TSV(R) Preview
128 Members and 13759 Guests Online

Candles

September scents...what's melting or burning in your home this month??

Started 1346864036.21 in Candles | Last reply 1349005114.823 by mallemo

I starting my morning burning an Old Virginia Candle of Oatmeal Cookies I dug out of my candle closet. Sure do miss those Farm Grown candles, especially the Triple Fragrance Collections they had. I have since switched to burning Pear Crumble.

Hebrews 11
1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Page 1 of 2
mallemo1346865878.869645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

Thanks for starting a September thread Candlefreaklady!

Today I'm melting Orange Buttercream Cupcake from BH&G.

VaBelle351346894258.9738515 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

Farmer's Market. It is truly my favorite. I can't get enough of it.

QVC Shopper since 1993

Eager2Learn1346896711.913771 PostsRegistered 10/21/2011

I have 3 scents in rotation and alternate nightly. As each one is used up, I replace it with a different scent from my stockpile.

Tonight I've got Mia Bella's Liqourice & Grapeseed (retired scent) in the melter; tomorrow will be a BBW Eucalyptus & Mint candle; next will be a Mia Bella Sweet Fig & Wild Berry (retired scent) candle.

"Moving forward-even at a microscopic rate-is still moving forward." - Crystal Paine

DogMom1346898561.987478 PostsRegistered 4/21/2010

I'm melting Scentsationals apple-icious. Love it. I bought two packages a couple of weeks ago at Walmart and went back tonight and bought 5 more packs.

Checked for some of the new fall warmers tonight too, but our Walmart doesn't have any of them out yet. The newest one they had was the white owl.

mallemo1346899291.1639645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/5/2012 DogMom said:

I'm melting Scentsationals apple-icious. Love it. I bought two packages a couple of weeks ago at Walmart and went back tonight and bought 5 more packs.

Checked for some of the new fall warmers tonight too, but our Walmart doesn't have any of them out yet. The newest one they had was the white owl.

I have not seen the white owl yet. What does it look like? Is it one of the ones that "glows" from the inside as they say?

Baylor Fan1346899413.262229 PostsRegistered 5/7/2006
I've got a BBW Wallflower in the Spiced Cider scent plugged in. That particular scent just says Fall to me! Oops, sorry...should've paid more attention to the subject line. HahaLast edited on 9/5/2012

Last edited on 9/5/2012

Grade1Teach1346924496.25310054 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

Yankee Candle's Apple Cider

---

I'm not having great luck with the scent throw of the melts in my new warmer, so I'm back to burning candles for now.

D Oro1346925565.853916 PostsRegistered 2/17/2011Knock Knock, USA

Votivo's Pomegranate Teak.

The most courageous act is still to think for yourself. Aloud.
-- Coco Chanel

Life is too short to spend hoping that a perfectly arched eyebrow or hottest new lip shade will mask an ugly heart.---Kevin Aucoin

mallemo1346933527.2579645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

Trying to use up my Spring/Summer scents. Melting Tropical Plumeria Petals from BH&G.

itsmetoo1346942609.6231433 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006
On 9/6/2012 Grade1Teach said:

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

---

I'm not having great luck with the scent throw of the melts in my new warmer, so I'm back to burning candles for now.

Grade1Teach - How many watts is your new warmer? I wonder if that is the problem. I think my candle smells stronger when I scoop it into my electric warmer than when I burn it.

BooRad8591346969120.353670 PostsRegistered 6/27/2011

Slatkin ~ Coconut Leaves

Notes: coconut, citron, jasmine, peach blossom.

Grade1Teach1347013101.85710054 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island
On 9/6/2012 itsmetoo said:

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

---

Grade1Teach - How many watts is your new warmer? I wonder if that is the problem. I think my candle smells stronger when I scoop it into my electric warmer than when I burn it.

Good Morning!

It's the 24 watt warmer. I don't think that's the problem though. I can't seem to find the right melts. I purchased a bunch of Scentsy ones from ebay during the last several weeks, but they aren't as great as I had hoped. I feel like I have to use half the pack just to scent the house for a few hours! In no way does it last for days and days like the company claims. It's not very cost effective when they are about $5 a pack. The Yankee Candle tarts smell like NOTHING in the warmer (although they are FABULOUS in the tealight burner). I only need to use one tart to scent the house all day. I still have to check out Walmart, but I've been so busy that I never have time!

Right now I'm burning candles and using my tealight burner. I still have a bunch of Scentsy packs left, so I'll use those up too. Walmart is my only hope now! LOL

mallemo1347020575.5979645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/7/2012 Grade1Teach said:

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

---

Good Morning!

It's the 24 watt warmer. I don't think that's the problem though. I can't seem to find the right melts. I purchased a bunch of Scentsy ones from ebay during the last several weeks, but they aren't as great as I had hoped. I feel like I have to use half the pack just to scent the house for a few hours! In no way does it last for days and days like the company claims. It's not very cost effective when they are about $5 a pack. The Yankee Candle tarts smell like NOTHING in the warmer (although they are FABULOUS in the tealight burner). I only need to use one tart to scent the house all day. I still have to check out Walmart, but I've been so busy that I never have time!

