Fashion Special Offers
17 Members and 12134 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

What Type of WEN do you use?

Started 1283218209.72 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1283272653.92 by girlygirl30

I've never tried WEN before and I was hoping some current WEN users could post what type of WEN they use and their hair type- length, thick or thin etc...

My hair is mid-back length, layered and wavy/slightly curly, fine but I have lots of it. It's not color-treated and in pretty good condition. From Chaz's website it says that Cucumber Aloe and Lavender don't weigh down hair so I was thinking maybe one of those,,,,but also SAM seems good too since it's for fine to med hair too...so many choices! I want to make the best pick for this upcoming tsv and any input would be great{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Also how long does your bottle last and what size is it?

Page 1 of 1
bruingirl1283220139.6936742 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

Hi girlygirl30

I've been using wen for 4 years now...and won't give it up! wen gives me soft, shiny, healthy, manageable hair. That being said for newbies I usually suggest getting a discover kit so you can try the different flavors and buy larger sizes of the flavor (s) that work best for you hair. I have and use all 5 flavors..mixing 2-3 at a time. For your hair either SAM or Lavender would be fabulous!

As for how long a bottle lasts?? um that really depends on how much you use to cleanse and how often you cleanse.

just make sure to watch the dvd if the kit you buy comes with one and make sure you use enough and rinse long enough...these are some of the most common mistakes newbies make when first using wen.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

lovemygigi1283221720.895095 PostsRegistered 3/12/2010

HI, girlygirl, I agree with bruinsgirl recommendation to try a discovery kit. My hair sounds exactly like yours but color treated. I use WEN FIG and I love it! No matter what other products I try (including the WEN "dupe" called Hair One) I never find anything that does what WEN does for me.

..." Right now, I'm in the sweet spot between complete ignorance and righteous indignation..." Stephen Colbert, 6/5/2014

pvtdevinmom1283224371.591413 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

Been using it since it first aired. I suggest buying the entire larger size discovery kit. I am 50 have color treated hair , shoudler length and thick. I ix allthe different flavors. there is a learning curve and you can't just give up too quickly. I don't count pumps anymore, I buy gallons, and mix and match flavors. Best part is I only have to wash my hair once or twice a week, its soft and I use the oils and remoist as well.

pepes mom1283225766.2935211 PostsRegistered 7/21/2005SW PA

My hair is short, color treated and thick. I use what I call "figendar" : fig and lavendar combined. I buy the 32 oz bottles and a mere 3 pumps is all I need for my hair. I can go a day or so between cleansing, but choose to cleanse daily, especially in summer. My head gets sweaty and then I feel icky.

I started with the discovery kit with the 5 flavors. Let us know what you decide to get and how you like it.

~ Pepe's Mom ~

I'm cool toned. Yellow foundations make me look jaundiced. That is NOT the look I am going for.

Funloving1283226849.527982 PostsRegistered 3/4/2007

I primarily use SAM, Lavender and TT and have some CA coming. I never really count pumps.. I go by feel, when my hair is fully saturated and all "creamy like" from roots to ends through all sections of my hair. I try to do my first cleansing by dunking my head in my deep kitchen sink and applying the first cleansing there. Then pin up my hair.. go about my morning "stuff" for an hour or longer... hop in the shower, rinse and repeat cleansing and rinsing. Don't always have that luxury.. but when I do my hair turns out even more awesome.

My fave though is Chaz's refresher recipe!!! I don't like or NEED to cleanse that often.. about every 3rd or 4th day. I swear his refresher saves my hair when it's teetering the verge... Clean, shiny and bouncy.. full of body.. all over again. Smile

ETA- To answer the rest of your question- hair is quite layered and at its longest is a few inches past my shoulders.. very thick with a fine texture.. color treated w/low and highlights, blond.

