Give Gorgeous
131 Members and 13516 Guests Online

Dennis Basso

Dennis Basso a50925

Started 1320674818.29 in Dennis Basso | Last reply 1326331155.777 by SandyMG
replies
Dear Dennis- for several years, I have been your faithful fan on QVC. I have purchased several of your coats and jackets, and have enjoyed wearing them. My all time favorite coat has been a50925. I have vigorously lobbied through these boards and your blog, to have this coat offered in additional colors, specifically something in the red/burgundy family. I was delighted to find last March that there was a waitlist offering for this coat in plum, and I immediately signed up. I have waited for six months for my coat to be delivered, only to find that when I went to check on my order a few days ago, my waitlisted order was cancelled. I was not notified of the cancellation. Dennis, is this really the way you want to treat loyal customers? I buy your coats because they are warmer than any coat made of natural fibers, and I have an allergy to wool. A50925 met every requirement for a perfect coat. How do you justify disappointing an enthusiastic, multi-purchase customer?

I didn't come here to argue.- Peg Bracken

Page 1 of 1
Kathleen1320677860.69713176 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down

It's not Dennis' fault if QVC doesn't have his coats in stock. QVC decides on what to have in inventory - not the vendor.

violann1320689527.10712764 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004

I'm sure you are right Kathleen, but Dennis can rattle the cage if one of his customers has a gripe.

This coat has 465 five star ratings over the last few years, with seven positive ratings during the last few weeks. That means that many people bought it when it was the TSV, sometime around 2005 or so, and it is still being bought and loved.

My first one was the taupe color, and when I lost weight, I bought the black, then the chocolate. I have often posted that I couldn't manage to get through winter without this coat and I mean it. Now I'm in the position of not having a color choice that I want to buy the coat for the fourth time.

There are several of us who have bought more than one of them, and also several of us who have asked for additional colors.

To be carried on waitlist for six months and then cancelled without any explanation is just poor business. I could have purchased another style during that period of time, but it was because this coat is such a wonderful piece of apparel that I pursued the color issue in the first place.

I still hope that one or more additional colors are introduced this season. I will then buy another a50925, and all will be forgiven. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

KatM4121323014260.35440 PostsRegistered 9/9/2007

I purchased this coat in Navy when it was first offered. I lost weight and donated it a few years ago. I missed out on Ivory color in smaller size I wanted after that, because I waited too long. I too am hoping this coat will come back next year in more color choices.

I always received comments on this coat. It is true that this is the warmest coat I've ever worn. Also the fact that it is washable, even if it takes very long to dry, is still a big plus. Dennis and QVC "do not discontinue this coat." We love it.

violann1324301045.09312764 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
Obviously this coat is going to vanished very soon- down to two colors and 2 sizes. We can add it to the "why on earth did the q discontinue" list. I think this is the most annoying disappearing item in all the years I've been watching. A loud "boo" to QVC.

violann1325338300.50712764 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
GOING...Going....going...

violann1326312064.69312764 PostsRegistered 12/12/2004
GONE! This has to be one of the most popular jackets ever sold on the Q. I think it was a huge mistake for them to abandon this style. Pity that nobody asked me!

SandyMG1326331155.7771210 PostsRegistered 11/30/2008

I have this coat in a tan color. I purchased it wahen it was a TSV maybe in 2003-2004 and love it. I pull out on my cold days and warms me up. Would go for another color if they brought it back. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Page 1 of 1