Creede Silver Sale
9 Members and 10109 Guests Online

Beauty Banter

Kiehls Ultra facial products or CeraVe products

Started 1281061592.677 in Beauty Banter | Last reply 1281583947.687 by bamberkat13

Hi,

I like the kiehls but looking to save money. Should I stay with Kiehls or would CeraVe keep my dry skin equally hydrated?

Thanks

Page 1 of 1
PurpleDaisy1281127724.051073 PostsRegistered 1/19/2010

Hi,

I use Kiehl's ultra facial cream and couldn't be without it! I've never tried the CeraVe, but I think it's sold at CVS and Wallgreens? I'd check their return policies, try it out, and return it if you're not happy.

bljed1281127954.727134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

I like CeraVe products. I like the cleanser alot as well as the CeraVe PM which is also a Paula's Pick on BeautyPedia. I say give CeraVe a try first as its less expensive but still good and if its not helping enough with your dry skin than check out Kiehls. Of course you could combine the lines from what you like best from both. You might like a Kiehls heavy duty moisturizer in the dead of winter for example.

love me lo­ve my cats1281128301.931860 PostsRegistered 6/22/2006PA

Cerave keeps my skin moisturized & healthy looking. I really like the cleanser, especially during the winter months. I just recently started using the PM lotion & like it alot. I do favor the moisturizing cream over the lotion, tho. It's good stuff & the price is quite reasonable.

doglover31281129963.969685 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

what do you ladies think between CeraVe and Cetaphil? thanks

love me lo­ve my cats1281130483.881860 PostsRegistered 6/22/2006PA
On 8/6/2010 doglover3 said:

what do you ladies think between CeraVe and Cetaphil? thanks

Cerave is noted for ceramides & hyaluronic acid, which Cetaphil DOES NOT have. Cerave also has a patented Multivesicular Emulsion formulation.

While Cetaphil is gentle & effective, I think Cerave has ingredients that are known to maintain healthy skin. You may want to research the benefits of ceramides & hyaluronic acid in skin care.

Last edited on 8/6/2010

Last edited on 8/6/2010

happydogs1281132115.823339 PostsRegistered 10/26/2007

Had appt with my derm last week and he wholeheartedly loves and recommends Cerave products...cleanser, am moisturizer (spf 30) and pm moisturizer which I love, and the regular cerave cream , not lotion, over my Retin-A at night. He says that is all anyone needs. I always ask him about the other skincare lines like Perricone, PTR, etc and he just shakes his head and tells me please don't waste my money and stick with Retin-A and a good sunscreen. It is tempting tho to try other things!!!

Stargazer771281137318.526247 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006

I really like CeraVe. It's one of my most repurchased lines. I use the cleanser (in the morning), lotion and just bought the PM lotion not too long ago. If it's winter and my skin is dry I'll add jojoba oil to the lotion (or use it straight if I'm super dry).

I always thought CeraVe and Cetaphil were on par with each other, then I looked up both lines in BeautyPedia (which is currently down, grrrr) and I don't think Cetaphil earned a Paula's Pick in anything, unlike CeraVe, which was Paula's Picks down the line. I'm currently using Cetaphil Oily as my nighttime cleanser because I'm not sure how CeraVe would do at removing my makeup.

teach, I think you should try CeraVe first, as it's less expensive and if you like the results you'll have saved yourself some money. If it doesn't work out you can always go to Kiehl's. If you have a Lancome outlet near you (I think it's called the Company Store or something like that, not to be confused with Estee Lauder's outlet called the Cosmetics Company Store), they sell some Kiehl's products in there. Also, if you belong to Costco I've seen CeraVe products behind the pharmacy counter register. I've saved a few dollars by purchasing from there.

teach66911281138397.50765 PostsRegistered 3/21/2007Bloomington Illinois

Does the Cerave cleanser remove eye makeup? What is the difference between the Cerave moisture cream and the new PM lotion?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

love me lo­ve my cats1281138673.0971860 PostsRegistered 6/22/2006PA
On 8/6/2010 teach6691 said:

Does the Cerave cleanser remove eye makeup? What is the difference between the Cerave moisture cream and the new PM lotion?

Thanks to everyone for your help!

I personally do not think Cerave cleanser is very good at removing make up. I use Ponds cleansing towelettes prior to washing. The new PM lotion contains niacinamide, as well as the ceramides & hyaluronic acid.

Stargazer771281138985.7576247 PostsRegistered 10/24/2006

I haven't tried it for eye makeup removal, but I can't see it winning any awards for that. I use jojoba oil to remove my eye makeup. It's off very quickly with just a couple swipes.

As for the difference between the lotions, I think the only difference is the PM lotion contains niacinamide and the regular lotion doesn't. I think I heard on Dr. Oz one day quite a long time ago say that niacinamide is a possible wrinkle preventer. Others on the board may be more knowledgable about this ingredient than I am.

Pianomama1281151522.222850 PostsRegistered 6/7/2007southern California

I have only tried the CeraVe cleanser. I am not too fond of it. I had been using Basis soap, but ran out of it and had not bought any (hard to find). When I did purchase the Basis, I could see a big difference in it and the CeraVe cleanser. My skin feels squeaky clean with Basis. With the cleanser, still feels like a film. I don't know-the Basis soap feeling may indicate no moisturizing effect. I do use a moisuritzer after (alternating Cetaphil and Retin A). Haven't used CeraVe moistuirzer so can't comment on it. Do like the Cetaphil.

doglover31281212991.029685 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

thank you ladies, as usual, very informative. Now I may just have to try that PMlotion, sounds good. How about Cetaphil for night and CeraVe for morning, no makeup on then. I have been using Aveeno positively radient cleanser in a pump bottle, not the long spout pump, seems to take everything off I use but I don't use mascara, very sensitive eyes but I do line my lower lash line.

would I put this over my OOO regenerist serum, PM lotion?

bljed1281229874.127134 PostsRegistered 1/29/2008

Yes, use the CeraVe PM lotion over your serum. THe lotion is basically a good moisturizer.

southtexan1281230856.359 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008

I need a daytime moisturizer w/o spf. My derm sells a wonderful SPF 45 w/o moisturizer. Can I use the CeraVe PM during the day with the SPF 45?

doglover31281481199.1679685 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

thanks, got the CeraVe cleanser, doesn't take makeup off so I use this in the morning and use the Aveeno Positively Radiant for night time, works great. thanks

bamberkat131281583947.6871112 PostsRegistered 3/5/2007Southwest

I started using CeraVe last year after my dermatologist told me I had mild Rosacea and gave me some samples of Aveeno and CeraVe. As an asthmatic I could not tolerate the fragrance in Aveeno. CeraVe has none.

I wear Laura Geller and BE products which include eye makeup.

I have had no problems with the CeraVe cleanser removing all of it including the eye makeup and waterproof mascara. I use it twice though and put it on a bit thick the first time and just massage with my fingers, use a warm water washcloth and then I put on a light layer and use the Clarasonic Mia. I use Finacea cream for the Rosacea followed by Cerave Moisturizer for day and PM for night. I love the way my skin looks and feels now.

I had been using Philosophy Purity, but it was drying my skin out too much. I am in my mid 60's and the Cerave works for me and is comparitively inexpensive to what I was using.

Any household with at least one feline member has no need for an alarm clock :)

Page 1 of 1