Last edited on 8/30/2010

Last edited on 8/30/2010

-By grace alone through faith alone-

Miss Minne­sota1283231779.17432 PostsRegistered 8/11/2007

Ironic, I was just going to post a new thread about questions regarding Wen. I currently use Ojon, and normally would not even think about giving it up. I did for awhile and my hair became sssoooo damaged! But now I have noticed breakage and that my hair is just not what it was before, I have been hearing that they have changed formulas, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with the results I am getting.

I want to take advantage of the Easy Pay offer I got in my email and I was wondering about the same thing.... which one is best for me? Also, people are saying that they go for days without washing, doesn't the hair products that you use build up on your hair and make it feel gross and not clean at all?? I have to wash EVERY day (I use cremes, pomades, and hair spray) or my hair feels just nasty!

Any thoughts or suggestions? I have longer color-treated hair, frizzes in humidity and if I don't put any product in it for styling. I prefer to straighten my hair with an iron, but it is looking so terrible lately, that I have been diffusing it.

mbjos1283254785.26335 PostsRegistered 10/1/2008

What is Wen's refesher recipe? What do you use? I love when and use Lavender and fig. I just bought gallons of each. My hair is chin lenght thick wavey and color treated with highligts.

LaurieRose1283258693.027169 PostsRegistered 6/29/2010

girlygirl30 -- My hair is also mid-back length, wavy/slightly curly, with long layers, very fine but I also have lots of it. However, I have the added attributes of color treated, dry, damaged, and frizzy.

I use Wen Fig because of it and have had AMAZING results, but if your hair is in good condition it might be too much for your hair. I agree that you should do a discovery kit (maybe A210240) to see what works best for you. I tried SAM and for me, it doesn't do much. I need more than that. I haven't tried the others, but really would like to. I know most people who use Wen tend to mix and match and create their own custom combos...

You might also want to try some of the other Wen products (ie, replenishing spray, styling creme, etc). I personally use CC, styling creme, oil, and replenishing spray, and cannot WAIT to try the remoist mask! A202287 is a great kit to try... two 6oz CC, 2oz styling creme, 2oz replenishing mist...

Good luck, and I hope you find the Wen / Wen combo that works AMAZING for you!

lilbitnfla1283261027.05121 PostsRegistered 8/30/2010

I HAVEN'T TRIED WEN YET, BUT I'M THINKING ABOUT IT. I TRIED OJON BUT DID NOT LIKE IT. IT MADE MY HAIR VERY DRY. I ALSO COULD NOT GET PAST THE SMELL. I HAVE JUST PAST THE SHOULDERS FINE HAIR. IT IS COLOR TREATED AND DRY AND FRIZZIE ESPECIALLY AT THE ENDS. I AM THINKING ABOUT TRYING THE FIG AND MAYBE LAVENDER. COULD ANYBODY TELL ME IF THE MASK IS ANYGOOD?

girlygirl301283264514.3433 PostsRegistered 2/6/2008

thanks for everyone's replies!

I wish I had time to try a starter kit before this upcoming tsv but it seems such a great value I just want to take my best shot at picking the right one and maybe i can switch types on the AD if the intial one doesnt work? I hope so.

I'll keep check on this thread please keep posting!

I searched the threads for chaz's refresher recipe: I copied it from 'lyn in MI':

In a 6oz spray bottle mix 4 pumps of WEN Cleansing Conditioner, 2-4 drops of WEN Oil and 2 pumps of your preferred Styling Creme. Use warm water initially to help mix ingredients and shake well before each use. "

brandiwine1283264777.242295 PostsRegistered 11/9/2006Colorado

I've been using Wen since Chaz first came on. I have short, curly, thick hair that is color treated. I use Fig. I live in a dry climate as well, so I need the moisture. Before I started using WEN I became ill with an auto-immune disease and the first thing I was told was that my hair would fall out. It did. I tried all sorts of shampoos & cond. When I got the WEN my hair quit falling out. It was amazing. My hair has grown in and I'm almost back to the full head of hair I had. My docs and stylist are shocked.

girlygirl301283272653.917433 PostsRegistered 2/6/2008

posted on wrong thread....sorry

Last edited on 8/31/2010

Last edited on 8/31/2010

Page 1 of 1