Maxi Dresses
132 Members and 9051 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

TOVA SHOW

Started 1281281660.707 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1286049116.037 by TinaBoBina

Tova had a one hour program--1 a.m. on East Coast. Pretty much all fragrances and about half the show was clearance. They said some items would not be back. Tova Signature in a set with another Tova fragrance. Prices seemed low which is good, but I question the quality. It's a shame her line as gone down so much. I loved her mascara, color cosmetics and the fragrances years ago.

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
Feathers f­rom Heaven1281281897881 PostsRegistered 3/17/2009

I missed the show, but I think that the younger people are crowding her out.

Sparky441281282289.36320 PostsRegistered 4/3/2010

I also saw the Tova show, on west coast time. Tova looking lovely as always. I was a devoted fan of her Signature perfume and her mascara was the best. With all the clearance items last night, I guess they are phasing Tova's products out. What a shame.

star8261281282307.2412382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

Hi~ I used to wear Tova signature when it was referred to as just "Tova"... Then I bought Tova Nights when that came out and wore the two for quite a while... I haven't purchased anything from her line since the Q "revamped" everything in her line... I have read reviews here on the forums that the fragrances were changed and have not smelled like they originally did... so I have moved on to other scents... But I do miss my 2 Tova scents...

(The models used to rave about her mascara... now they have so many lines to choose from who knows which is the best sold from the Q...) I buy mascara at the local store.

I wish the Q would revamp Tova's whole line... It has not been a major seller for ages... and yet Tova still looks elegant and smiles even though I'm sure she is furious that the Q has really run her line into the ground... I saw the lower prices offered last night (were they sale priced or clearance? don't remember)

Some lines the Q picks up and runs with and others they "dissolve"...

***Tova deserved better as do her customers...***

~Star826*

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

A helpful decision maker: Ask yourself, "What would Cher do?"

babs1281288196.7771001 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

You're right, Star. Tova deserved better....& *we* deserved better. HER products were tops until Q messed with a proven seller. What a shame.

babs :-)

I Teach Too1281288260.39311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

I see the platinum is on clearance. I wonder what new name they will come up with the sell the NOT original signature fragrance this time.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

qvcaddition1281288524.6435165 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

She is still beautiful. I wonder how old she is because Ernie is quite old. Of course she could have been 20 or 30 years younger than him when they married, like the Douglass. The marriage lasted though.

I use to get her face vit. c cream.

star8261281288778.61312382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown
On 8/8/2010 babs said:

You're right, Star. Tova deserved better....& *we* deserved better. HER products were tops until Q messed with a proven seller. What a shame.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} babs, remember Tova built that company on "word of mouth"... not using traditional advertising... Almost 30 yrs later & look what the powers that be at the Q have done!

I know they must have paid her a large sum but she deserves credit holding her tongue on air instead of telling the audience what she really thinks!

Where are all the Tova parfum fans? Wish we could start a campaign to get back to the original Tova signature fragrance...

I miss it...

She was the first on the Q to offer the eau de parfum in the "ettui" ,take along refillable roll on tube shaped bottle that s-crewed into the metal outer holder... spill proof and perfectly sized...

I want & need that ettui w/ my fragrance back!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know PEACE" ~ Jimi Hendrix

babs1281289458.781001 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

*Yes*, yes, & *yes* again!!! I used many of her products for *years* & of course was on auto-delivery for the signature fragrance. I originally wasn't all that keen on Tova Nights but it did grow on me & now I treasure what little I have.

When they changed the original signature, I was heartbroken & disgusted. I bought a ton of it from a gal who'd hoarded it & whose tastes had changed...LUCKY for ME!{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} When that supply ran out, a dupe came along, & I'm very happy with that.

If the original came back (TO the original!) I'd be back in a heartbeat!

I *do* remember seeing Tova's ads in the back pages of glamour mags for years. She's a beautiful, warm, classy *lady*.

star8261281290080.4412382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

babs~ What's the name of the dupe? Is it still available?

