Creede Silver Sale
40 Members and 9347 Guests Online

Dooney & Bourke

OR by Oryany on HSN

Started 1296656676.25 in Dooney & Bourke | Last reply 1296709090.827 by bogeymama

Hey girls!

Anyone watching OR by Oryany on HSN? These bags are fabulous, if I may say! They sell them at Nordstrom, ebags, endless and other places. I just got one yesterday and it is an outstanding handbag. The leather is quality through and through. Beautiful designs, lots of interior pockets and gorgeous contrast linings. Here's the one I grabbed:

http://shoes-handbags.hsn.com/or-by-oryany-pebbled-leather-double-pocket-hobo_p-6013711_xp.aspx?webm_id=0&web_id=6013711&sf=so&attr=7800&ocm=SO|7800&prev=hp!sf!7800&ccm=SO|7800

I got the ginger color before it sold out. The lining is a beautiful moss green. It is amazing. This picture and video don't do the bag justice. It's slouchy and not as deep as it looks with all the stuffing in as they show it. The crossbody strap comes off so it's just a fabulous hobo that sits close to the body. Great price for this beauty. I'll be buying more of these bags. Any handbag lover should take a look at this line - JMO!!!

"It's nice to be important, but it's important to be nice".........Gramps

Page 1 of 2
SIU Mom1296658487.8973369 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009

Hi SD!

I love the OR by Oryany line! I have the plum suede bucket tote. I agree with you about the quality of the the leather. I recently returned the Chevron-Design pebbled tote. I thought I liked the yellow color, but I didn't. If the color had worked out it would have been a keeper. It was a dark yellow. Hmm... the bag you got comes in yellow. It's almost sold out so I better think fast!

Enjoy your bag when you receive it!

showdog1296658990.293162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007

Hi SIU Mom,

That chevron bag is gorgeous!! I've been waffling about that one but I do believe it would be too large for me. I actually love the yellow color. But the brown (bark) color is pretty too. I'm reluctant to order it just because I'd hate to have to return it if it's too big.

I actually got the hobo yesterday. It is just fabulous! Love the color I got. I gotta say I am truly impressed with this line. The leather is amazing. Love all the pockets, too. I have to be organized!! I'm very happy with this one!!!

SIU Mom1296660164.7233369 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009
On 2/2/2011 showdog said:

Hi SIU Mom,

That chevron bag is gorgeous!! I've been waffling about that one but I do believe it would be too large for me. I actually love the yellow color. But the brown (bark) color is pretty too. I'm reluctant to order it just because I'd hate to have to return it if it's too big.

I actually got the hobo yesterday. It is just fabulous! Love the color I got. I gotta say I am truly impressed with this line. The leather is amazing. Love all the pockets, too. I have to be organized!! I'm very happy with this one!!!

The Chevon bag is big! I like big bags to an extent, but this one is too big going east/west. I would have kept it if I liked the color, but I probably would not have carried it long.

Yeah!!!!! I'm glad you love the hobo. There are 19 yellow bags left, so I better think fast! You don't think it's too slouchy or deep, do you? Can you get in and out of the bag easily?

PBJ1296660273.0536821 PostsRegistered 7/10/2007

Hi SIU Mom,

I'm eyeing the Chevron bag too! The leather looks gorgeous. I talked myself out of if but now I'm tempted again. The reviews are good but I think a few people said the bag was too big for them. I love a big bag so it wouldn't bother me but keep that in mind so you don't have to spend money returning. Going back to take another lookWink.

Poor but Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Westiegirl1296660319.4235288 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008

Hi SD! Smile

It's great to see you posting! How's your knee?

Thanks for the tip about these handbags. I've never even seen this brand in RL. It's great to hear about how nice they are. I'll have to take a look at the selections on the sites you mentioned!

Sue

"I'd rather regret the things I've done, than the things I did not do."

MSA20041296660604.8834675 PostsRegistered 8/3/2010Midwest, USA

I will have to check this line of handbags closer. That suede one looks pretty. In the chestnut with the whipstitching. I will resist though. I just got a few new beauties in the last couple of days and I need to figure out which ones get to stay and which will be going back (if any)Cool

Something Wonderful Is About To Happen!!!!

showdog1296661102.3533162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007

SUI Mom, I don't think the bag is too deep or slouchy at all - at least not for me! The way it closes is cool. It has a magnet but the top folds over too. My sister described it like a "cowl neck"! Perfect description! Because that part folds down, it allows a nice slouch. Actually, this bag is the perfect size for me. I put my purse perfect in it and decided I didn't need it due to all the cool pockets. Total keeper in the ginger!!

Hello Sue, my friend Kiss!!

