Holidays at Home
53 Members and 11725 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

ALL DAY CHEMIST LATISSE... QUESTION PLEASE...

Started 1283793438.617 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1283898386.843 by Make Up Maiden

Hi ladies. I have never ordered from ADC as I stay away, as often as possible, from generics. My sister wanted to go in with me and buy some of their latisse. I realize it's a generic, but it is so much less than the brand Latisse. I told her I'd check it out with all of you ladies in the know. Is it a good site? Can you use your credit card without issues, has anyone tried the generic from this site and if so, what were the results? Any info is appreciated. I'm fairly apprehensive, but for $11 a bottle, I may order a few bottles and split the $25 shipping with her.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks, and I hope everyone is having a great holiday weekend! Win

Page 1 of 1
GlamourNot­esOfKatherine1283794348.5851 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010

Win,

Personally, I would have to advise against taking a chance with anything that comes in such close contact with the eyes. You have to be so careful, even when you are dealing with actual Latisse.

Have you ever purchased real Latisse before? If not, I can assure you that the little bottle lasts much longer than is stated in the packaging. I have found that I reap optimal results when I apply one drop to the brush and distribute that one drop between both eyes' lashes.

Katherine

GlamourNotesOfKatherine

Keli131283794709.2537516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006

I've been buying Careprost and many other medications from ADC for a few years now. They are an excellent company. Very reputable. I highly recommend them.

The Careprost works just as the prescription version. Recently my hair stylist comemted on my long full lashes so I just placed another order with ADC recently and got a few bottles for her too.

I use my regular Visa card and have never had an issue. There are other options if you don't want to use your card. Like another poster stated you can use a temporary reusable card or if you pay by check or money order they will take $5.00 off your order.

Last edited on 9/6/2010

Last edited on 9/6/2010

Nascarfan481283794908.8131525 PostsRegistered 9/6/2009

I order from there and use the Careprost. If you are worried about using your credit card, you can buy a reloadable credit card for purchases there. I have ordered from them twice so far and had no problems, got my order in 2 1/2 weeks.

lianne1283802141.1731802 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007

I have used ADC for Careprost after my Latisse sample was finished. I used a money order and they processed the order and sent it before they received it! They communicate with you the whole way, when an order is received, when the payment is received and they even included a free eyeliner! I also ordered a years worth of retin-A and other meds to make the $25 shipping worthwhile. I will order from them again.

Deb03601283805814.067230 PostsRegistered 12/27/2008Tulsa

I use ADC and Careprost and love them both. My lashes are awesome and have only been using for about 2.5 months. I'm only using a swipe of mascara for the color. I started using it on my eyebrows too and am hoping it does the same.

I send ADC a check and they ship the order before my check clears the bank.

ILuvMarley1283806401.9585 PostsRegistered 3/10/2010
On 9/6/2010 Nascarfan48 said:

I order from there and use the Careprost. If you are worried about using your credit card, you can buy a reloadable credit card for purchases there. I have ordered from them twice so far and had no problems, got my order in 2 1/2 weeks.

Do you use any specific type of reloadable credit card? I tried that once with a company over seas and they would not take my card because the card was only good for domestic purchases. I can't seem to find one for international use.

Nascarfan481283807379.191525 PostsRegistered 9/6/2009
On 9/6/2010 ILuvMarley said:
On 9/6/2010 Nascarfan48 said:

Do you use any specific type of reloadable credit card? I tried that once with a company over seas and they would not take my card because the card was only good for domestic purchases. I can't seem to find one for international use.

I just picked up the one from Walmart check-out aisle. I think it costs you $3. to load it. I do get charged something for an international transaction (converting $$) but it's only been a couple dollars (keep that in mind when loading). I've never had a problem.

Gym Bunny1283807695.892250 PostsRegistered 7/11/2007Washington State

I had ordering issues with ADC and one order took 5 weeks. I now order Lumigan from InHousePharmacy and have had no problems processing orders and my package comes in about a week. They also give you great deals as a return customer. I always get at least free shipping.

Wish it, dream it. dare it, do it!

winamac1283820491.2919053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana

Thanks so much to all of you for your responses. Can I just get a money order from anywhere for the exact amount and mail it to them? I appreciate everyone's responses too!! Have a great evening!

Keli131283820632.9677516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 9/6/2010 winamac said:

Thanks so much to all of you for your responses. Can I just get a money order from anywhere for the exact amount and mail it to them? I appreciate everyone's responses too!! Have a great evening!

Yes, from anywhere.

winamac1283820741.94319053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
On 9/6/2010 keli13 said:

Yes, from anywhere.

Thanks keli--I know this may be a silly question, but do I just write out the order and send it in the mail with the money order or do I order it first? I don't know how they'd know I'm sending a money order. TIA

Keli131283821144.2177516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 9/6/2010 keli13 said:

Yes, from anywhere.

Thanks keli--I know this may be a silly question, but do I just write out the order and send it in the mail with the money order or do I order it first? I don't know how they'd know I'm sending a money order. TIA

You order first. There will be an option for check or money order when you order and it'll show your total. After you order you'll get your order number and the address to send the money order.

Like many have said, you'll probably recieve your products before they even cash the money order.

Make Up Ma­iden1283842427.963508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Is MedsMex still inaccessible?? That seems like quite awhile now. Anyone know what happened?

Is ADC and InHousePharmacy the only two we use now? TIA!

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

Keli131283854833.727516 PostsRegistered 1/24/2006
On 9/7/2010 Make Up Maiden said:

Is MedsMex still inaccessible?? That seems like quite awhile now. Anyone know what happened?

Is ADC and InHousePharmacy the only two we use now? TIA!

Medsmex was up and running again after their reorganization but the site is temporarily down again.

The prices at Medsmex went up almost double on most items. Maybe they shut the site down again to adjust their pricing down since so many complained about the higher prices. Wishful thinking I guess. I don't know when the site will be back up again this time.

The only product I would buy from them is Renova and unfortunatley they are still the only source for Renova without a script. Everything else I've always bought from ADC.

My personal contact I had at Medsmex is no longer. When Medsmex moved all of their operations to Mexico City and closed the US office she did not stay with them so I can't find out what's gong on anymore.

I'm not sure if I'll continue to buy from medsmex since their web site is up and down so much now. They don't seem reliable anymore at all.

I may just switch to Retin-A when my Renova stash runs out or just get a script from my derm for Renova again like I used to.

Sorry I can't tell you more.

winamac1283859393.73719053 PostsRegistered 8/21/2005Carmel, Indiana
On 9/6/2010 keli13 said:
On 9/6/2010 keli13 said:

Yes, from anywhere.

You order first. There will be an option for check or money order when you order and it'll show your total. After you order you'll get your order number and the address to send the money order.

Like many have said, you'll probably recieve your products before they even cash the money order.

Thanks again Keli for all of you information. I appreciate it. Have a great day!

Make Up Ma­iden1283898386.843508 PostsRegistered 7/22/2010

Hi keli13 ... Thanks for your info. I was wondering, 'cause it seemed like for such a goodly amount of time, they were the best .. then they'd been down. Take care .

♥†♥ “Sticks alone can be broken by a child. but sticks in a bundle are unbreakable.” ♥†♥

Page 1 of 1