Miss my Tova siggy scent

Thanks,

~Star826*

babs1281305327.4231001 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004ny

Yes...at pittstreetsoap dot you-know-what. Paulette is wonderful, the dupe satisfies me & I *very well* remember the original. You'll be pleasantly surprised, bank on it! I buy the lotion & the cologne regularly...in fact I reordered shortly before I answered this, hehe.

doxiemom 41281305864.3227472 PostsRegistered 12/30/2008NJ-FL

I miss her Signature sooooooo much.......I did order the Sig nature and Summer scent.....early this morning........

He Signature is all I wore ever wore for years........

Holly Noel 7/11/97 1/22/11 RIP My Sweet Angel
Annie Oakley 12/7/00 - 8/26/12, Another Angel.

I Teach Too1281305997.78711790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/8/2010 doxiemom 3 said:

I miss her Signature sooooooo much.......I did order the Sig nature and Summer scent.....early this morning........

He Signature is all I wore ever wore for years........

Yes...I miss it too. I have yet to replace it. I hear so much talk about Pittsburgh soap...maybe I need to just give in and try it.

MsTrixi1281306145.311374 PostsRegistered 9/18/2006Menifee, California

That was just a sad show. So much was on clearance and the hostess just didn't seem very excited to be sitting there with Tova. I hope that Tova continues to enjoy a wonderful life (I'm sure she will) and maybe she can slow down a bit and kick back. QVC seems to have decided to cool things down with her former product line. Man, I used to love some of her makeup products. There is so little selection these days!

"Getting old is not for sissies."
Bette Davis

little mis­s sunshine1281310717.9072355 PostsRegistered 10/13/2006

Whatever the deal was between Tova and Qvc, it really killed her credibility with consumers. We all loved, and were devoted to, the original Tova. Then she tried to pass on the "new" Tova and we all knew it wasn't the same. Not even close. Then she tried to sell the Platinum as good as the original. Sorry, Tova.It just isn't near the original. I held off for over 3 years and finally gave in and bought the Plat. I threw it out. I'm done with Tova and I think her business is over too. I really don't think she cares and she has enough money to live out her life comfortably. For me, I think my reputation is more important than money and money can't buy it back. She had a good thing going but she threw it away.

star8261281316284.31712382 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004Coastal Ripkaland bordering Bixbyville and Dawkinstown

babs~Thanks for the info!

Never heard of that co. before...

I read their description of Tova siggy scent and they mention "spicy"... Do you find it has a spicy note to it? The original siggy scent of Tova never smelled spicy to me...{#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Hope you see this...

Thanks again!

~Star826*

CaChica1281316369.4475850 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006

I hope Tova moves over to HSN and they let her be creative with her line. I still miss her Tova Beverly Hills scented body powder.

I Teach Too1281316765.42711790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.
On 8/8/2010 little miss sunshine said:

Whatever the deal was between Tova and Qvc, it really killed her credibility with consumers. We all loved, and were devoted to, the original Tova. Then she tried to pass on the "new" Tova and we all knew it wasn't the same. Not even close. Then she tried to sell the Platinum as good as the original. Sorry, Tova.It just isn't near the original. I held off for over 3 years and finally gave in and bought the Plat. I threw it out. I'm done with Tova and I think her business is over too. I really don't think she cares and she has enough money to live out her life comfortably. For me, I think my reputation is more important than money and money can't buy it back. She had a good thing going but she threw it away.

I just can't figure what the Q got out of the deal. They ruined the line, Tova got her money, and the Q lost business. That can't be good business.

Many Tova Signature lovers would pay quite a bit for the original. They don't even get that.

Dell1281319897.362216 PostsRegistered 6/14/2006Northern California

Man I ordered Tova probably around 1996 and after my first bottle had it on auto-delivery. A woman at work smelled me, asked me to bring it in so she could smell it and sprayed it on herself. After that at work, she called QVC, became a member and ordered Tova! I also had her mascara on auto-delivery. I so wish that would come back almost as much as the fragrance. And her makeup TSV's were awesome. I guess those were the good old days.

Dell

Daysdee1281320170.86318030 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007
On 8/8/2010 MsTrixi said:

That was just a sad show. So much was on clearance and the hostess just didn't seem very excited to be sitting there with Tova. I hope that Tova continues to enjoy a wonderful life (I'm sure she will) and maybe she can slow down a bit and kick back. QVC seems to have decided to cool things down with her former product line. Man, I used to love some of her makeup products. There is so little selection these days!