You are so sweet to remember my knee surgery. I'm doing pretty well, thanks. Lost a couple days of recovery right after the surgery due to my knee swelling up like a basketball. Not fun. But, I'm on track now. I've gone to physical therapy a few times but I think I can work the rest of it out on my own doing the exercises they gave me. I am just dying to get back to showing the dogs and this downtime is killing me - and them. I'm hoping by next week we'll be back in action. I truly hope this was all worth it once everything has healed up. Being away from training and showing has be very depressing for me. I live for my dogs (and DH!) and this has been tough. I'm determined to work through this and get back to what I love to do - besides shop! Thank you so much for asking about me. You are so thoughtful........much appreciated.

Last edited on 2/2/2011

Last edited on 2/2/2011

lavenderju­nkie1296661518.10712995 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

SD: hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Thanks for the review on the OR handbag. I have seen them on the web site and been very tempted. But for some styles, the reviews weren't too good, so I haven't bought any. But getting a first hand report from someone I "know" is a lot better. Now I will be much more comfortable trying that line. Enjoy your new handbag.

showdog1296662131.3773162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007
On 2/2/2011 lavenderjunkie said:

SD: hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Thanks for the review on the OR handbag. I have seen them on the web site and been very tempted. But for some styles, the reviews weren't too good, so I haven't bought any. But getting a first hand report from someone I "know" is a lot better. Now I will be much more comfortable trying that line. Enjoy your new handbag.

Thank you, LJ!! I'm getting there slowly but surely :)

I can only speak for the bag I received, but I couldn't be happier with it. It's very unique and the leather is exceptional. I would definately consider another bag from this line if I loved the style as much as I do this one.

Westiegirl1296662390.325288 PostsRegistered 1/24/2008

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery is moving forward the way it should, SD! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} These knee injuries and subsequent repairs take such a long time to come back from! I hope to hear very soon that you & the doggies are back in the showring! You definitely have the "winning' attitude!! Smile

Sue

"I'd rather regret the things I've done, than the things I did not do."

showdog1296662950.953162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007
On 2/2/2011 Westiegirl said:

I'm so glad to hear that your recovery is moving forward the way it should, SD! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} These knee injuries and subsequent repairs take such a long time to come back from! I hope to hear very soon that you & the doggies are back in the showring! You definitely have the "winning' attitude!! Smile

Sue

Boy, you aren't kidding - my knees don't want to heel as quickly as they did when I was younger!! I've convinced that with age comes "aches"!!! Thanks for the encouragement, though :)

SIU Mom1296663728.1333369 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009

I ordered your hobo in yellow! I've been checking it out for a while and I thought I should at least get it home and see what I think. I was on the fence about another one of the OR bags and now it's sold out, so that scared me into ordering this one. LOL!! I'll share my review and pics when I receive it.

Thanks SD!

showdog1296664640.653162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007
On 2/2/2011 SIU Mom said:

I ordered your hobo in yellow! I've been checking it out for a while and I thought I should at least get it home and see what I think. I was on the fence about another one of the OR bags and now it's sold out, so that scared me into ordering this one. LOL!! I'll share my review and pics when I receive it.

Thanks SD!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!!! You're welcome!!

Oh, I hope you love it. I really was torn between the ginger and the yellow. I love yellow so much, but I grabbed the ginger thinking it would be kind of a different color for me. It is and I love it. I just finished fully loading this beauty up and I am sooo glad I got it. There is a place for everything and no need for the purse perfect at all. Not heavy either. This ginger color looks fabulous against my long camel colored wool coat. Sweet!! Actually, it looks great with all my coats.

Please post your pics and review when you get it. Here's hoping it's a love connection for you too!

SIU Mom1296667034.963369 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009
On 2/2/2011 SIU Mom said:

Thanks SD!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}!!! You're welcome!!

Oh, I hope you love it. I really was torn between the ginger and the yellow. I love yellow so much, but I grabbed the ginger thinking it would be kind of a different color for me. It is and I love it. I just finished fully loading this beauty up and I am sooo glad I got it. There is a place for everything and no need for the purse perfect at all. Not heavy either. This ginger color looks fabulous against my long camel colored wool coat. Sweet!! Actually, it looks great with all my coats.

Please post your pics and review when you get it. Here's hoping it's a love connection for you too!

I'm glad you said it was not heavy! The ginger does sound nice with your camel colored coat. I will certainly post pics when it arrives!

SarahW1296667238.7216146 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Hiya, SD! I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering, honey. {#emotions_dlg.wub} I know your doggies are missing their workout, so hopefully you will be back at it soon. (I don't know if I ever mentioned that my coworker also raises, trains and shows dogs...Shelties. She has a great web page http://www.mystiqueshelties.com/ you might enjoy looking at if you're bored.

