the letter. In fact I called today on a 17 year old bag...she didn't have the number but I did-and BINGO the price was just what I paid for it 15 years ago. I look through some of those old catalogs and really miss some of the old bag lines. I'm usually also pretty certain about what I' going to trade-in for with the bag I send in. Sue, like you I'm far to impatient to wait for the letter! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Perhaps they upped the number of bags to 4 to help business....it certainly doesn't bother me...It just makes me wish I had oodles of more bags to trade-in! Wink I get nostalgic for a bit as I pack up an old friend-then as soon as the newbie arrives, the sadness goes "poof!" I'll have to scout some yard sales this summer and see if I can score some trade-in finds! {#emotions_dlg.tt1}-Sue is your QVC clock running 3 hours early or is it me?-Thanks-lol Karen

NHkvs

Westiegirl1300148859.525288 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008

QVC clock? If you mean the time placed on the post, mine is correct according to CDT. The time is actually what is on my computer clock. Is your computer set to the correct time, Karen?

I have a hard time parting with my bags too. I have gathered a little group of "draftees" together for possible trade-in. When the time comes, I call for volunteers. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Sue

Last edited on 3/14/2011

Last edited on 3/14/2011

NHkvs1300163191.154428 PostsRegistered 5/4/2010New England Coast

QVC clock? If you mean the time placed on the post, mine is correct according to CDT. The time is actually what is on my computer clock. Is your computer set to the correct time, Karen?

I have a hard time parting with my bags too. I have gathered a little group of "draftees" together for possible trade-in. When the time comes, I call for volunteers. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Sue

Last edited on 3/14/2011

{#emotions_dlg.lol} No, Sue, my computer is fine! Volunteers! {#emotions_dlg.lol}

NHkvs

Page 1 of 1