Dooney & Bourke
122 Members and 17203 Guests Online

Candles

What is the best tart warmer and how many watts should it be?

Started 1283823648.843 in Candles | Last reply 1287420793.29 by BarbB
replies

Hello Ladies,

I am looking to buy my first tart warmer. I see that the Yankee warmers are 14 watts, the Sensy's large ones are 24 watts. What is the best wattage for a tart warmer and what kind/brand do you recommend? Is 14 watts enough? All suggestions will be helpful. Thanks!!

Page 1 of 1
Zoologist1283823775.056034 PostsRegistered 9/3/2010

I only buy the ones that use tea lights as the source of heat that melts the tarts.

mallemo1283829142.0610083 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

I have two different wattages of warmers. I have 24 watts and 35 watts. I prefer a higher temperature for a quicker scent throw even though it might burn off the scent faster.

pepes mom1283910750.875319 PostsRegistered 7/21/2005SW PA

I also have two different wattages of warmes. Like mallemo, they are 24 and 35 watts.

OK, just ditto what mallemo said.

There are a variety of warmers at : jd wholesale and vistawholesale (usual before and afters)

If you do facebook, there is a page called whats in your warmer. It is a place where vendors and customers come to play. Many sales and specials posted.

~ Pepe's Mom ~

I'm cool toned. Yellow foundations make me look jaundiced. That is NOT the look I am going for.

jazalboy1284842709.533392 PostsRegistered 4/10/2009dover plains,new york

As i am new to the candle world,excuse my ignorance,but what is a tart warmer? I have some of slatkin 3 wick pumpkin scented candle,with drowned wicks,but a lot of wax left.Can these be used for using up that wax?If so,what is the best to get?thanks

SpaGal1284846135.943116 PostsRegistered 6/5/2010
On 9/18/2010 jazalboy said:

As i am new to the candle world,excuse my ignorance,but what is a tart warmer? I have some of slatkin 3 wick pumpkin scented candle,with drowned wicks,but a lot of wax left.Can these be used for using up that wax?If so,what is the best to get?thanks

No problem at all, I hope I do well enough with the explantion: there are candle warmers which are a flat disc you plug in setting the jar candle ON the disc and as it heats up the wax in the candle melts, throwing scent. This BTW is the cheapest option and would work for the drowned wax without "scooping" the wax out of the candle and putting it in something else.

There are two kinds of "tart warmers". Tarts are just small scented pieces of wax without a wick. The Scentations and Scentsy "tarts" are small pieces of wax you break off and melt. These are IMHO best with a plug in burner. They are as the OP said different watts of lights that get warm enough for the ceramic to heat up and melt the soft wax. there are also tart warmers that use a tealight candle rather than the bulb to create the heat. (oil burners often use tea lights...BBW has tons) You may find lots of other companies that make tarts (Yankee Candle, Pittsburgh Soap, etc). I just tried the Scent-sations with the corresponding wax and it works well. Found this burner at a Hobby Lobby for $10 (on sale). The wax according to another kind poster is just pennies cheaper than the Scentsy with the Scentsy wax holding onto the scent longer. I'll end up with a bit of everything as I love this and will also continue to burn candles.

Sorry this was long but I hope this gives you enough information. You can look at Yankee Candles and Scentsy if you google and they will show you different burners. Someone else mentioned Walmart to get the burners, but did not recommend their wax. HTH!

jazalboy1284850836.943392 PostsRegistered 4/10/2009dover plains,new york

Thankyou no1catmom!My leftover wax is in a big ceramic pumkin,which i am sure,will not fit on a candle warmer.So would i be able to take the wax out and put it in something like an old glass candle holder to heat up?I appreciate your patience with my lack of knowledge!!!The ceramic pumpkin is one of the big ones that slatkin sells,which is pretty big.

straitgirl1285534560.25322166 PostsRegistered 7/29/2006

I only use tea light burners because I like a stronger scent throw. The electrics seem to throw a soft scent, but are safer. You must burn a tea light burner where you can keep an eye on it, I've had several catch fire.

rebel1287361340.775471 PostsRegistered 4/27/2007

i didn't even realize that there are different wattages for different warmers.

great question!

45, Fair, dry, sensitive skin, DSPW, yellow and neutral undertones, Cannot use "cones" high in ingred. deck, natural blonde wavy hair, blue eyes

BarbB1287420793.263216 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Maryland

14 watts sounds very low. The melters I use are 25 watt bulbs.

Barb

Page 1 of 1