TSV(R) Preview
69 Members and 15677 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

How do you apply argan oil to your face?

Started 1281307795.12 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1281551947.977 by freckledgypsy

I know this has been asked before but can't remember the answer. I put it on with a cotton ball and not under my eye's but this morning it was puffy under my eyes. I must say my face had a soft healthy glow to it even after washing it off.

Page 1 of 1
foodfaerie1281309319.703699 PostsRegistered 5/7/2010Birmingham,Alabama

Thanks for the question, Daisy. I just received my bottle and was wondering the same thing. Mine came with a dropper but I'm not sure how to use it without dripping everywhere so I put a drop on my finger and rub it on my face.

I'll try a cottonball next and look forward to seeing some answers here.

love me lo­ve my cats1281310690.671860 PostsRegistered 6/22/2006PA

I just put a tiny bit in the palm of one hand & with the other hand, dip a couple finger tips into the oil & put the oil on my face & rub it in.

I've been using it on my neck too - really has improved the look of my neck. Also, put it on my hands. Good stuff!

ohioglamgal1281311125.3572048 PostsRegistered 3/1/2007

If I'm using the argan oil on my face, I'll just put a drop or two into the palm of one hand...sort of use my fingertips on the other hand to 'pick it up' and gently press the oil against my skin. Then one more drop to rub directly on the cuticles. I wouldn't put onto a cotton pad as that would seem like I was 'wasting' the oil. Hope you continue love it!

This is also what I do when I use jojoba oil as a moisturizer.

Breky1281312844.6872052 PostsRegistered 6/29/2008Connecticut Shoreline

I apply a few drops to my fingertips on my left hand. I then press my fingertips of my right hand to my left hand. I then press the oil all over my face. I do not rub, I press which I think spreads easier. BTW, I add another drop onto my fingertips and apply directly to my eyelashes. Believe it or not I have noticed that my eyelashes are filling in since I started using Argan Oil. Even the sparse outer corners of my eyes are filling in. I have even started adding it to my eyebrows. I will let you know if I see a difference there too! Pats

glmama1281318307.5819527 PostsRegistered 12/8/2006

I put a few drops on my fingertips and pat under my eyes, top of cheek bones, and all around my face. :)

Over 40. Dark hair. Fair, with mild-moderate Rosacea. Finicky skin. Did I mention--Gorgeous? ;)

little dai­sy1281363573.2172247 PostsRegistered 3/6/2007

I have one more question about argan oil, do you wear it only at night time or during the day also. how dose camden grey compare to JM sold on the Q are they the same or is JM better. I have camden grey just got it two days ago.

Pianomama1281491306.452810 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007southern California

Where do you get Argan oil?

Zaksgrrl1281498671.0539844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark

The French way is my way: 3-7 drops into the palm of the hand, rub hands together to warm the oil, then PRESS your hands onto your face. Your hands should feel warm. Press about 10 times then leave the oil to finish soaking in. No worries if it stays a little dewy; it doesn't stain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
When I get through this, I'm going to live the life of an adventurer.
Bear Grylls

LostGirl1281499312.1635023 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009

of course it is.

"Guys, where are we?"

Bella HS1281499488.4638076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY
On 8/10/2010 Pianomama said:

Where do you get Argan oil?

Some of the posters have gone directly to Josie Maran's site but it is overpriced there.

Here are some sites with very reasonable prices

androcco

camden-grey

garden of wisdom

I'm sure some will chime in with other sites.

In my opinion argan oil is not the best "beauty oil" out there. Tamanu and Emu oils are terrific for the skin. If you ever want to experiment further you can try the cranberry seed oil which is full of great benefits for your skin.

I must admit that argan is on the lower end of my list now that I've experimented with different oils from the OCM (oil cleansing method) or from just applying over my Retin A at night.

3Pugs1Pek1281499604.49373 PostsRegistered 1/26/2006Sunny So. Cal

Ummmm, I try doing this and it made me breakout ! Now I'm just putting it on my scalp. I'm scared to put it on my face again.

NurseRecru­iter1281501153.75713869 PostsRegistered 6/9/2005Suburban Chicago

I only use my argan oil at night as my night moisturizer after my Retin A. (cleanse with Truly Pure cleanisng oil, apply Retin A, wait 5 minutes, apply argan oil - done).

I just use a drop, at the most two. My bottle has a dropper with it so I do mean one drop. I put it in my palm, rub my palms together and then smooth my palms over my face. My guess is that during the cooler months, winter, I will use 2 drops, maybe three. My under eye area is dry so I put another 'barely' drop on my ring finger tip, but my ring fingers together and then pat under my eyes. If I have anything left on my hands, I just smooth them over my hair to give it some extra over night conditioning.

Are we friends on Facebook yet? See my profile for FB contact info!

LostGirl1281501980.725023 PostsRegistered 10/22/2009

NURSERECRUITER - Does this have a fragrance? Thanks.

"Guys, where are we?"

Isabella 21281502324.1334080 PostsRegistered 4/30/2007
On 8/10/2010 NurseRecruiter said:

I only use my argan oil at night as my night moisturizer after my Retin A. (cleanse with Truly Pure cleanisng oil, apply Retin A, wait 5 minutes, apply argan oil - done).

