Meant for Mom(SM)
146 Members and 14510 Guests Online

Candles

Costco flameless candles

Started 1347110045.977 in Candles | Last reply 1349507889.7 by angelsareout
Has anyone tried the flameless candles from Costco? They are pretty plain compared to the neat designs of Candle Impressions, but still look nice - have a real wick.

Page 1 of 2
Mary12221347112977.653107 PostsRegistered 1/21/2007Indiana

They are great and I think they are made by Candle Impressions but I'm not positive. They are plain but I purchased several sets last year for myself and as gifts and everyone loved them. Are they back in stock at Costco? The closest one to me is about an hour away so I don't go that often but I want to pick up more this year. Do you know if they have the remote controlled ones this year? I haven't tried those yet but might give them a try this year.

mjunkie1347115257.64219 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
On 9/8/2012 Mary1222 said:

They are great and I think they are made by Candle Impressions but I'm not positive. They are plain but I purchased several sets last year for myself and as gifts and everyone loved them. Are they back in stock at Costco? The closest one to me is about an hour away so I don't go that often but I want to pick up more this year. Do you know if they have the remote controlled ones this year? I haven't tried those yet but might give them a try this year.

Good to know, thanks! Yes, they are back in stock, at least at the one in my area. Don't see them on the costco website though. I'll have to pick someup. Didn't notice if they had a remote. Will report back. :)

Mataji1347116011.91 PostsRegistered 9/8/2012

The Costco candles are great! They come with the batteries and get many months of use before you have to change them. And, they take only 2 AA batteries per candle. I gave many of these as gifts and everyone loved them. This year the set is a little different, 7 pcs with remote. $5 off Sept 13 - Oct 7.

mjunkie1347116151.403219 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
On 9/8/2012 Mataji said:

The Costco candles are great! They come with the batteries and get many months of use before you have to change them. And, they take only 2 AA batteries per candle. I gave many of these as gifts and everyone loved them. This year the set is a little different, 7 pcs with remote. $5 off Sept 13 - Oct 7.

Great!! I will wait until later in the week then. Yay! Thanks for the info!

brii1347116253.60319018 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008

They are very nice. Get them if you can.

lovesrecess1347116312.02312981 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

I have used these candles since Costco first sold them a few years ago; I have bought several for gifts as well; they are far better than those I have purchased from QVC....battery life is great.....timers work perfectly; I saw the new stock of them last night and they are made by Northern International......or something like that. The new ones say remote control...not sure why I would need that. I also saw they have red ones this year so may get those for Christmas....I ordered another one from QVC last winter with a flameless taper in it; quit working after 32 days (no kidding!)....waste of money; never again.

bought a gorgeous autumn wreath there for $29.99.....their wreaths are the best also!

lovesrecess1347116494.07312981 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas

they had all the Christmas stuff out last night; the holiday food gift sets, toys, gift wrap, etc. No trees or Christmas wreaths yet but am sure they will be in soon.

I have learned that when Costco gets something in...it's best to buy it then because when it is gone, it is gone.....they rarely re-stock things in my experience. I have been disappointed so many times by going back later only to see an empty shelf.

Lindaj461347116866.447176 PostsRegistered 5/15/2011

I just bought some red flameless candles at costco. I just love them. They are so pretty, and glow really nice. The price was excellent. They look just like my candle impressions. I dont think they are made by candle impressions though. Not sure. But every time candle impessions people are on qvc, they always say that they are the only ones who can use the real wick. Saying that it is pantented. Gotta love costco!

usffan1347121025.113567 PostsRegistered 3/22/2009

They also have the set of three flameless and timer Christmas trees in ivory. Around $34.

mjunkie1347123147.567219 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
Thank you all for your input! I'm definitely going to pick some up. They better still have some on Thursday. Will have to look at the autumn wreath too. I love Costco. :) Thanks everyone!

mallemo1347143612.1139658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/8/2012 Mary1222 said:

They are made by Northern Intl./Inglow which is the same as Candle Impressions. They are the only company that uses the wick as far as I know. I think they do hold the patent on this feature.

Last edited on 9/8/2012

Last edited on 9/8/2012

mjunkie1347679373.633219 PostsRegistered 8/27/2007
In case anyone is interested, I picked up a set today at Costco. The set includes: 2 - 3x3, 2 - 3x4, 2 - 3x5, 1 - 3x6. They are ivory, vanilla scented and do NOT have a timer. They are either on or off. They come with a remote that can also turn them on or off. They have the real wick and come with batteries (14 AA). They are simple and basic, but very nice and versatile. Regular price is $30, but they are $5 off until October (not sure of the date). I tested mine out and all work well. They also had another set of four candles, either ivory or red. Not sure of the dimensions, but I'd guess they were about 5" high and maybe slightly slimmer than the other set. They had a 5 hr timer option. No remote. $20. Hope that helps someone! Tried to edit this to divide it into separate paragraphs, but it's not working, maybe it's my ipad? Anyway, sorry for the long paragraph.Last edited on 9/14/2012

Last edited on 9/14/2012

Luvsparis1347721224.223118 PostsRegistered 7/2/2012

Thanks for all the great info. Don't know why I never thought about looking for flameless candles at Costco!! I guess I'd better get over there and check-out all the goodies !!!

gojo1347721520.1933307 PostsRegistered 4/25/2006

Last year after I bought my first set from Costco there was a coupon for something like $4 off each set the following month. They usually repeat it, so I think it was in November's coupon book.