I absolutely LOVE this picture of "Carson"... http://www.mystiqueshelties.com/Carson.html

Your new Oryany is gorgeous! Thanks to SIU Mom, I also bought the suede bag last week, but sadly it is packed up for return. It was just too heavy and the straps uncomfortable, but what a GORGEOUS handbag.

Hope you feel better soon, honey! Keep warm!

Last edited on 2/2/2011

Last edited on 2/2/2011

bogeymama1296667730.57443 PostsRegistered 11/28/2006

I bought that bag, also in Ginger, on overstock.com! They still have it and a few other Oryany bags. I agree -- it's a beautiful bag. It's larger than I would normally carry but I kept it anyway because it's so beautiful.

Lisa ;-)

showdog1296672469.6373162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007

Thanks, Sarah. That suede bag is very pretty. Too bad it didn't work out for you :(

Carson is cute!!!!

bogeymama: The ginger Oryany bag is awesome! I didn't know they had them at Overstock. It was a little cheaper there but they didn't have the ginger color. I'm glad I got it from HSN even if it was a little more money. I needed (wanted!) this type of color. It's a keeper!!

JoyJ1296674568.4376791 PostsRegistered 4/10/2010California

Hey SD.. GOOD to see you posting again!! I'm glad your feeling better.

I an really going to need to take a look at those Oryany bags. I really never paid any attention but fell in love with the purple suede that SUI and Sarah got. And congrats on your new beauty!! En"joy"!!

scottiegal1296674587.9632445 PostsRegistered 10/10/2008

Hi Showdog--I'm so glad things are back on track for you! You'll be running around the ring with your sweet doggies in no time. Love, love your new bag. What a bright ray of sunshine in store for you when you can get out and about. Missed you honeyKiss

JoyJ1296674705.8376791 PostsRegistered 4/10/2010California
On 2/2/2011 SarahW said:

Hiya, SD! I'm so glad to hear that you are recovering, honey. {#emotions_dlg.wub} I know your doggies are missing their workout, so hopefully you will be back at it soon. (I don't know if I ever mentioned that my coworker also raises, trains and shows dogs...Shelties. She has a great web page http://www.mystiqueshelties.com/ you might enjoy looking at if you're bored.

I absolutely LOVE this picture of "Carson"... http://www.mystiqueshelties.com/Carson.html

Your new Oryany is gorgeous! Thanks to SIU Mom, I also bought the suede bag last week, but sadly it is packed up for return. It was just too heavy and the straps uncomfortable, but what a GORGEOUS handbag.

Hope you feel better soon, honey! Keep warm!

Last edited on 2/2/2011

OMG.. Carson is GORGEOUS!! I have a friend that always has a sheltie.. just great dogs.

One of my friends is taking her cairn terrier to her first agility class today. I can't wait to hear how that goes. Training a cairn to do anything is miraculous.. and agility.. I'm just cracking up. But it DOES happen!!!

I still love that purple bag sweetie!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

momtotwinb­oyz1296676569.32705 PostsRegistered 12/12/2009
showdog1296677016.0173162 PostsRegistered 10/18/2007
On 2/2/2011 momtotwinboyz said:

Oh Lawdy!

Someone please talk me out of this hobo.

http://www.ebags.com/product/or-by-oryany/slouchy-hobo/203889?productid=10108144

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

No can do!!! I almost bought that bag but I don't care for the zipper along the bottom. Other than that, it's dreamy! I believe it was a customer pick on HSN. Just sayin'..........Wink

SIU Mom12966770863369 PostsRegistered 11/30/2009

Oh Lawdy!

http://www.ebags.com/product/or-by-oryany/slouchy-hobo/203889?productid=10108144

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I think you should get it and then give it to me! (Is that what you meant by talk you out of it?{#emotions_dlg.lol})

That's a nice bag and a great price! I can't talk you out of it but I can say you picked a very good bag! Enjoy!

SarahW1296677201.66716146 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 2/2/2011 JoyJ said:

OMG.. Carson is GORGEOUS!! I have a friend that always has a sheltie.. just great dogs.

One of my friends is taking her cairn terrier to her first agility class today. I can't wait to hear how that goes. Training a cairn to do anything is miraculous.. and agility.. I'm just cracking up. But it DOES happen!!!

I still love that purple bag sweetie!!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Sadly, Carson passed away a while ago, but Nancy (my coworker) has a beautiful tribute to him on her website. Her dogs are also agility competitors and she is forever traveling to dog shows and competitions.

SarahW1296677257.57716146 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Oh Lawdy!

{#emotions_dlg.tt1}

Did you forget where you are, MTTB??? {#emotions_dlg.lol} Muhahahaha! {#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Page 1 of 2