I just use a drop, at the most two. My bottle has a dropper with it so I do mean one drop. I put it in my palm, rub my palms together and then smooth my palms over my face. My guess is that during the cooler months, winter, I will use 2 drops, maybe three. My under eye area is dry so I put another 'barely' drop on my ring finger tip, but my ring fingers together and then pat under my eyes. If I have anything left on my hands, I just smooth them over my hair to give it some extra over night conditioning.

Hi - I read a lot about argan oil here on the boards. Is there a particular type I should purchase? Do you buy it in the drug store or department store?

Why do they bite the hand of those who feed them?

Zaksgrrl1281502439.49844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 8/9/2010 daisy mae said:

I have one more question about argan oil, do you wear it only at night time or during the day also. how dose camden grey compare to JM sold on the Q are they the same or is JM better. I have camden grey just got it two days ago.

Daisy, I also use Josie Maran's SPF 40 with argan oil. It's all natural, including the SPF and it just sinks into the skin.

Bear Grylls

Zaksgrrl1281502618.029844 PostsRegistered 2/2/2008In the sun but willing to go into the dark
On 8/10/2010 sparklinwine said:

Hi - I read a lot about argan oil here on the boards. Is there a particular type I should purchase? Do you buy it in the drug store or department store?

You want 100% pure organic for cosmetic use (there is a different type for cooking). Since it is so popular, it's easy to find. Josie Maran's is a little high. You're better off getting it from Androcco or Shea Terra to name 2. DON'T use MorroccanOil; it's loaded with fillers, preservatives, etc. - and very little argan oil.

Keep the questions coming. I love using argan oil, and I think most people do.

Bear Grylls

Isabella 21281544949.9974080 PostsRegistered 4/30/2007
On 8/10/2010 sailorgal said:
On 8/10/2010 sparklinwine said:

You want 100% pure organic for cosmetic use (there is a different type for cooking). Since it is so popular, it's easy to find. Josie Maran's is a little high. You're better off getting it from Androcco or Shea Terra to name 2. DON'T use MorroccanOil; it's loaded with fillers, preservatives, etc. - and very little argan oil.

Keep the questions coming. I love using argan oil, and I think most people do.

Thanks for responding ...can I get your recommended type in a Brick and Mortar store?

Shopping on line for cosmetics isn't my favorite thing to do as it adds a lot to the price.

Many thanks for responding.

Why do they bite the hand of those who feed them?

PpprMintPa­tty1281545144.11718666 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007Outside our Nation's Capitol

Where would I find Cranberry oil? I have a lot of allergies so am a little hesitant to use Argan oil, think Cranberry would be better for me.

~Formerly known as Danny~

WillEscape­CAsoon1281546249.0933130 PostsRegistered 3/5/2009

I don't since I saw a Jeff Corwin Special on Animal Planet and saw how Argon Oil is processed. (Literally through an animal, specifically a goat). Can we say ICK!{#emotions_dlg.scared}

cerinthe1281547013.472591 PostsRegistered 7/12/2005

Gonepermanently- Far more sanitary a process than any of our spinach or peanut butter processing centers in the US... I'm just saying! :)

[Someone posted some amazing wonderful photos of the goats eating the nuts out of the trees on another Argan thread, really cool!]

Bella HS1281549432.0938076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY
On 8/11/2010 PpprMintPatty said:

Where would I find Cranberry oil? I have a lot of allergies so am a little hesitant to use Argan oil, think Cranberry would be better for me.

Hi PPM....cranberry seed oil is sold on camdengrey.com. It's a wonderful oil. You can read all about it's benefits on the site or google other sites for additional information. It's one of my favorite oils. Rich in Omegas too but not greasy like olive oil

Here is a link

Last edited on 8/11/2010

Last edited on 8/11/2010

bopper1281549762.58314046 PostsRegistered 8/5/2007

I use the argan oil as my moisturizer also. At night I use 2 drops in the palms of my hands and rub it all over my face and neck and during the day I mix 1 drop with my spf moisturizer and just use this. It has made my soft skin even softer {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

PpprMintPa­tty1281550396.618666 PostsRegistered 8/7/2007Outside our Nation's Capitol

Thanks Bella! The link isn't working but I'll google it. I've been reading some of these posts about the OCM and I have to say, I'm finding it very interesting.

~Formerly known as Danny~

Bella HS1281551885.958076 PostsRegistered 12/17/2007East Hampton, NY
On 8/11/2010 PpprMintPatty said:

Thanks Bella! The link isn't working but I'll google it. I've been reading some of these posts about the OCM and I have to say, I'm finding it very interesting.

PPM...I fixed the link for you. But googling for additional info will be great also.

freckledgy­psy1281551947.9771133 PostsRegistered 11/9/2007New York

Brecky said it's making her lashes grow and she's going to use it on her eyebrows...makes me a bit nervous about what's going to grow on my face!

(Just kidding{#emotions_dlg.blushing})

Page 1 of 1