Right now I'm burning candles and using my tealight burner. I still have a bunch of Scentsy packs left, so I'll use those up too. Walmart is my only hope now! LOL

Grade1Teach...I will be in trouble with the Scentsy lovers by saying this but I have NEVER remelted any scent from Scentsy or any other vendor for that matter. They always lose their scent the first time around. Some last for a few hours and some last most of the day but no remelting going on here either!

nomar1347039674.777489 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

Candlefreaklady, I am a lover of Old Virginia Candles too. Luckily I have a few stashed away from when that lovely girl sold them on QVC. She was so pleasant to watch. And I have about 15 of those cute candle toppers they sold along with their jar candles. Looking back, I think they were pretty cheap for all you got. I have Pumpkin Cream Roll burning and have it topped with their cute Farmer's Market candle topper on it. Wish they still produced their products like they used to.

Candlefrea­klady1347060814.917633 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007Southeast Tennessee
On 9/7/2012 nomar said:

Candlefreaklady, I am a lover of Old Virginia Candles too. Luckily I have a few stashed away from when that lovely girl sold them on QVC. She was so pleasant to watch. And I have about 15 of those cute candle toppers they sold along with their jar candles. Looking back, I think they were pretty cheap for all you got. I have Pumpkin Cream Roll burning and have it topped with their cute Farmer's Market candle topper on it. Wish they still produced their products like they used to.

nomar, you have me beat on those toppers. I only have 6 or 7 of them. I love them. They are all soooo cute! I rarely burn my candles though, cause I want them to last{#emotions_dlg.sad} I think my very favorite candle was the Pink Cupcake scented that had a cute little green stand mixer and cupcakes and mixing bowl on top. If I had know then, that I would not be able to ever get another one of those Pink cupcake candles, I would have never used it up. It smelled soooo good!! Did you get that one? I think it was an anniversary special they had about 5 years ago. I'll try to copy and paste the picture of it.....

No Image Found

Hebrews 11
1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

nomar1347062551.073489 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

No, I did not get that one. It sounds so cute with the mixer and cupcakes. My next one to top a candle is the Halloween one they had with a little ghost, witch and even a dog going trick or treating. If I would have known they were going to dicontinue making candles and toppers I would have bought more. I cannot do the copy and paste thing or I would send a picture of the toppers.

Grade1Teach1347088785.9410054 PostsRegistered 12/2/2007Long Island
On 9/7/2012 mallemo said:

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

---

Good Morning!

Grade1Teach...I will be in trouble with the Scentsy lovers by saying this but I have NEVER remelted any scent from Scentsy or any other vendor for that matter. They always lose their scent the first time around. Some last for a few hours and some last most of the day but no remelting going on here either!

mallemo...I'm glad it's not just me! I melted 3 Scentsy cubes in Cranberry Muffin yesterday. It smelled great (very strong!), but after a while, the scent completely died down. I would never be able to remelt that one. I agree - I don't think Scentsy cubes remelt at all.

I've been able to remelt a YC tart on occasion. It depends on the scent. However, the scent is always lighter the second time around...

mallemo1347285048.6879645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota

Melting Warm Welcome from Scentsationals.

Rustys mom1347296480.593707 PostsRegistered 11/19/2007Ohio

Melting gooey marshmallow smore from BH&G here at work. My whole office smells like chocolate. Smells so yummy.

Shop Till ­you Drop1347296632.76692 PostsRegistered 2/4/2010TX

I found a BHG that I am loving, its called Denim. I had not seen that one..love it, now it seems to be out of stock!! I will watch for that one again.

mallemo1347298528.189645 PostsRegistered 7/1/2007Minnesota
On 9/10/2012 Shop Till you Drop said:

I found a BHG that I am loving, its called Denim. I had not seen that one..love it, now it seems to be out of stock!! I will watch for that one again.

I think that's a new one and I have not seen it yet here.

Candlefrea­klady1347300351.96633 PostsRegistered 5/17/2007Southeast Tennessee

Mulberry Plum Spice from BH&G. Most of the melts were already picked over yesterday at Walmart {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Hebrews 11

JMFINLEY0011347309040.4138246 PostsRegistered 12/23/2004Wisconsin

I just placed a big order from NENE'S and right now am burning Spiced Vanilla!!!!Smells so good!!!My mom isburning Granny's Pie Crust and she said it is super strong!!!!!!!

55 yrs old,combo skin/w oily tzone
med golden tan complexion-no wrinkles yet ,but dark under eye circles,med brown hair with caramel highlights and brown eyes!dry fine hair but better with WEN!

pupwhipped1347408596.8671040 PostsRegistered 8/27/2005
On 9/8/2012 Grade1Teach said:
On 9/7/2012 mallemo said:

Slatkin's Cider Lane

and

---

Good Morning!

mallemo...I'm glad it's not just me! I melted 3 Scentsy cubes in Cranberry Muffin yesterday. It smelled great (very strong!), but after a while, the scent completely died down. I would never be able to remelt that one. I agree - I don't think Scentsy cubes remelt at all.

I've been able to remelt a YC tart on occasion. It depends on the scent. However, the scent is always lighter the second time around...

Gals, I'm having the same problems. I just don't get much bang for my cube buck! And it doesn't matter if it's Scentsy or the ones you buy at Walmart. I'm getting discouraged. My warmer is in the kitchen on the counter. It is up under a big overhanging corner cabinet. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? I'm also not getting much smell from any of my plug-in type units......Slatkin bulbs or the cubes. With all the money I spend on this stuff, it just ain't right! {#emotions_dlg.mad}

BooRad8591347466383.797670 PostsRegistered 6/27/2011

Slatkin ~ Cinnamon Nut Bread. Smells more like banana bread than cinnamon, but the throw is very good.

Page 1 of 2