Dooney Days
11 Members and 14418 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Michael Maron - Mojave Magic

Started 1281735809.24 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1281812199.67 by CaChica

I just purchased Mojave Magic's terra cotta powder after a long period of time. Love it. Would someone just once let us know that Michael Maron is alive and well. Thanks.

Page 1 of 1
Beebo1281736961.1376959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

I Teach Too1281739201.89311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

Redpoint. I was still available on the Q the last I checked. That was awhile ago, so I am not certain.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

Tissyannie1281739353.6076563 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

Redpoint. I was still available on the Q the last I checked. That was awhile ago, so I am not certain.

Yes- redpoint is still available. I miss him also, such a nice person. He works with plastic surgeons I believe.

I go to prepare a place for you, in my father's house are many mansions.

I Teach Too1281741664.26311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/13/2010 Tissyannie said:
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

Redpoint. I was still available on the Q the last I checked. That was awhile ago, so I am not certain.

Yes- redpoint is still available. I miss him also, such a nice person. He works with plastic surgeons I believe.

My favorite Redpoint product is/was the eye liner. It was marbleized.

Last edited on 8/14/2010

Last edited on 8/14/2010

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

Zaksgrrl1281742019.639844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Tissyannie said:
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

Redpoint. I was still available on the Q the last I checked. That was awhile ago, so I am not certain.

Yes- redpoint is still available. I miss him also, such a nice person. He works with plastic surgeons I believe.

My favorite Redpoint product is/was the eye liner. I was marbleized.

You were 'marbleized'? What does that mean?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

Beebo1281746150.36959 PostsRegistered 4/13/2010

That's right, Redpoint. Do they ever present either Redpoint or Mojave Magic anymore or is it just available online?

Tissyannie1281746996.6636563 PostsRegistered 6/26/2010
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

That's right, Redpoint. Do they ever present either Redpoint or Mojave Magic anymore or is it just available online?

Only on online.

I go to prepare a place for you, in my father's house are many mansions.

CaChica1281748241.2075897 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

I ran across something a couple years ago maybe longer where he was a speaker on cruise lines. I think he parted with Mojave Magic rather abruptly as he did not mention the line after Red Point was introduced nor was it on his QVC snapshot page outlining his experience. He may be semi retired now.

Here's something I bookmarked when I was searching for Mojave Magic and MM.

http://www.wcspeakers.com/speaker.cfm?ID=10130

I still love Mojave Magic and use it regularly. I miss the Industrial Strength concealer, eye color cosmetics and stick foundation very much.

CaChica1281748397.8475897 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

Here's another link, who knows how old it is though.

http://michaelmaronbeauty.com/index.php

Email: michael@michaelmaronbeauty.com

Last edited on 8/13/2010

More products:

http://www.dermstore.com/profile_Mojave+Magic_500908.htm

http://www.glow.com/profile_Mojave+Magic_500908.htm

Last edited on 8/13/2010

Last edited on 8/13/2010

Bella HS1281748432.3038076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY

His line of Redpoint products including his infamous Noc-Out concealer are also available on dermstore.com. His hydra boosting powder is fantastic. I use his Optic eye and lip pencils which help with bleeding too. Don't forget about his Mojave Magic tinted moisturizer....one of the best out there is also still available for $20.

CaChica1281749550.6275897 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

thanks for the recs bella.

Here is another link re Michael Maron -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Ks15ko/Personal_Sandbox

Iluvlucy1281749740.63804 PostsRegistered 8/22/2008

His NocOut Concealer was offered in pick from Beautyfix.com. Check out that website, you join and get 10 products you pick, most are full size, for $49. It is definitely worth looking at.

Love me, love my rescues!!!!!

I Teach Too1281791208.74711790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/13/2010 sailorgal said:
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Tissyannie said:
On 8/13/2010 I Teach Too said:
On 8/13/2010 Beebo said:

Always liked Michael Maron and miss seeing him. I remember after Mojave Magic, he did presentations for a similar make-up, but for more mature skin - it had red in the name, I believe. Then he disappeared from QVC completely.

Redpoint. I was still available on the Q the last I checked. That was awhile ago, so I am not certain.

Yes- redpoint is still available. I miss him also, such a nice person. He works with plastic surgeons I believe.

My favorite Redpoint product is/was the eye liner. I was marbleized.

You were 'marbleized'? What does that mean?

So maybe I should edit it to say IT was marbleized...not I. Sorry...it was a long week.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

Uglybuster1281794808.987723 PostsRegistered 6/25/2010Chicago

I am so happy to see that others like myself have been thinking about Mojave Magic! Through the years I have purchased tinted moisturizers from VERY reputable and EXPENSIVE makeup lines, with less than great results..my big complaints are the smell and the irritation to my eyes. I was surfing the Q for tinted moisturizer and purchased Mojave Magic tinted moisturizer for $22.00, item # A138318, and could NOT be HAPPIER! It is less expensive and is wonderful, absorbs quickly, no smell, no irritation...PERFECT. Years ago I used the makeup system from this line as well and think I will start using it again, I was so happy with it before.

Thanks for talking about Mojave Magic, I wish this line was still going strong!

light / medium... graying hair, 52 yr old, dry skin.

Quinny1281805931.332496 PostsRegistered 1/21/2009
On 8/14/2010 Uglybuster said:

I am so happy to see that others like myself have been thinking about Mojave Magic! Through the years I have purchased tinted moisturizers from VERY reputable and EXPENSIVE makeup lines, with less than great results..my big complaints are the smell and the irritation to my eyes. I was surfing the Q for tinted moisturizer and purchased Mojave Magic tinted moisturizer for $22.00, item # A138318, and could NOT be HAPPIER! It is less expensive and is wonderful, absorbs quickly, no smell, no irritation...PERFECT. Years ago I used the makeup system from this line as well and think I will start using it again, I was so happy with it before.

Thanks for talking about Mojave Magic, I wish this line was still going strong!

I LOVED Mojave Magic and used it for years, The lip conditioning color duo and the allover face color powder were staples in my cosmetic bag. Those two items and mascara were all I needed!

Uglybuster1281808724.013723 PostsRegistered 6/25/2010Chicago

I really think that Mojave Magic was one of the (if not THE) originators of "mineral" based makeup, and they did it SO well. I had completely forgotten about the conditioning color lip duo....WOW that brings back good memories! The whole product line was about minimal and NATURAL. I would like to see a Q revival of this line. (Im a dreamer..sigh..)

light / medium... graying hair, 52 yr old, dry skin.

CaChica1281812199.675897 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 8/14/2010 Uglybuster said:

I really think that Mojave Magic was one of the (if not THE) originators of "mineral" based makeup, and they did it SO well. I had completely forgotten about the conditioning color lip duo....WOW that brings back good memories! The whole product line was about minimal and NATURAL. I would like to see a Q revival of this line. (Im a dreamer..sigh..)

The lip conditioner can be found at glow.com and the other place noted below. It may be non taxed. I have been thinking of ordering the brushes. I love the two MM brushes I have.

Page 1 of 1