ID21347721636.5231796 PostsRegistered 6/25/2012

I've been using the Costco white timer flameless candles for a few years now. I love them! I won't ever go back to flameless candles without a timer. I'm hooked. Smile

"Pure Michigan"

ezduzit1347722096.407129 PostsRegistered 7/24/2008S. Florida

I've bought the Costco flameless candles over the last two years. Since CI says that they have a patent on the wick look and the Costco candles have the wick look, I believe that they are, in fact, made by the same company that makes CI.

One thing to know however, I first bought the regular flameless that works on a timer and they are just wonderful. The next time Costco offered the flameless candles they had a remote feature and had several different sizes in the package. They work, but there is something I found out -- the remote feature just seems to go through batteries like crazy. The little candles work on a button battery and doesn't seem to be easily replaced, just died after I used the remote for a while. I now use the timer candles only occasionally, usually when I'm entertaining and I want my house to have lots of lit candles. Otherwise I just rely on everyday having the timer ones go on and off. If I replace the remote candles in the future, I will definately get only the timer ones.

mallemo1347722867.3979658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/15/2012 ezduzit said:

I've bought the Costco flameless candles over the last two years. Since CI says that they have a patent on the wick look and the Costco candles have the wick look, I believe that they are, in fact, made by the same company that makes CI.

One thing to know however, I first bought the regular flameless that works on a timer and they are just wonderful. The next time Costco offered the flameless candles they had a remote feature and had several different sizes in the package. They work, but there is something I found out -- the remote feature just seems to go through batteries like crazy. The little candles work on a button battery and doesn't seem to be easily replaced, just died after I used the remote for a while. I now use the timer candles only occasionally, usually when I'm entertaining and I want my house to have lots of lit candles. Otherwise I just rely on everyday having the timer ones go on and off. If I replace the remote candles in the future, I will definately get only the timer ones.

You are right. CI is the same as Northern Intl. and Inglow. They all have the look of a real wick.

mallemo1347722868.669658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/15/2012 ezduzit said:

You are right. CI is the same as Northern Intl. and Inglow. They all have the look of a real wick.

vancouverU­SAgal1347732292.063835 PostsRegistered 8/19/2010

My Costco had 2 different sets a couple of weeks ago.

5 oclockso­mewhere1347764511.7665 PostsRegistered 9/17/2008

Just was at Costco today and they now have a new set of 3 candles that have a texture on the outside. They are different sizes in height and are wider than the normal size. One color was a bronze with cutouts and the other color was cream that was carved like birchwood. I really loved the cream set, but I am trying to not buy unless I know where I am going to put them since I have no more room for candles. They were around $25 and had a timer.

mallemo1347833120.3679658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/15/2012 5 oclocksomewhere said:

Just was at Costco today and they now have a new set of 3 candles that have a texture on the outside. They are different sizes in height and are wider than the normal size. One color was a bronze with cutouts and the other color was cream that was carved like birchwood. I really loved the cream set, but I am trying to not buy unless I know where I am going to put them since I have no more room for candles. They were around $25 and had a timer.

Did they have the faux wick?

lovesrecess1347834053.51712981 PostsRegistered 7/14/2008Texas
On 9/16/2012 mallemo said:

I saw the new candles yesterday at Costco and love the cream-color set of three with the birchwood-looking design on them; it is 3D design and hard to describe; they have a tiny amount of glitter but I will be getting them for sure; DH was with me and I think he would have freaked if I had bought another set of candles so I will go back later and get them. They also have in a set of solid red ones and a set of seven candles with remote control; there is a coupon for this set. I am not sure I would ever use or need the remote control; the timer is the best invention ever for me though. I have them at the top of my very dark upstairs hallway and it is great to have some light up there when I have guests staying overnight.

I prefer the cream-colored or neutral ones because I can use them all year and not just during the holidays.

5 oclockso­mewhere1347894352.18765 PostsRegistered 9/17/2008

Yes they have the faux wick and are made by Northern Intl.

mallemo1347894403.399658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/17/2012 5 oclocksomewhere said:

Yes they have the faux wick and are made by Northern Intl.

Thank you!

mallemo1347911548.6139658 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/16/2012 upsidedown said:
On 9/16/2012 mallemo said:

I saw the new candles yesterday at Costco and love the cream-color set of three with the birchwood-looking design on them; it is 3D design and hard to describe; they have a tiny amount of glitter but I will be getting them for sure; DH was with me and I think he would have freaked if I had bought another set of candles so I will go back later and get them. They also have in a set of solid red ones and a set of seven candles with remote control; there is a coupon for this set. I am not sure I would ever use or need the remote control; the timer is the best invention ever for me though. I have them at the top of my very dark upstairs hallway and it is great to have some light up there when I have guests staying overnight.

I prefer the cream-colored or neutral ones because I can use them all year and not just during the holidays.

upsidedown....Did they look anything like this...

Unscented Birch Bark LED Battery Operated 3 x 6 Candle

Page 1 of 2