I agree. I loved her make-up and skincare line too. It was a sad show. Some of the sets of 2 were so "cheap"--looks like they are really clearing out her line. A shame! I always looked forward to her TSVS in the "old days." Such good values. I even ordered them from her salon in Beverly Hills (same price) and the beauty consultant would include a lot of samples and full-size freebies.

Daysdee1281320351.44718030 PostsRegistered 1/23/2007

I loved her vitamin C face cream too. Wonderful product.

Bocadeb1281322018.627237 PostsRegistered 6/27/2010Boca Raton, FL.

I have heard a lot about Tova Signature on this forum and had wanted to try it. I happened to be looking on Shopgoodwill dot com and saw some up for auction. Well I won the bid. I am not sure if I got a bargain or not. It is a brand new 5 pc set called Tova Beverly Hills which came with:

3.3 oz Tova Signature Eau de Parfum, 1 oz Tova Sandalwood, 1 oz Lavender, 1 oz Jasmine and 1 oz Bergamot. The 1 oz's are eau de toilette. Looks like its a set that was offered by QVC. I won the bid for $49.00. Did I do well? I don't really know what it cost originally. The Signature fragrance is beautiful. It smells so good!!

Have a Happy Philosophy Day!!!

brownie9171281325071.2934579 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004New England

I agree with the comment about it being a "sad show" and the host not really into it. There were some great buys though.

On the German QVC and U.K. QVC, Tova's line is much bigger and more comprehensive (including jewelry). The review ratings are generally higher there too.

I find Tova Signature Platinum comes very close to the original, pre-QVC buyout/reformulation of Tova Signature. And, I've worn Tova Signature since 1990. I'd buy it from her Beverly Hills Salon.

I also used Tova's Cactine cleanser, facial and eye serums - which were sold on the Q, but then phased out (so I went to Elysee). Tova's serums had hyalaronic acid and antioxidants in them at a time when no one was talking about those ingredients. And they were so gentle and oil free. I also used her full makeup line and hair care line (the original shampoo/conditioner had the Tova Signature scent to it(gorgeous!), then it changed to a green apple scent).

About the Pittsburg Soaps describing their dupe of Tova as "spicy". There are no spices(and that includes vanilla) in Tova Signature or in Tova Nights. This company has shilled on the makeupalley board putting up a negative review of Tova Signature then putting in their website. I've tried their dupe and it's not impressive. It lacks depth and the arabian musk basenote to even compare to the original Tova or to Tova Platinum.

It's just so sad that a really fine line of fragrances, skincare, haircare and makeup has been decimated by QVC with their buyout. They phased out everything but a few items and what they didn't phase out they reformulated using cheaper source ingredients.

But, going back to the original perfumers for Tova Platinum was an excellent idea yet there are still women who are absolutely against it and write terrible, viscious reviews. They don't realize that pre-QVC Tova Signature will not/can not come back in that exact form anyway because of the tightened E.U. ingredients laws. So, I'm enjoying the Tova Platinum because that's truly as close to the original as we'll get. And, Tova Platinum illicits compliments like the original Tova Signature. I just hope the whinners won't make the whole line disappear here in the U.S. We've already had a poster or two coming on every few weeks, announcing that Tova's line is being canceled by the Q and won't be made anymore, yet with no backup or source to their forum announcements.

CaChica1281328306.6235850 PostsRegistered 1/13/2006
On 8/8/2010 brownie53 said:

I agree with the comment about it being a "sad show" and the host not really into it. There were some great buys though.

I've seen host (Gabriel I think is her name, same host?) with very popular jewelry shows in the past and thought the same this, ;she is not really into it at all'. I felt sorry for the jewelry rep. and now feel sorry for Tova working with her on a clearance show.

mamagriz1281328810.3763 PostsRegistered 2/3/2008
On 8/8/2010 little miss sunshine said:

Do you think she actually threw it away or was she crowded out by Philosophy?

geraldine1281329109.07476 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 8/8/2010 qvcaddition said:

She is still beautiful. I wonder how old she is because Ernie is quite old. Of course she could have been 20 or 30 years younger than him when they married, like the Douglass. The marriage lasted though.

I use to get her face vit. c cream.

Her birthdate is 11-17-1941

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next